xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: All Access To F: Games Videos Pics Appz Lost  (Read 510 times)

junku

• Archived User
All Access To F: Games Videos Pics Appz Lost
« on: December 08, 2004, 01:13:00 AM »

after using qwix 1.01 for uploading games to my xbox I no longer can see
any games, videos, pictures or music on the F: drive.
Somehow I can see the applications though.
The filemanager in avalaunch reads the F: drive as if its all there, but the folders are empty (also if I ftp).

Please help me. . I´m allmost crying like a little girl

Junku

22cal

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »

You have 300gig on F:?
I've haven't seen a 300gig drive. But I am not up on A+ and what is new.

junku

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

well no not exactly 300 Gb on F: but its an 300 Gb harddrive thats installed in my xbox. . . anyway . . in trying to fix it I fucked it all up so bad, that it just needs to be reinstalled. . . BUT

This is the second time I´ve been unlucky after using Qwix and I think the fault occurs because it ran out of space. . . maybe somebody could look into that. . or something see y´all

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

Your F drive is corrupted. When using a HDD bigger than 250GB (or any HDD that will have enough space to create an F partition bigger than 256GB), you're supposed to have an F drive and a G drive. Otherwise, your F drive will be bigger than 256GB, which will eventually get corrupted.

Basically, you'll need to edit your bios to support the G drive (use xbtool, or evtool if you're using m8), then reformat your F drive and format a G drive. This will prevent corruption from happening again.

spike0ne

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »

Hey -

Would have been nice to know this before I converted my 300GB drive from a "F & G" setup to a "F only" setup. And, yes, I did look around before doing so. The only "documentation" I found stated that new BIOSes (using LBA48) could address up to 2.2TB (yes, TERA-bytes) of storage.

That info can be found in this thread, replied to by heinrich (3rd post down), which is then confirmed by brahm2 on page 2 (2nd post down):

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=8988

Oh well, format and reload the entire thing yet again. *sigh*