xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: U.i.x Version 00.01.00 Bug Reports  (Read 945 times)

'iCeCooL'

• Archived User
U.i.x Version 00.01.00 Bug Reports
« on: January 03, 2005, 01:07:00 AM »

Only post bugs u have found for u.i.x version 00.01.00 here.. before posting make sure you have read the readme included in the release and not duplicated a already known bug.

Thanx teamuix

This post has been edited by 'iCeCooL': Jan 3 2005, 01:22 PM

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »

i think i found one:  When your in the network tab under System, after you change the IP or any of that stuff and hit B to go back to the System submenu, it tells you "Settings will not tak effect until you restart the dash. would you like to restart now"? and if you select "yes" is just brings you back to the network tab and does not restart the dash, and if just keeps doing that if you hit B and select yes, but if you select No, it brings you back to the system menu.

JbOnE

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 01:55:00 AM »

good find...
here's the fix...

default.xip/settings.xap : line 3060

function DoRestart()
{
     theConfig.ReStartDash( "DASH");
}

change it to...

function DoRestart()
{
     theConfig.ReStartDash();
}

this fix along with several others will be available asap as an update. also fixed in xbe was titles on g partition not listing, apparently no beta testers had a g partition hehe. not to worry that is now fixed and fully working. look for an official update in the next day or so, or hit irc to find me to get one sooner ;)

tip: the in dash color changing is something that it was never meant to do, basically what's called a programming 'hack fix', forcing something to do something it doesn't want to do. it was meant to allow previewing skin color changes in real time instead of having to constantly reboot to see effects. it will do this just fine and handle the memory load until you restart the dash, but going all willy nilly (no clue where i pulled that expression from) and flying up and down the skin menu repeatedly will eventually overload the memory holding the materials and your dash will 'disappear'. don't go bonkers in the skin menu and use the restart dash option after finding a skin color you like and everything will work out just fine :)

pEAcE
JbOnE

This post has been edited by JbOnE: Jan 3 2005, 11:01 AM

cantelo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 03:13:00 AM »

hey
      bug.. cannot delete a title.

eg.  Hdd - games - game - launch or delete title.
                                                                             :)

dmendez04

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 04:17:00 AM »

Notes:
      in the titles save dir to read text from and display that text in the meta panel below. Just an idea :)
      Playlist Player\Editor in music menu is not in this release, that will be our first update as well
      as the inevitable bug fixes found from finally being publicly used.

xoce77

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 05:35:00 AM »

remote is not working in dash,in dvd mode nav butons is not working. <_<

cantelo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 05:36:00 AM »

--
   If UIX is set as your dashboard and you have a test UIX in Apps (like i do).
    you cannot open 'Test UIX' direct from 'Dashboard UIX'. A box opens and says cannot recognise disc..
      :)

shank-

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 05:41:00 AM »

if you insert a dvd then click no to the load prompt the sound that happens when you move between tabs dissapears

also if u goto settings menu whilst dvd is in play and press eject on keypad the dashboard reboots

coltxL2717

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 06:04:00 AM »

I was playing with the tabs in an effort to get UIX to look as much as tHc as possible.  So i added a new tab to the main menu and made it point to the memory menu. The tab works, but when i push B it goes in to the settings menu.  The memory manager tab is highlighted and i have to push B again.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2005, 06:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(xoce77 @ Jan 3 2005, 11:59 PM)
remote is not working in dash,in dvd mode nav butons is not working. <_<

I get this too maybe a side effect of dongle free dvd player??

bigfoot53

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2005, 07:22:00 AM »

:)  UIX looks coolI have a few questuions

1 will it work with the new UXE ?

2  Can i get to the clock and saved games ?

thanks
 :uhh:

The Axledental DJ

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »

UIX.xbe not in 480P progressive scan, so I progpatcher patched it. But,
each time it loads up, cachin stuff, I hear the HDD alot, it reboots back to my original THX dash on my Xbox V1.0, Xecutor 2 Pro,  4981 Bios. 120GB HDD, I also removed the uix.ini in the system folder and UIX Dash did load up, weird colors, but if I press A, the Dash exits/reboots. So, its not working right at all on my xbox.