xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Boost Mode Ftp  (Read 563 times)

ultrabrutal

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

I have a hard time believing you are getting 10-11 mb/sec with flashfxp from xbox...

chromium

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

I do all the time when transfering large files. It's when transferring thousands of tiny files that it goes as slow as all hell.

Does anyone have any idea how far off a new release of Quix is with this much anticipated functionality?

lobo777

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

Can I use the boost mode of Avalaunch with other dashboards like UnleashX? Just wondering

crazzyassblood

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

i use a crossover cable and 100MBS FULL DUPLEX... crazy speeds... ill post some screens...

noqu

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »

I just got one question, don't want to post a new topic just for this.

Where the heck do I enable boost in Qwix? I can't find it in the XML file.

Thanks in advance.

masonshoemocker

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2004, 09:59:00 PM »

You should actually read the readme's.  But to help you out, boost mode is automatically enabled when you run your Avalaunch dash.  Just go into Network and then FTP settings and double check.

vmt2000

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

HI ultrabrut,
Can you make FileBoost into a open source effort?
I can help you improve it.
Thanks,
vmt2000

vmt2000

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

HI ultrabrut,
Can you make FileBoost into a open source effort?
I can help you improve it.
Thanks,
vmt2000

Bulan

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

Dito that about Open Source...
Maybe I could put some hours of coding into Fileboost too..

Running Delphi here too..

I maybe could host a site for the project too if needed..

Or maybe if not going to be that serious about it, you could put the souce up somewhere for download.. for both the Class ans FileBoost..

Or just mail me a private copy of it if u want, PM me or write a note here and I'll provide you with an mail address..

AlaCarcuss

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(ultrabrutal @ Jul 14 2004, 05:20 AM)
Filebooster was bashed together in a short time and therefore very simple. Qwix took many weeks to do...

Dozi69

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

I would really like to see filebooster expanded as well.  Is Qwix development even still continuing?  It's been at version 1.01 for over a year and I haven't seen any signs of it being updated.  If it would just have support for adding entire folders to the batch queue instead of just .iso's I would be happier than a bug in a rug!  Someone please pursue this!

--Dozi

Kells

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2005, 11:33:00 AM »

Qwix development is still continuing ... it's just that the Dev's don't believe in releasing a new version every week.  There is a high standard to maintain, and with external forces keeping the dev's busy, they will be addressed when they are addressed.

If you are having difficulties getting qwix to work, we suggest either making sure you are using an Avalaunch + Qwix combination, make sure your firewalls in SP2 either have Qwix on the allow list or are disabled completely.

If you still can't get it to work .. you might want to try other tools.

As for FTP boost support, last I heard, the author of FlashFXP was trying to incorporate it into FlashFXP but then said he'd have to rewrite his protocal to do so and I think left it at that.  you could alwasy head to efnet into #flashfxp and ask bigstar, the author.

For now, I find that creating iso's and extracting them is sometimes the fastest way to transfer many small files .. (like XBMC for example) .. it's not as fast as using a boost enabled client .. but it's many times faster than using a standard ftp client.

ajcomp70

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

I seem not to have a problem getting 10-11 mb/s with a 100mb Full Duplex Connection (Crossover, 100mb lan). Boost mode would be great to incorporate in flashfxp though. An already great client gets better....

walkingmeatpopsicle

• Archived User
Boost Mode Ftp
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »

the boost mode ftp program is bad to use, but it could do with just one improvement

the ability to upload folders and not just files
Pages: 1 [2]