xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Unleashx V0.36.0620a Build 499  (Read 4565 times)

spidy

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.36.0620a Build 499
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2004, 05:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (xenith57 @ Jul 23 2004, 01:29 AM)
I'm not really sure if this is the problem that people are having with the emu/apps folder, but I'll give you my experience and fix and hope it help a few of you out there..

Problem:
1) Load up UnleashX (Any skin that displays those thumnails for the games/apps)
2) go to the games menu
3) Freeze (most of the times)

This freezing started happening when I added FBAX to the games folder on my HDD..

After doing some minor testing, and using different skins, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't handeling the loading of that thumbnail, and that the thumbnail is probably corrupt, or something to that nature.

ftp'ing to the xbox, I did some digging, found out where the thumbnail was stored (E:/udata/######/titleimage.xbx)  -  (###### being those funky folders for all the apps)

What I did was I copied the titleimage.xbx from a different folder (ie the one for dvdx2) and pasted it into the folder of said "corrupt" titleimage.xbx (thereby over writiting it).

After doing that, I launched UnleashX up again, went to the games menu, and no more crashing. (mind you my FBAX thumbnail showed the dvdx2 thumnail.. but that's ok.)

reason for ftp'ing to the xbox even though in UnleashX you have the option to point to the thumnail file of choice, is because it was not an option to do it in UnleashX as selecting the program in the list would freeze up the xbox.

So don't know if that help / effects anyone.. but hopefully it does, cause it was a pain... but.. I didn't want to switch to a different dash!  beerchug.gif

Thanks man ! You´ve just solved my apps freeze  problem !

xenith57

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2004, 06:05:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

nimbles

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »

unsure.gif

tdk337

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

Thanks guys! My UX has been freezing for a while as well. I've been loading apps manually from the File Explorer.

GoldStar

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

I've had problems with almost every aspect of UX.  so I deleted everything off C and E drives using the ftp and booted from a UX cd, I then formatted C and E.  I later put UX back on to the drive and uploaded Sounds and Fonts folder from a back up archive.  UnleashX works like a charm.  I currently have UX named as xboxdash.xbe so I dont use the xodash or xboxdashdata.xxxxxx folders anymore .. It seems that UX appears instantly if there is no data on C: (maybe it takes a long time to load sounds/pictures?) -- I would recommend backing up and reformatting for anyone who is having trouble.

here's my batch script for formatting C:

<List Text="Format C Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive C?</Item>
<Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Format">Press OK to proceed with the format operation.</Item>
<Item Action="Format" Arg1="C" >Format C Drive</Item>
</List>

GoldStar

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

I've reformatted once again and now UnleashX lags when I select a menu item, I'm not sure what is causing this but there's something wrong.  It seems to me after deleting my old config.xml and letting UnleashX generate its own xml file that somewhere it says "true" instead of "yes" or vice-versa.  That might cause a problem somewhere along the way.  Also when I add a password to several batch scripts and change several settings, UnleashX will not load XBE's anymore..it just freezes.

Edit:

Excessive lagging was due to corrupt audio folder.  That'll do it I suppose.

snake3k1

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

BUG:

IF u put a passcode on a menu item, lets say evox, and then u select, it prompts u fpr the passcode, and u enter it correctly. great no prob. but then say u shutdown and later turn on the xbox, if u go the the recent list (hit X) it lets u select that passcoded item and launches it w/o askin for the passcode

Sainticus Supreme

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

HCl

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2004, 04:32:00 AM »

Hey, i seem to be having a bug in the latest release regarding passcodes,
when i enter a passcoded submenu the first time after a bootup, it correctly asks
for the passcode, however, if i've entered it correctly once, then leave the submenu, then try to re-enter it again, it doesn't ask for the passcode anymore,
but just allows me in.

It doesn't happen for passwords, if i set a password on it instead of a passcode,
it works correctly.

Can anyone confirm this / Can this get fixed in the next release?

Sainticus Supreme

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2004, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Aug 12 2004, 07:11 AM)
Passwords and passcodes should be cached, like when you access a network drive, it only ask for the password once. Maybe, I'll add an option to allow caching of password/code.

Ok well that's all good, but what about the answer to my question? No one has bothered to even reply to this question and it has been posted on 5 forums, any help would be appreciated!

unleashx

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

Your question as to why your screen gets glithy, scrolls and all that stuff? Your TV doesn't support PAL signal. Turn off Auto-Video mode switching.

Sainticus Supreme

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

SUBLOGIC

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2004, 10:06:00 AM »

another bug...

Most mp3's wont play or get detected in unleash as BGMat all.
1 reason i found is that if the mp3 has ID3 tags in both versions (there are 2 versions if ID3) it wont play.
2 it seems that if you have too many spaces in the file names, they wont play either.

I removed ALL ID3 tags (and spaces and other charactors) from 5 mp3 files as a test and still only 2 played. Change of mp3 decoder might fix the job. Same goes for XMBC. It will only read version 1 ID3 tagged mp3s

As for the "." in the file names of mp3's and searching/random, Use a "length"  statement to only look for the last 3 or 4 charactors of the filenames... "mp3" or ".mp3" and check for a match to a search.

Also.. the bug fix for launching a application before the BGM starts does still exist but it only happens with XBMC for me.

Scrolling down too far and fast when in the list for downloading skins, some times hides the selection bar and does not  reapear yet the list still scrolls on the screen and you cant see what your selecting unless you exit and re-enter download manager. this happens even if you have perview turned on or off.

But thats about it.....once again ...excellent job and love it!!!!!!

shadow420man

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

Can someone tell me some of the options this dash has built in. can it rip games to hard drive, play movies etc...also what bios to use

Sainticus Supreme

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

^sigh^
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9