xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Bug Reports: Craxtion With Mxm  (Read 2803 times)

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Bug Reports: Craxtion With Mxm
« on: May 05, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »

****Please Pin This Post****

QUESTIONS OR COMMENT:  [email protected]

I will be releasing Craxtion Version 2.0 w/MXM in the next couple of minutes.  I need help with bug reports as this is a beta and will have bugs.  Please post all bugs.  If you wish to compliment me or BenJermey please make a seperate post because I would like to make this strictly bug reports.

Thanks and Enjoy....

LepPpeR

****Please Pin This Post****

This post has been edited by LepPpeR on Nov 23 2003, 03:18 AM

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »

This is a good sign, 2 hours and no bugs.  Please god, let this be a sign.    wink.gif

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 09:34:00 AM »

I probably shouldn't post yet, but I am having an issue with 1.5, and am trying 2.0 now.

I added 6 game folders (all in working order from off my hd) and am only able to get 4 to run from the menu. I am going to use 2.0 now and see if it will work.

Odd thing is that the games will load from boXplorer off the disc.

any ideas?

sad.gif

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

Did you use MenuX or MXM to make the multigame disc?

If you used MenuX, this is a known error and is not on behalf of Craxtion but on MenuX.  That is why I have now started to use MXM too.

Download Craxtion 2.0 Beta 2 and give it a shot with MXM.
-Use the default skin to start off and see what it does.

I think that you will enjoy it

LepPpeR

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »

Beta 2 has been released allowing for use of any MXM (ONLY) skins.  and is now using MXM Version K

Bug reports Please

LepPpeR

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2003, 11:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ May 6 2003, 02:42 PM)
Beta 2 has been released allowing for use of any MXM (ONLY) skins.  and is now using MXM Version K

Bug reports Please

LepPpeR

I will give it a try. So far, (no offense BenJeremy), I dont really like any of the default skins I have seen for MXM, but I can't complain really because he has worked so hard.

I did like the "kojak" or "xbox3" (even though xbox3 was a bit off proportion) skins that were available for MenuX, and yes that was what I was using.

I will try again.

Thanks for the info, this is my first use of your program. (I guess I should have used an rw though, instead of being so darn confident having read your tutorial biggrin.gif )

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

Have you tried BJ's new Matrix Skin.  It is really Freaking Cool.  It is the default skin for craxtion/MXM right now

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2003, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ May 6 2003, 03:19 PM)
Have you tried BJ's new Matrix Skin.  It is really Freaking Cool.  It is the default skin for craxtion/MXM right now

heh, yer gonna hate me for saying this, but I saw the screenshots he had and instantly did not like it...I am more simplistic... did you see what I meant by the kojak skin?

Its sad, I know, but I would grow very tired of the matrix if I kept seeing it every time I played a game...

Just my personal thoughts...

He is very talented though, just not my thing.

Any ideas on how I could get something like kojak (simple) going with MXM ?

This post has been edited by jz28 on May 6 2003, 08:34 PM

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2003, 01:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (jz28 @ May 6 2003, 02:24 PM)
Have you tried BJ's new Matrix Skin.  It is really Freaking Cool.  It is the default skin for craxtion/MXM right now

heh, yer gonna hate me for saying this, but I saw the screenshots he had and instantly did not like it...I am more simplistic... did you see what I meant by the kojak skin?

Its sad, I know, but I would grow very tired of the matrix if I kept seeing it every time I played a game...

I know a bunch of people are working on Skins.  I will get back to you on this when I find something simplistic.  I yes, Craxtion using MenuX is easy to skin aswell if you continue using it.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2003, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (jz28 @ May 6 2003, 03:24 PM)

Heh heh... that's why you can put more than one skin on a compilation, too. It will randomly select a different screen at boot up, if you want.

You can also use a plain skin, I think I'll also release the XDI skin in an XML format (It's created internally at the moment)  so you can dump your MenuX screenshots into it and make your own, more simple, skins.

That's the power of an application like MXM. You choose how many bells and whistles you want to see.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2003, 01:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ May 6 2003, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (jz28 @ May 6 2003, 03:24 PM)

Heh heh... that's why you can put more than one skin on a compilation, too. It will randomly select a different screen at boot up, if you want.

You can also use a plain skin, I think I'll also release the XDI skin in an XML format (It's created internally at the moment)  so you can dump your MenuX screenshots into it and make your own, more simple, skins.

That's the power of an application like MXM. You choose how many bells and whistles you want to see.

this is why I said you were so talented.

I read just about every post you have made and remember the very first version of MXM you put out.

I had no idea that MenuX caused these problems with launching games until I made a disc. I guess I should have searched, but I dont know why its there if it is buggy.

I am really looking forward to a basic skin like those I mentioned earlier (kojak and xbox3 for MenuX). I had found them in the "download themes" menu of craxtion.

Thanks for the info guys, I will try out my disc when I get home in an hour.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 02:50:00 PM »

yeah, let me know how it works out.

thanks

LepPpeR

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (LepPpeR @ May 6 2003, 04:50 PM)

thanks

LepPpeR

hrm...

on first boot it takes a REALLY REALLY long time to get into the menu... then, there is "media x menu" homebrew as the first option, and the matrix background...

then the games are listed, and it takes a sec or two to select them.

Seems like it would make a decent dashboard, but I liked the speed / simplicity of the other menu, menux...maybe I am doing something wrong? or not enough?

this was just a test by doing the default mxm menu for a 6 game multidisc, each cd was 700 megs or so.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2003, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (jz28 @ May 6 2003, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (LepPpeR @ May 6 2003, 04:50 PM)

thanks

LepPpeR

hrm...

on first boot it takes a REALLY REALLY long time to get into the menu... then, there is "media x menu" homebrew as the first option, and the matrix background...

then the games are listed, and it takes a sec or two to select them.

Seems like it would make a decent dashboard, but I liked the speed / simplicity of the other menu, menux...maybe I am doing something wrong? or not enough?

this was just a test by doing the default mxm menu for a 6 game multidisc, each cd was 700 megs or so.

If it took a REALLY long time on a DVD compilation, then it's likely picky media (or the drive)... I've finally started wearing out one of my CD-RW test discs, and it behaves the same way; but the same image burned to the 'fresher' CD-Rw boots up nicely.

As for selection speed, you don't have to wait for the smooth scrolling to bump the selection up again, and smooth scrolling can be shut off in the skin you use (and a short wav file can be used).

I expect there will be some spiffy DVD-optimized skins soon, as skinners get comfortable with the system.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »

actually, I have a thompson drive, and although it is picky about the media, the games load just fine, with consistant load times, its just that the drive seeks around quite a bit when first booting the mxm based disc.

It takes roughly 1-2 mins to boot, where as with the same media, and same content (games) it takes only 20 secs or so with the menux version.

I wish I knew a way around the menux bug, it really seemed to do the trick, but I will continue testing, as I think you both have done a superb job.

thanks again.

btw, this is exactly how I would like it to look:

http://www.writersgallery.com/MXM/NewMXMSS01.jpg
(from benjeremy's site)

This post has been edited by jz28 on May 6 2003, 11:34 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4