xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium  (Read 310 times)

tbb033

• Archived User
Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium
« on: February 17, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »

Sorry, but that just looks bad to me. You can barely see the fish with the way the big X blocks the biggest side of the tank, and with all the bright colorful paintjobs it doesn't even really say "xbox" anymore either.

pcguy760

• Archived User
Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »

I have to agree with ^ - definately...

Mr.Slim

• Archived User
Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »

I Could Make a Super better looking One,,,if anyone wants to try me,,lol Pay Me and Watch.
but that xbox case is too small for any FISH in the 1st place. kinda mean for the animal

but Kinda Cool way to recycle an xbox for sure

wink.gif

Woodpeckah

• Archived User
Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »

Well....an aquarium is certainly the last thing that comes to my mind when thinking of an Xbox....

BUT!!!!
before you people deem the Xquarium a failure:

Ever thought of putting a modified Xbox in there and instead of water, use mineral oil to cool all the components???
People have been doing this to PCs for years and have gotten really good results in terms of noise and cooling performance! And how sweet would it be to have an Xbox that is actually close to being dead silent without having to invest in fancy, expensive cooling solutions?
Sure, you'd have to ditch the optical disc drive and figure out how to build in the HDD and controller ports, but if you have the skills to build an aquarium out of an Xbox, this shouldn't really be too much of a problem. Put some fancy LEDs in that sucker, lose the bright paintjobs (just go with black or some 2-colour combinations) and BAM instant nerdgasm.
Pardon me, If I'm exaggerating, but I would hate to see this project fail. And trust me, I'd pay real money for a working oil-cooled Xbox.

I don't want to make your work look bad, but you're wasting so much potential with it being just an aquarium. Also, the audience for an Xbox-themed aquarium is in my opinion, extremely limited. An oil-cooled, LED-modded, silent Xbox, on the other hand, sounds legitimately exciting!

Sorry for the incoherent ramblings, make what you want of it  pop.gif

Mr.Slim

• Archived User
Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »

Exactly,,,A Mineral Oil Xbox,I was Making one like 2 years ago,,then Left it alone,but should have Finished it,,Like the Mineral OIL Computers You see,,I would Make you One Woodepeckah If You Pay me Good Money for it.
Lots Of Work and cutting plexi glass and xbox cases all day. A real Long project.

Now to The original Guys Post,,Im Sure someone Would Like One for There FISH,,its a Cool looking Display if your an Xbox Fan,,,But I think You Should Make them a bit Bigger for sure.  Wide and tall Edition.

boffingham

• Archived User
Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »

Here is a picture of the black Xquarium

IPB Image

boffingham

• Archived User
Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »

Here is a pic of the HALO edition I made. The LED lights look amazing with the decals and white background.

IPB Image

IPB Image

doobie123

• Archived User
Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »

Here is the newest version of the Xquarium. Better design with a custom background.

IPB Image

IPB Image

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 02:06:00 AM »

if it was cheaper I would buy one for my office.. but I think it's a bit too pricey.
Would be cool if they offered other consoles too....

bucko

• Recovered User
Xbox Aquarium - Xquarium
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »

closing as you shouldn't be linking to other sites.

http://forums.xbox-s...owtopic=373068#