xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gocybershop.ca Is Crap  (Read 32 times)

Naepustus

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« on: December 07, 2002, 02:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (FrankDux @ Dec 4 2002, 07:38 PM)

when i send something back, i pay for shipping, in return they give me my item and store credit, or once they gave me an extra 10$ ontop for my troubles, that was my first time ever dealing with them. ever since i have never had a problem.  they do make mistakes but they correct them.

Maybe I just had incredibly back luck. I also was promised a PS2 link cable as an apology. I informed them I don't even have a PS2, so the link cable is useless. I asked them to send me a cheap component video cable of equal value. So they sent neither of them.

fitski

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 09:08:00 AM »

I live close to kitchener about 30 mintues away..for a fee my friends and I could go there and beat the shit outta the guy :beer:                                      

FrankDux

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 11:25:00 AM »

Well thats about the most uncool thing I've heard in this formuns...                                      

CASTOR_TROY

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »

haha fitski i live in kitchener and go to this store a lot and it would take a small army to take out the guy in there... he is a TANK haha

Anushian

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »

I recently ordered a Dreamcast VCD PLayer from them. I would have gone there myself (half hour drive) but they were closed for the holidays.

I got my stuff as promised but not on time. Turns out the player was on backorder - but the website said in stock. However, they did promptly respond to my emails and calls and when they said they would send it out, they did. Took about 1 day to get here afte they shipped it. I ordered 3 day express.

I wouldnt mind ordering from these guys again. Just that one ordering problem with the vcd player... <_<  

FrankDux

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »

HAHAHA I order so more stuff from GoCybershop, i order the same cables for my exbox, and not only did they come 2 days later they sent a note saying its free, thanks for the business i have done with them over the past years... woohooooo

Naepustus

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 06:37:00 AM »

I recently needed to order a Component cable for Xbox. I decided the official HD Video kit was just the thing. I tried all the usual places, but none of them wanted to send the cable to Europe. Lik-Sang was down at the time and only Citywide Solutions (GoCyberShop) was willing to ship it overseas. Of course, when I ordered the kit, I had to pay it beforehand with PayPAL and they didn't tell me the kit was not in stock. They did, however, send me an email to inform me of this after the payment - it was the only thing they did somewhat right.

After a week I hadn't heard another peep from them, so I asked them about the status. The replied that it would be shipped the moment they received the cable. A few day later I got the shipping confirmation. A week later I got the parcel., but the cable inside was not the one I ordered, but instead it was a Svideo cable, which you can buy from the local corner shop.

I was very disappointed and sent GCS a letter to that effect. They were very sorry (of course) for sending me the wrong item and told me to return it to them AT MY OWN EXPENSE. They also refused to send the replacement before the received the wrong cable back.  This is absolutely the wrong thing to do, but to them it was normal. If you want to keep your customers happy, you don't make them pay for your mistakes. After much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth (and a dozen emails), I learned that overseas customers cannot contest the PayPAL transactions, so I could not get my money back. So, I resigned myself to sending the cable back to them and I did eventually get the right cable, about one month after the purchase. The cable didn't come cheap, since I had to pay the return cost for the cable I never ordered.

GoCyberShop of course never took any responsibility for the error. It was the package's fault of being written in Japanese.

You can be sure I'm not recommending that source to anyone.

Cheerio

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 09:09:00 AM »

Did 2 lookups.

Domain gocybershop.ca
Organization: citywide solutions inc
Date approved: 2000/11/09
Last changed: 2002/11/05
Renewal Date: 2003/12/01
Registrar: Internic.ca Corp.
Description: e-commerce
DNS1: ns1.worldwithoutwire.com
DNS2: ns2.worldwithoutwire.com

Administrative Contact

Name: jason pomeroy
Job Title: director
Postal Address: 592 chesapeake Crescent
waterloo ON n2k4g2 Canada
Phone: 519-884-5545
Fax: 519-884-4601
Email: [email protected]

Technical Contact

Name: jason pomeroy
Job Title: director
Postal Address: 592 chesapeake Crescent
Phone: 519-884-5545
Fax: 519-884-4601
Email: [email protected]

and

Registrar:      Internic.ca Corp.                                
Registrar-no:   29                                                
Registrant-no:  37466                                            
Domaine-no:     101931                                            
Subdomain:      gocybershop.ca                                    
Renewal-Date:   2003/12/01                                        
Date-Approved:  2000/11/09                                        
Date-Modified:  2002/11/05                                        
Organization:   citywide solutions inc                            
Description:    e-commerce                                        
Admin-Name:     jason pomeroy                                    
Admin-Title:    director                                          
Admin-Postal:   592 chesapeake Crescent                          
Admin-Phone:    519-884-5545                                      
Admin-Fax:      519-884-4601                                      
Admin-Mailbox:  [email protected]                                
Tech-Name:      jason pomeroy                                    
Tech-Title:     director                                          
Tech-Postal:    592 chesapeake Crescent                          
Tech-Phone:     519-884-5545                                      
Tech-Fax:       519-884-4601                                      
Tech-Mailbox:   [email protected]                                
NS1-Hostname:   ns1.worldwithoutwire.com                          
NS1-Netaddress: 209.162.224.10                                    
NS2-Hostname:   ns2.worldwithoutwire.com                          
NS2-Netaddress: 216.185.76.4                

call the number?                                    

FrankDux

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2002, 12:14:00 PM »

no need to trace them, they are in kitchener area of ontario, i have been dealing with them for 4 years now, and i too had some problems like that, but when they say send it back at your own exspence doesnt mean they wont do somthing for u, when i send something back, i pay for shipping, in return they give me my item and store credit, or once, i sent back a USB mod for ps2 5 months after the purchaced date, with out a reciet and told them it was that old, they said since i wasnt happy to send it back, cost me 8$ to do so, I paid 35$ for it at the time, it was selling for less when i reurned it but they have me the amount i originaly paid, and the 8$ and not only that.. but they gave me an extra 10$ ontop for my troubles, that was my first time ever dealing with them. ever since i have never had a problem.  they do make mistakes but they correct them.

just my input on it                                    

oneeyedelf

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2002, 02:49:00 PM »

Well here's what i say about gocybershop.ca, just plain insanely good tihngs, brother purchased a few ps2 things once, arrived no hassle, bout month ago brother then went to buy a magic2 mod, sent a us money order, they contacted him, luckily they was nice about it said they would send back the money order with the mod, turn around time was long since because of his mess up the mod got put on backorder. Needless to say this was totally my brothers fault, one bad thing though is they just sent the chip in a envelope, it got sent through an electronic roller, the chip ended up making a mess of the envelope, though it wasnt damaged. Well putting a chip in just an envelope is foolish, not sure if its because of my brothers mistake, but unless gocybershop.ca was cool my bro woulda been out 60 dollars, just an expierence that I have had about them going above and beyond.                                    

FrankDux

• Archived User
Gocybershop.ca Is Crap
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2002, 03:08:00 PM »

Usualy when i order anything, they over pack it with foam and shit, i order a sunfire screen for my GBA once, thin thin screen, and they sent it in a express post envelope that was legal size  (8/15x14), and packed it tight with foam chips.. awsome. a waste but awsome, the best part with them for me is, CO f'en D, ya thats right COD, i get my shit ontime before I hand over the cash.. and always pick the slowest cus it cheaper, but it still gets here in 2 days time. truly amazing..