xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Games And Apps Wont Load  (Read 512 times)

TKNice

• Archived User
Games And Apps Wont Load
« on: August 08, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

Hey, love the dashboard!  I needed an alternative to Evox and this looks like it.  I am having problems however with loading apps and games.  When I select a game to play or app to load, it displays the loading screen for a moment and then returns back to the dashboard.  What is causing this?

GoldStar

• Archived User
Games And Apps Wont Load
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

I'm not sure.. but when I try to load up my original ms dashboard it says loading..then UX pops back up..My hard drive is defiantly screwed and I always thought that was the problem.  Use the format option to format your C AND E drives.  That fixed it for me (althought I still cant launch orig ms dash for some reason)

<List Text="Format C Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True"
               <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive C?</Item>
               <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Format">Press OK to proceed with the format operation.</Item>
               <Item Action="Format" Arg1="C">Format C Drive</Item>
            </List>

if you need a batch to format your C:\ partition

gualber98

• Archived User
Games And Apps Wont Load
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

check your config.xml and make sure the name of the apps and games folder matches to what you have in your hardrive.
As for you goldstar the reason that your msdash is not launching is probally because the name of the msdash on your config.xml doesn't match to the name of the msdash on the c folder. :ph34r: