xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Scripts  (Read 502 times)

scimitar116

• Archived User
Scripts
« on: October 25, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

mad.gif , i want to have 2 scripts in my unleashx dashes (ude2, and ma hack) that will

1. move all non normal xbox files (i use ude2) into a savegame dir on E (i still have a stock HDD) and copy the original xboxdash back to c and rename the fonts dir from f0nts to fonts and the one that was called fonts that had bert and ernie in it into f0nts.

2. and another on the unleashx dash that i boot from the MA hack to restore UDE2(basically just reverse the processes listed above). is this possible in UX? and if it is, can some one point me to a good tut or tell me how?

thx

scimitar116

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 09:12:00 AM »

mad.gif

openwindow

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

perhaps no one has an answer. assume then, it's a no.

scimitar116

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 02:02:00 PM »

k. is there any dash that CAN runscripts, then?

openwindow

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »

You could write a python script in XBMC and use that as a dash.

RolfLobker

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »

This is most certainly possible with UnleashX
Also with MXM and Evolution-X (Maybe Avalaunch as well)

I am not going to write this for you though.
For several reasons:

- I do not like this: "hey cmon sum1 please anser!! i need help here!  :angry: "
Quite frankly I don't care wether or not you need help. You are not special to me even though you seem to think so.
 - It's very easy. All you need is a couple of copy commands to move the files.
 - It has been done before. You can look into those scripts and see how it has been done.
 - The script will need to apply to your setup and needs.

I will give you a hint though: read the encluded readme-files to find out how to write a config.xml suited for your needs and browse this forum.

@openwindow:
As I said this is very much possible and very easy in unleashX as well as other dashes.
A python-script would work also but would be way too much unnecessary hassle.

openwindow

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 11:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (RolfLobker @ Oct 26 2004, 11:56 PM)

As I said this is very much possible and very easy in unleashX as well as other dashes.
A python-script would work also but would be way too much unnecessary hassle.

Thanks for the info Rolf. I'll have to look in to this, as it sounds quite cool. Don't blame ya for holding off on the answer.

Cheers.

kurisu

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 06:52:00 AM »

Unleash X uses batch scripts such as these at this thread http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=193803

There are more scripts laying around but thats an actuall collection of some that were made by the UnleashX community.

scimitar116

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

thx kurisu. o and btw open window and rolf, sorry, didnt mean to come off the wrong way... i was just impatient to get back on live.

scimitar116

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »

hey sorry to bother you, but i just wrote 2 scripts one to put on the mod, and one to take it off. before i put them in my config file, tho, could u tell me if they will work? im postin them below.

script 1 (to turn on the mod)

<List Text="Install Mod" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
   <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="OK">!!WARNING!! Going on Xbox Live after installing this mod
 without running the included script 'Xbox Live Mode'
 will result in a ban from the service.
 Also, DONT RE-install this mod without UN-installing it first.
 Doing so will replace your original Xbox dashboard,
 and you will never be able to go on Xbox Live again
 without modifying your xbox even further.
 If you dont want to continue, press the power button on your Xbox RIGHT NOW.
 If you want to continue, press the 'A' button.</Item>
   <Item Action="Move" Arg1="C:\xboxdash.xbe" Arg2="C:\xodash">Backing up xboxdash.xbe.......|Overall=10%|</Item>
   <Item Action="Rename" Arg1="C:\fonts" Arg2="C:\f0nts">Backing up fonts.dir..........|Overall=20%|</Item>
   <Item Action="UnZip" Arg1="E:\UDATA\4d530017\62D648EBF155\UDE2_C_.zip" Arg2="C:\">Copying new files to DriveC...|Overall=65%|</Item>
   <Item Action="Unzip" Arg1="E:\UDATA\4d530017\62D648EBF155\UDE2_E_.zip" Arg2="E:\">Copying new files to DriveE...|Overall=99%|</Item>
   <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="OK">UDE2 Mod installed. Reboot to continue.</Item>
    </List>

and script2 (for turning it off for XBL)

<List Text="Xbox Live Mode" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
   <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="OK">!!WARNING!! After running this script, you will be able to go on
 Xbox Live, but the UDE2 mod will be uninstalled.
 Also remember that if you added any files or folders to drive C or to the root of drive E,
 you must either delete them, move them into a savegame dir in E,
 or move them into the F or G drive(if you upgraded your harddrive)
 To continue using the mod, (and delete any games\apps\files\folders you personally added)
 press the power button on your Xbox NOW.
 If you want to play live games, or just dont want the mod on anymore,
 press the 'A' button. If you continue,
 DONT TURN OFF THE POWER UNTIL IT FINISHES!</Item>
   <Item Action="Delete" Arg1="C:\xboxdash.xbe">Removing xboxdash.xbe............|Overall=10%|</Item>
   <Item Action="Delete" Arg1="C:\fonts">Removing fonts.dir...............|Overall=20%|</Item>
   <Item Action="Rename" Arg1="C:\f0nts" Arg2="C:\fonts">Restoring fonts.dir..............|Overall=30%|</Item>
   <Item Action="Delete" Arg1="E:\default.xbe">Removing mod files from DriveE...|Overall=40%|</Item>
   <Item Action="Delete" Arg1="E:\EVOX_M8_BFM.bin">Removing mod files from DriveE...|Overall=50%|</Item>
   <Item Action="Delete" Arg1="E:\boot.cfg">Removing mod files from DriveE...|Overall=60%|</Item>
   <Item Action="Format" Arg1="X">Formatting cache drive X.........|Overall=70%|</Item>
   <Item Action="Format" Arg1="Y">Formatting cache drive Y.........|Overall=80%|</Item>
   <Item Action="Format" Arg1="Z">Formatting cache drive Z.........|Overall=90%|</Item>
   <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="OK">UDE2 Mod Un-installed. Reboot to continue.</Item>
    </List>

openwindow

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

No worries. Sorry couldn't help you out. Looks like some good scripting down there tho!

scimitar116

• Archived User
Scripts
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

cool.gif