xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bug Reports: Craxtion With Mxm  (Read 2802 times)

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Bug Reports: Craxtion With Mxm
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2003, 02:36:00 PM »

update to version 2.0 beta 2 - it should solve this problem.

Note, MenuX work 95% of the time.  It is the 5% people complain about.

Good Luck and Keep Testing

LepPpeR

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2003, 02:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ May 6 2003, 06:36 PM)
update to version 2.0 beta 2 - it should solve this problem.

Note, MenuX work 95% of the time.  It is the 5% people complain about.

Good Luck and Keep Testing

LepPpeR

sorry, i have to ask, when you say update to beta 2, what problem are you referring to it solving?

I just ask because when you said it, earlier up the thread, I updated. I am going to give it another go.

What exactly causes menux to fail?

thanks.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2003, 07:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ May 6 2003, 07:32 PM)
Nobody's sure what makes MenuX fail.

I've tried figuring it out, but to no avail. Certain combinations just cause it to screw up.

That's the problem with hacked apps.... there's no source to fix them when they are buggy.

i went back and did some reading and came across this on a google search:

---------------------

Media X Menu Version 0.9h Beta posted by Iriez on 03/02/03

Beta 0.9h
* MenuX Compatibility - MXM's default.xbe can be dropped in as a direct replacement
for the MenuX app... it will use the XDI file to configure the games, and also use the
PNGs and sounds from the MenuX media directory as a 'skin', unless another skin is loaded
(If 'real' MXM skins are available, the MenuX 'skin' will be randomly selected with the
other choices).
Was broken on 0.9g - That's what I get for not testing completely!! I am very sorry, while
I could rattle off a slew of excuses, it doesn't change the fact that I screwed up.

----------------

and if that is the case, cant i just build the menux iso as usual, but before burning, open the iso and put your xbe file in it instead of the menux default.xbe? I think so, I read your documentation.

To me, it would seem like a good idea then, to have an option in craxtion, to use "menux style menu" as an option for multigame disc, and have it use all the files necessary as usual (xdi, png files etc) but then use mxm's default.xbe file.

does this make sense?  huh.gif

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2003, 07:38:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Maybe this thread will help anyone else with a similar issue.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »

i probably shouldnt waste the time to post this, but my gf told me (I burned the disc on my lunch break) that when she put it in, it showed the matrix-esque intro (just the scrolling w/ "media x menu") and then went to a black screen (no bg as she tells me) with the screen shots on the right, and text listing of the games on the left.

apparantly, my idea didnt work yet...(using mxm to load a menux theme)

I used craxtion to make the iso with menux and the "kojak" theme, then extracted the iso, copied the mxm xbe file over the default.xbe file, and recreated an iso.

so, I will have more details once I get a chance to test the game loading (which I dont think will have problems)...I still wonder why the theme didnt work...

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »

I advise people, when using craxtion to stick with MXM only themes.  I am aware of bugs with the themes (mix and match) so I try to stick with MXM only.  Right now the default skin for craxtion MXM is the Matrix so yes, it does seem like it failed to load the background.

LepPpeR

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ May 7 2003, 05:30 PM)
I advise people, when using craxtion to stick with MXM only themes.  I am aware of bugs with the themes (mix and match) so I try to stick with MXM only.  Right now the default skin for craxtion MXM is the Matrix so yes, it does seem like it failed to load the background.

LepPpeR

Hey!

It was a media problem, I have been using an rw a few too many times it seems.

THIS METHOD WORKS GREAT!

you CAN in fact use a menux theme.

is it possible lepper to do as I proposed above? TOTALLY scrap the MenuX xbe file that is placed into the iso, and use the MXM one instead? I propose that to make a mulitgame disc, you can click "menu-x" style, and then use one of the themes that are available for it, and when craxtion creates the iso, have it insert the mxm default.xbe in place of the other one.

This method works great...

My new disc (just a dvdr this time, instead of an rw) works perfectly! It boots in about 13 seconds, to the game list, WITH the correct theme. This is immensely helpful. I hope my suggestion might make it into the next version.

Thanks guys!

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2003, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (jz28 @ May 7 2003, 06:02 PM)
QUOTE (LepPpeR @ May 7 2003, 05:30 PM)
I advise people, when using craxtion to stick with MXM only themes.  I am aware of bugs with the themes (mix and match) so I try to stick with MXM only.  Right now the default skin for craxtion MXM is the Matrix so yes, it does seem like it failed to load the background.

LepPpeR

Hey!

It was a media problem, I have been using an rw a few too many times it seems.

THIS METHOD WORKS GREAT!

you CAN in fact use a menux theme.

is it possible lepper to do as I proposed above? TOTALLY scrap the MenuX xbe file that is placed into the iso, and use the MXM one instead? I propose that to make a mulitgame disc, you can click "menu-x" style, and then use one of the themes that are available for it, and when craxtion creates the iso, have it insert the mxm default.xbe in place of the other one.

This method works great...

My new disc (just a dvdr this time, instead of an rw) works perfectly! It boots in about 13 seconds, to the game list, WITH the correct theme. This is immensely helpful. I hope my suggestion might make it into the next version.

Thanks guys!

that is why I ask for them.   wink.gif

I will be suspending work on Craxtion for the next week for College Reason but I will still be here collecting data and feedback from you people.

Thanks again my friend.

LepPeR

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2003, 05:38:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (jz28 @ May 8 2003, 08:38 AM)
I GOT IT!

I dont know why I didnt try this before, but its SO SIMPLE!

after installing craxtion (extracting, whatever), go into the "multifiles" folder and (for backup purposes) rename the default.xbe to default.xbe.menux . After that, copy over Benjeremy's default.xbe from his MXM k version.

Create a multigame iso as usual by using Menu X Disk Wizard.

Everything will work the same. I have verified the iso by extracting it, and it did infact use the MXM xbe file.

I dont know why I didnt see this before...

Hopefully this will help someone else out there....

Thanks for the great tools guys!

biggrin.gif

and everything works fine and what not.  what skin does it use?

LepPpeR

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »

because you are essentially still using "menu-x" it uses whatever one you choose in the menux theme settings. The only thing that changes is the default.xbe...and that is the one from media x menu.

After I did some research and saw that Benjeremy said they were interchangable from menux's stand point, I decided to play around.

seems to work just fine!

I like kojak for some reason, probably because of its simplicity...although I really like the "xbox3" theme, but stuff doesnt line up properly...

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »

Benjeremy,

I initially tried it with menu x, the "xbox3" theme...I talk about these themes because when you open craxtion there is a themes list beside tools and updates in the file menu...

I downloaded some from the list and the few I liked were simple...I am not sure if it is the one in jsrf/sega gt or not, since I dont have that disc.

I think you can preview them inside of craxtion though. Take a look...

The theme called Kojak lines up PERFECTLY though, yet it is very simple, but I likey.

It may be a fault of the skin designer, as I doubt it is your mistake.

bbagnall

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2003, 07:08:00 PM »

I've got 2 semi-bugs to report for Craxtion 2.0 beta 2 with MXM 0.9k:

1. When selecting the folder with Harry Potter, it said it could not find a valid default.xbe file. I think what caused this message was the huge number of files in the Harry Potter root directory.

2. Once Craxtion made the .ISO, I went to Nero to burn it and it said the specified block size did not match size of the file. (Correct/Ignore) I chose ignore, and it burnt fine.

So in the end, the whole multifile DVD worked great anyway, including Harry Potter.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2003, 07:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (bbagnall @ May 8 2003, 10:08 PM)
I've got 2 semi-bugs to report for Craxtion 2.0 beta 2 with MXM 0.9k:

1. When selecting the folder with Harry Potter, it said it could not find a valid default.xbe file. I think what caused this message was the huge number of files in the Harry Potter root directory.

2. Once Craxtion made the .ISO, I went to Nero to burn it and it said the specified block size did not match size of the file. (Correct/Ignore) I chose ignore, and it burnt fine.

So in the end, the whole multifile DVD worked great anyway, including Harry Potter.

Most likely, one aspect that I know that I have to fix is that a valid default.xbe will be rejected by craxtion.  This happens rarely and I believe that Harry Pothead was one of the games.

I am glad that it worked great.  I do not know what the invalid block ## was all about But I am glad that you did not have any problems running it for making coasters suck.

Enjoy

LepPpeR

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2003, 02:59:00 PM »

Well.. it's been awhile since I posted any testing results using CRAXTION...

Recently.. I starting using CRAXTION 2 Beta2 with MXM included.  I made a single multgame disk using multi in MXM / GDF mode.

The disk worked flawless.. but the endless movie clips.. and all the MATRIX stuff didn't appeal to me.

I also prefer my OWN skins.. (a download option from CRAXTION THEMES BTW) so I dropped MXM in as a replacement for the MENUX.

Many.. this was sweet.  40 Disks burned.. average 2-4 games per disk.. and the menu functions fine.  No more of the MENUX bugs that caused 1-5 to 1-8 disks having a single title that would run via menu under the MENUX.

I'd like to congratulate LEPPPER for his continue success and hard work on CRAXTION.. and to BENJ for a sweet MENU system. (sorry I don't dig all the low quality flics)

Keep up the good work guys.

---

Since this is a bug report section... I noticed that the transition from the MENU SCREEN to the LOAD SCREEN is SO and not so clean a transition.. while using MXM as a drop in.  Under older MENUX the transition was clean and fast.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4