xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 60g Fat Ps3  (Read 145 times)

Ajamax

• Archived User
60g Fat Ps3
« on: July 17, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »

I have a 60g PS3 that will not boot unless the hard drive is removed. If the hard drive is removed then it boots into service mode.

I did the DEX conversion to this unit, and it went fine with zero issues. Then a few days later it started randomly having startup issues, and within a couple of days it wouldn't boot with the drive inserted..

I believe it to have a bad hard drive. At this point I am tired of having it around.

Comes with 2 controllers, the BD remote, a copy of the stock cex.bin, a copy of the dex.bin, and the per console root key that I extracted back when the metldrpwn exploit was first released.

Will let it go for $125 shipped using the PayPal gift option.

IPB Image

Ajamax

• Archived User
60g Fat Ps3
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »

PM's all replied to.

An update to accurately reflect the state of this PS3:

It no longer boots on when the hard drive has been removed. It just sits there for a minute or 2, and then powers off. When the hard drive is installed it just gives a red error screen.

I am told that the NAND needs to be reflashed. I have the NAND image from both 3.55 CEX and 4.11 DEX so either can be flashed if you happen to have a flasher.

Does anyone know a shop that installs PS3 NAND flashers? I may have a flasher installed and use this as a Linux box or something.