xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Uix With Softmod  (Read 1002 times)

RooR

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« on: July 23, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

I softmodded my friends xbox, and tried to install UIX as another dash for him to go to. I used Krayzie's Splinter Cell uxe install on his 1.1 version xbox. For some reason whenever i try and go to UIX it freezes. I had it set-up both as uix.xbe and default.xbe, but had no luck. I use it on my xbox v 1.0 with x2 5035 bios and it works great. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks for releasing such a good dash, i cant wait until 2.0 comes out.

RooR

sameatshamhaha

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 03:15:00 AM »

Make sure you use the .xbe file that supports most bios's

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »

I installed UIX onto 2 xbox's today. Using krazies UXE v2.8 SC version.

Xbox's were version 1.5 and 1.6 and both are working fine.

I transfered it straight from my xbox [ v1.0 ]  to thiers using avalaunch and i had no problems. Make sure that everything is being copied over [ Fonts and .xip s ] and make sure that your using the fixed .xbe as it was not booting without the fixed .xbe on these xbox's

Also iit may take a min to boot up as it is adding programs to the cache and caching itself.

If all else fails re-download UIX and install it fresh to that xbox. Or just talk to someone in #teamUIX in IRC

Odb718

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 03:47:00 AM »

For the people who use soft mods, UIX v2.0 will work perfect on any softmod. Not that it matters to you right now but the small problems have been taken care of a while ago.

PsylentGlo

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »

Did you forget the font and audio folders?? :D

anima322

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 06:11:00 AM »

but theres one big problem with my softmodded xbox!

after the bootvideo sequence there are graphic-errors just 2 or 3 seconds before uix is loaded!

why is that ? i ve got a 1.6 xbox with 007 ltools ;)

Cartman117

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »

That is a problem with the cache. Just go to the MS dash and delete the UIX Saves and reboot UIX and it will load up fine.

anima322

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »

jeah man but that was not it!

i deleted the saves of UIX but then, after the next reboot it tooks the xbox half a minute to load uix and after that the graphic-errors came again!

and there had been a second problem too!

sometimes if i switch to "HARD DISK --> DASHBOARDS or APPLICATIONS" my xbox restarts automatically! i think UIX is not very stable yet!

:(

so i ll have to go back to my unleash x ;) but i am going to try some other dashes today :D

thx ;)

:P and if someone knows something about my problem ;) just post.. maybe i am going to reinstall UIX ;) thx

Cartman117

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »

Sounds like the skin your usin is Messed up. Switch to a Preset Like Blue or Orange or Yellow. Then try it. And UIX is VERY STABLE.

anima322

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »

i use BLUE CUBEWALL !

... does another skin solve the "restarting" problem ? or both problems ? i mean.. the graphic-error problem too ?

seams not.. cause the prob came again BUT the green skin was loaded after that.. and not the cubewall!

and another thing.. both saves ... in the saves manager are named: "defect"
the one was not bigger than 20 kb but the second one was nearly 9 mb big!
i deleted them ;) .. i dont think^^ that the graphic-errors will be solved ^^ after that

This post has been edited by anima322: Sep 25 2005, 07:54 PM

anima322

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

i was right....

with every skin.. the problem comes.. both problems i mean ;(

graphic-errors and shutting down problem :(

Cartman117

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »

UIX does those problems sometimes when you are Extreamly short on space. Make sure you have at least 200mbs Where ever UIX is stored.

Odb718

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

Either that or his uix.ini isn't set up properly.
If you try to enter a hdd menu and it reboots it usually means it's looking for a folder that isn't there. Check and make sure the spelling of the actual folder matches what the dash is looking for. As for the graphic errors, if you mean like a quick flash of white and other color lines on a black bg and then the dash boots... thats normal for almost anything. It's basically the TV switching the video signals. There wouldn't be a way around it.

anima322

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

oh :D your both explainations seem to be right, cause I DO ONLY HAVE 200mb of free space on my hdd :D

i will try it again, and i will look for the uix.ini :) and after that, i will tell you what happens after startig again :)

so theres a small video :D of the so called^^ "after boot problem"

Video, 2mb, bootproblem

just klick on FREE .. ;) scroll down a little bit and u find it .. and then you ll find the BIG DOWNLOAD LINK after 30 seconds (download ticket^^ )

and then you ll see my prob (sorry but i am austrian and thats why the download page of my video is in german^^)

This post has been edited by anima322: Sep 26 2005, 06:08 PM

Odb718

• Archived User
Uix With Softmod
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »

Dude that has to be your bios fucking up. The white lines are actually the "MS" that should be at the bottom of the screen. If it's only doing that when you have UIX as the main dash I dont know what to tell ya. That'd be something for JbOnE.