xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Working Alternative To Qwix  (Read 874 times)

2K4EVOVIII

• Archived User
A Working Alternative To Qwix
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »

Well i finally got some good speed. I tried FlashFXP and would only get around 3500kb/s with QWIX i would get nothing but errors and the xbox would lock up after the errors. Then i tried C-Xbox and i instantly got 9500kb/s and up to 10100kb/s. Its by far the fastest transfer i have been able to get. C-Xbox does lack allot of good features that QWIX has but maybe in a future revision that will all be fixed.

Thanks for the GREAT FIND!

Chris

dirttt

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2005, 01:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(sup191 @ Jan 27 2005, 10:19 PM)
Let me add another raised hand to the upgrade issues.  I just got a A64 3500+ and a MSI NEO2 Nforce3 board last November and Quix hasn't worked since.  Worked flawlessly for months on my old Athlon 2000+.  I think we might have stumbled on where the problem might lie with Quix all of a sudden not working.  How many others have a A64 and Nforce3 combo and can't get Quix to work?

ChineseGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »

I think it was mentioned somewhere in Qwix documents that Gigabitlan won't work.  I also have A64, 3000+, MSI NEO platinum with nvidia 250gb chipset.  http://www.msi.com.t...ail.php?UID=572

:-\  C-xbox tool works great, i have been using it before i even found out about Qwix. Never failed me yet. I also notice that anything with avalaunch ftp is a no go. Even with c-xbox tool. The reason i mention that is, c-xbox tool also supports boost mode.  Evox seems to work great for FTP...

And...  that image in the first page should really be edited....

Buelldozer

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

I hate to be the bubble buster, but I've an an Athlon 2100 with a Radeon 9700...Qwix doesn't work for me...and never has.

I'm gonna burst the bubble on the "disable Windows XP SP2 firewall" theory too, mine's turned off and always has been.

Thanks for the alternative though, I'll try that and see how it goes.

sup191

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Buelldozer @ Feb 10 2005, 02:21 AM)
I hate to be the bubble buster, but I've an an Athlon 2100 with a Radeon 9700...Qwix doesn't work for me...and never has.

z3bu

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »

ever since i instlaled SP2 on my new format i have been unable to use qwix until today

in my ftp settings in Qwix i checked the box for use of PASV FTP, and now it works flawlessly. try this out!

Buelldozer

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 12:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(sup191 @ Feb 10 2005, 08:42 AM)
What brand/type of network card is in your machine?

onewhoknowsitall

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »

i have the exact same realtek ethernet built into my mobo. i have a (crappy) emachines t1440 desktop. i was able to ftp one game flawlessly with quix then when i went to do another game it didnt work. the first file hung at 56% while the speed kept decreasing.

onewhoknowsitall

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »

i found the problem on my machine. apparently the network drivers that protowall installs does something to mess up the ftp. i uninstalled them and qwix works perfectly for me. so check to see if protowall or any other programs have network drivers installed. that could be the cause of problems for other people also.

Mastershredder

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »

Wow.. thanks for the info on C-Xbox Tool.. I got a new Athlon XP Nforce 3 setup right around the time I did the latest avalaunch update and thought the latest build broke the Qwix transfer. As long as I can boost transfer an ISO without a problem, i'm happy. Thanks again!

Mattack

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »

I have been using qwix for about 2 weeks, and i have transferred probably 20 different times with no problems whatsoever.  today all of a sudden it hangs at 0%.  i havent changed anything, outside of updating dvd2xbox to 0.6.6. and upgrading xbmc to the latest build.  changed no settings, nothhing but that.  now it doesnt work.

P4 2.4c
Abit IS7 motherboard with built in gigabit lan
windows xp sp2
firewall disabled
ports open

xbox connects to the internet, can be ftp'd into using qwix, flashfxp, filebooster, internet explorer, whatever.  i can even upload files to it with any of the above with the exception of qwix.  it will allow me to connect and browse around, but once i start transferring an iso it hangs at 0% and sometimes the xbox freezes, sometimes not.

linksys befsr41 v2 router
1.6 xbox with xecuter 2.6 and evoX/avalaunch

absolutely no problems until today.  no idea why it would do that, but i'm gonna switch to c-xbox and try my luck.  

but it did work with an onboard gigabit lan card and sp2 just fine until i did those installs.  i dont see how that would cause these kinds of problems though.

Dawg605

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »

Qwix works perfectly for me.

I have Windows XP SP2, the Windows firewall turned ON, and I have a router.

rubikscube

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(SScorpio @ Nov 24 2004, 09:55 PM)
While I used and loved both Qwix and XIso Xfer their inablity to FTP an ISO under Windows XP SP2 has made me search for an alternative program.  This was of course after having no success with all of the fixes people have posted, and I don't consider not installing SP2 a fix.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »

i havent hada problem with qwix under sp2, not that i wouldnt like alternative or a new release

id kill for batch ISO creation and batch extraction to local folders

jojo_nl

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »

tongue.gif
Everything i copied gives this strange errors and stuff and all related to some major bug in the passive/active mode (so it must be the core of the nic programming that is faulty on a gbit lan nic.. which can be any Glan nic)

crappy and buggy as it is i really prefer to use this qwix since it shows a very nice looking prog and has some very handy features.
Maybe i can help betatest or something since i am spending a lot of time on this anyway.

let me know....

sincerely,
 jojo
Pages: 1 [2] 3