xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wtb Xbox Dreamx 1480  (Read 374 times)

masterj187

• Archived User
Wtb Xbox Dreamx 1480
« on: February 25, 2013, 12:47:00 AM »

Hi all,

I'm still looking long and hard for the Friendtech Xbox Dreamx 1480 version:) Does anybody know anybody that would like to sell there's???? Very interested in one;)

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
Wtb Xbox Dreamx 1480
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »

I know someone with a dreamx. His name is 'thesamarchy'. You could ask him. I believed I fixed a "D0" point on his dreamx a while back. I don't know if he's selling it. It was pretty awesome when I had my hands on it. lol.

masterj187

• Archived User
Wtb Xbox Dreamx 1480
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »

Ok thanks dude Ill try contacting him:)

masterj187

• Archived User
Wtb Xbox Dreamx 1480
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »

I tried contacting the guy and no response so either he sold it or he doesn't want to sell:( Anybody have one for sale really looking for one:)

weinerschnitzel

• Archived User
Wtb Xbox Dreamx 1480
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 05:13:00 AM »

masterj187

• Archived User
Wtb Xbox Dreamx 1480
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 01:48:00 PM »

Hey thanks for the reply, but that website has been dead for years:( I contacted gametron back in 2008 and the guy told me they no longer sell the dreamx and there website was no longer open for business!! I dont know why the site is still up!! You notice all there game consoles are all old no ps3 or xbox 360 stuff!!! Thanks for the help!! Anybody else:)

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Wtb Xbox Dreamx 1480
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »

Good luck trying to find one.  These are about as hard to find as virgin at an orgy.

My personal experience over the years might be helpful.  I owned 3 of these since friendtech released them.

I had friendtech build me one 1480 processor and 128 mb of ram when i mailed in my system.
There is currently a guy named TRUSTY who still does them but has been dark as of late, perhaps he might come back soon.  I hope so.  HE would have a few more customers if he did.  Keep an eye out for him.

Times got tough and I eBayed it around 2005 for about $900 to the UK.

Then I found another one on here and ended up getting scammed for $360 cash from "CODAGODLYONE"

Then I ended up finding a real one a few months later.  Ended up paying about $500 for it.

I didn't like that one, seem overused and abused and modded beyond the original designer.

Sold that one for $700 on eBay to Germany (seeing a trend here??)  - I am a us seller.

Went on the hunt for another one 2007 or so.

Then "PERPLEXOR" (pretty well known on this forum) decided to sell me his (he was saving for a house I think) But It wasn't cheap 500 or 600 bux I forget.

In 2009 I needed cash again and posted it on here (not eBay) and someone from one state away (Michigan) contacted me and we both drove 200 miles each to meet at a pizza place in fort wayne IN to sell him my system.  He paid $1000 for it.  It was that rare and hard to find by then (remember this was original friendtech, had the original box and everything).

Since then I have not seen a REAL friendtech on here for sale that was not a scam.

Trusty has a great alternative product if you can get a hold of him.  128 MB ram box's are frequent. ANd even the low end frinedtech (blue/purple skinned) box's pop up on here and eBay, but I have not seen a real red skinned friendtech system (1480mhz/128ram) pop up for sale.  Even the 128 MB only systems with X3 chips sell for $300+ still in 2013 (there was an auction a few months back JAN that went for almost 380).

I know there are some inactive users here that have one or two in their collection. Gonna be hard to get them to respond since they have not logged on in years.  But users tend to be the same across other internet sites.  Do some googling.  Find a thread of a collector who has one he is showing off and not sold or in a BST and then try to find his user name (users like the use the same names/handles across other forums) and see if you can find them active there.  Once you think you found a user who is the same person and is active elsewhere, join or PM or Email that person and see if you can interest them to sell you one.  That is only way to actively pursue finding one, waiting for someone who owns a friendtechg system to find this thread is slim to none.

jaygriggs

• Archived User
Wtb Xbox Dreamx 1480
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »

Anyone know where to find a 128mb ram xbox nowadays?
Cheers

masterj187

• Archived User
Wtb Xbox Dreamx 1480
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »

You can try contacting trusty here he does them. As far as finding one there tough to find bro!! I have 3 xbox dreamx systems and they were tough as heck to find!!