xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mp3 Player?  (Read 403 times)

MartyMcFly

• Archived User
Mp3 Player?
« on: October 23, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

Im new to this UnleashX  thing so bear with me...
Is there a mp3 player in it?  Or do you have to go and get one from Mirc?  I tried to install WinUx that came with it and i did get one song to play over and over again.  Couldnt figure out how to get it to play a second different song.  Thats why I want to know if there is a MP3 player thats either good or works well with unleash...Thanks
Oh yeah...I tried to do a search for mp3 but the stupid search feature wont even search for words with only 3 letters...

This post has been edited by MartyMcFly on Oct 23 2004, 09:43 PM

MartyMcFly

• Archived User
Mp3 Player?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

Also Does FTP work with Unleash?  I tried to get it to work last night but couldnt get it to hook up.  If I could find a decent simple mp3 player and get the FTP to work I would be in Unleash Heaven...

MartyMcFly

• Archived User
Mp3 Player?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »

Yes...It FTP's.  Thats another plus to this dash...
Now i just need some recomendations for mp3 players...

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Mp3 Player?
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (MartyMcFly @ Oct 24 2004, 03:15 AM)
Yes...It FTP's.  Thats another plus to this dash...
Now i just need some recomendations for mp3 players...

Xbmc perhaps?? There is a built in background mp3 player in UnleashX. Goto System and then Settings and then Sound and Audio and then set the default directory for where you want the music to be played from. The mp3 playback is still rough though and you may hear skips. UnleashX is working on it.  ;)

MartyMcFly

• Archived User
Mp3 Player?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

Jonathan...
Yes I do know about XBMC but isnt that alot of functionality for an mp3 player?  I would prefer a strait mp3 player and dont want all the extra stuff that comes with xbmc or xbmp...
I have tried that in dash mp3 player.  I think it was winUX or unleashUX.  But it would only play one song.  The first on in the list.  And it gave me no control over what song or the ability to skip forward...

Kthulu

• Archived User
Mp3 Player?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »

marty,
mp3 playing (or wma for that matter) works like this (in UnleashX)...

1. create a folder on your E or F drive. (E:\music)
2. put whatever mp3 and wma file you want played in that directory.  you can even have them in sub-directories, but not a good idea to get any deeper.

good example of the logical layout:
E:\music
E:\music\playlist1
E:\music\playlist1\song1.mp3
E:\music\playlist1\song2.mp3
E:\music\playlist1\song3.mp3
E:\music\playlist2
E:\music\playlist2\song1.mp3
E:\music\playlist2\song2.mp3
E:\music\playlist2\song3.mp3

3.  once you have your files in place, goto System, Settings, Sound and Audio and point it to the E:\music directory and reboot.  then you should be able to switch songs by holding down the White button and pressing left or right on the Dpad.  if you are currently playing from the \playlist1\ directory and want to switch to the playlist2 directory, hold down the White button and press up or down on the Dpad.

NOTE: you can add more mp3/wma to these directories, but UX will not see/play them until after you reboot.  if you want to delete some the songs, you have to re-point UX to another directory, reboot, then delete them, then re-point the directory back and reboot.  of course, in the scenario above, if you were playing playlist1 and playlist2, but only wanted to play playlist1, you could just point to playlist1 (instead of E:\music) and then reboot.

This post has been edited by Kthulu on Oct 25 2004, 04:52 AM