xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Quix 1.01 Very Slow Since Updating Win Xp To Sp2  (Read 785 times)

wmadoss

• Archived User
Quix 1.01 Very Slow Since Updating Win Xp To Sp2
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2004, 01:01:00 AM »

I havent even noticed this problem let alone have the problem. My transfers are still at 10MB/s before and after SP2 upgrade.

eppo

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

smile.gif

darkandlong

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

Just built a new PC, with XP SP2.

I'm connected through a wireless network to my Xbox.

I cannot upload any ISOs to my Xbox with Qwix.  I can navigate with FlashFXP with no problems.

I tried forcing 100 half duplex, this does not solve my problem.

Tried Avalaunch 49.1 and 49.2

XP firewall is turned off, and the service is disabled under the "services" list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deaaaaaas

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

I got winxp with sp2 installed and I got no problems at all. Got an avenger on ~9000kb/s.

Im running avalaunch 0.49.2.

bloodfist

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »

I tryed that firewall exeption thing and it didn't work, but i set the compatibilty wizard to run it like windows 98 and now it works. don't know it thats been done before, but it might work for others

Sparky363

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »

I recently put together a new computer, and installed the full version of Win XP w/SP2. With this, I have Quix unblocked at the Windows firewall, and the firewall enabled. I have a linksys Wireless router, and the firewall in it is disabled.

Quix works fine except for trying multiple ISO transfers, and of course, as it says in the info for Quix, NEVER try to abort an upload. Neither Quix or Avalaunch can deal with it, and they both crash. It took me a few tries to find out that when Quix crashes, you might save some time and headaches, to reboot windows and your Xbox. Avqalaunch never recovers, and Quix rarely does.

I have heard of problems with the windows firewall on the SP2 upgrade that doen't exist on the release of Win XP, such as it not always unblocking the requested program. Also, I've heard with both versions, that Windows sometimes resets itself to a firewall state. I have never experienced this, but it may have something to do with the fact that I always go to the control panel to configure it, as seemed to work for one other member.

So maybe a solution would be the full version of Win XP with SP2, and be sure if you are using a router, that the firewall on it is disabled.

I didnt try it with the router firewall on, but I assume it would work if you are just sending ISO's to a larger HDD, but probably not it you are trying to look at the HDD or rip a game. But if you are using Avalaunch, you probably need full function, so you would either need to open a port, or disable the firewall.

ptlite

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2005, 01:50:00 AM »

I am also experiencing a slow down recently.  I was getting speeds of 9000 but now 30-400.  Hadn't transfered files for a while so I can't be sure if SP2 is the problem as I installed Protowall recently as well, however,I discovered Protowall  causing slowdowns with a Realtec NIC. Disable Protowall in network settings on the NIC and speeds increase to around 5000. Slow downs Occured even when Protowall wasn't running, you must disable it in NIC properties. In the Protowall forums, Realtec NICS are a known problem for slow downs.  Still can't get back to where I was but speeds are acceptible now.  Hope this helps as SP2 may not be everyones problem

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

also getting the same problems of the 0.00KB/s transfer and qwix just sitting there

i have a nvidia nforce3 250Gb motherboard with built in gigabit ethernet.. and i have the nforce3 hardware accellerated firewall off.. and i tried setting the xfer mode to 100mbps half and full and all other things and auto.. it makes no difference

i can transfer fine with flashfxp.. and fileboost works to boost my mp3s.. so i dont know what the problem is..

also running windows xp sp2
Pages: 1 2 [3]