xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ux Wont Load  (Read 435 times)

SICKdimension

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« on: October 17, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

My friend said he messed with some settings, and now unleashx won't load, so I looked it over, and ended up formatting every partition except F, because I wanted to leave the games/movies there. I did a fresh install of MS files and UnleashX, and it still doesn't load. What could cause this?

I ended up putting evox on there, because avalaunch wouldn't work either. Any ideas? Does it look in F for stuff?

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 03:43:00 AM »

well i have read that some programs (apps) have a compability issue with unleashx. try moving or removing all or some of the apps and see if it will load up then. if not, try to downlaod the lastest version again, and install that.

SICKdimension

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 05:39:00 AM »

You think the apps would change it? I did download a fresh copy, and formatted all but F, and installed that copy. Strange thing is I installed a fresh copy of avalaunch as well, and when it boots, it freezes, just like before I formatted.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 06:26:00 AM »

yes well it definitly sounds very wierd. must be a technical thing.
id still say it could be one of teh apps, i have read a few threads in the past when an applicaion has made unleashx do some weird things.
as i said before, just try and move some or all of the apps,a nd see if it will boot up. if it does, then its a process of elimination to see which one it is thats causing it.

if its not an applicaion, its definitly a weird thing. might be something like a bios. id say its software, not hardware causing it, so that limits what it could be.

just keep trying new things and see where that leads you

SoDoRo

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

Applications won't cause the dash fail to boot.

Wrong installation perhaps?

You can't expect anyone to help you with so little info on how you install the dash.

Gh3ttoRoM3o

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 09:43:00 AM »

ini the .xml turn off reading of the F drive, and see if it'll load up still. If not it's your install.

SICKdimension

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

That's a good idea, to turn of F. Too bad he's in another city now. I'm absolutely sure it's not the install though.

openwindow

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

Is the bios looking for a different XBE? I had this problem once where the bios was looking for some weird ass named xbe. Try reflashing the chip.

Also, see if you can boot with Ux on a CD, then try launching the xbe on the Hard Drive. That might help narrow down what the issue is. Sorry never seen this problem before so I don't really know what to tell you. Good luck.

badmonkey

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

Does it boot at all?

Earlier today I was changing the font for my menu, and I picked a font that was too big for the height setting I had. It booted to a blank screen, but I could here the background white noise going on.

Used a boot disc, edited the menu height setting, and it booted up no probs.

vvill

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »

i think im having the same problem but when i deleted the Config.xml it seems to work than i edit it and ux doesn't boot so i have to use the unedited version of config.xml so im guessing its a bug

SICKdimension

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »

The bios is not looking for a different xbe, as it is the same bios, and same setup as my own box. It is a freshly downloaded, unedited version of Unleash. It boots to a blank screen, and shows no audio or video.

Like I think I mentioned (or maybe not) Avalaunch also has problems. It freezes on boot, just like he said it did after he 'changed some stuff'. I was able to boot to an avalaunch boot disk, but never tried a UX disk.

He said he accessed the gamesave manager, and deleted some stuff he didn't recognize. He also I think went into E and deleted some random stuff. I figured a clean format/install would fix it, but still had the same problems. EvoX works though! So he's gonna have to stick with that. I'm curious if I format the entire HD, if it would still have problems, because it seems that way.  :blink:

Thanks for the help everyone!

badmonkey

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »

The Avalaunch freezing on boot, may be unrelated to the UnleashX prob.

Avalaunch was freezing for myself and others on bootup, because for some reason the boot options have 720p & 1080i enabled by default.

If you ever manage to get it booted up, change those to disabled, and it should start booting fine.

Though... Now that I have become familiar with UnleashX, I would certainly hope you can manage to get it working. I would hate to have to go back to using Avalaunch again. :)

arcticblue

• Archived User
Ux Wont Load
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

I ran into this problem as well.  It happened using PBL and I had the same problem with UnleashX.  What worked for me was to make sure that the config files had write permissions.  As soon as I gave write permissions, it started working.