xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ftp From Pc To Xbox Freezes  (Read 524 times)

rmariani

• Archived User
Ftp From Pc To Xbox Freezes
« on: March 11, 2004, 02:42:00 AM »

Hello everyone.
I swa some topics with this problem on the board, but none seemed to solve my problem, so i'm starting a new one.

I have Avalaunch v0.48.64 and qwix 1.01.
I can ftp perfectly with flashfxp.
I used to ftp perfectly with qwix (older version and xbmp as dash)

Now, it freezes!  can do it by extracting the iso and ftping with flash but it takes a long time!
Could it be a bad instalation of avalaunch (i copied it into c: without removing xbmp/evox and just changed the xbe names) ?
I can't see any other possible problems!

Any help?

thx

dmarkow

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

I'm having the exact same problem. I "Test Connection" and it connects fine. And when i do "Manage TItles" it displays them all. Yet as soon as I try to FTP an ISO onto the xbox, it doesn't even start. It brings up the progress screen and freezes. I erased the Avalaunch folder on the xbox and reinstalled it, along with qwix, and it's still doing this. It used to work fine.

dctoast

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

* bump * same exact problem here

dederoro

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

mad.gif ) it's okay  ohmy.gif
then I can play biggrin.gif

Funky_monk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 05:37:00 AM »

Yep its happened to me too!! stupid piece of shit!! help would be much appreciated.
Funky_monk...

Dindas

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

Yea, i'm having the same problem myself.  It seems to work better with older versions of Ava though.

Wish someone could help out with this problem, but you can try downgrading to a older version.

lasdausp

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

dry.gif   Well, no one seems to give a toss!!...you would think that the author of the program would be on it by now!!

Devenic

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 05:43:00 AM »

wink.gif  This is free software.  You get what you give.

99.9% of the time the freezing is due to bad NIC drivers, a bad NIC, or the NIC being in a problematic slot.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 05:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (lasdausp @ Apr 27 2004, 08:31 PM)
dry.gif   Well, no one seems to give a toss!!...you would think that the author of the program would be on it by now!!

fuck off tosser.

Yep its happened to me too!! stupid piece of shit!! help would be much appreciated.
Funky_monk...

you too, fuck off tosser.

bunch of lousy ingrates, contribute or shut the fuck up. people cant devote their entire lives to a video game console. once you are an adult, you'll soon realize this.

buy a clue.

lasdausp

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »

:rotfl:     gee, you know you have a dumbass on your hands when they resort to swearing coz they have nothing usefull to say!!

lol

m3thod

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 08:30:00 AM »

mmmm hopefully someone will try to help after all of these worthless posts......cuz i'm getting the same problem.  

When I try to upload the iso with quix it brings up the transfer screen but it never displays the status....kind of freezes.  I know it does upload some files because when I connect with flashfxp I can see that it uploaded some of the files.

I can extract the iso with quix to the pc and then transfer with flashfxp like usual.

Any ideas?

keyvan

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

uhh.gif

Ichijoe

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

I never had this problem before Ava. 0.49.0.4, but I can't FTP with Quix either.
It will in fact crash my PC to the point where it'll reboot. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Quix = 99.9% of the reasion why I still use Avalaunch, instead of XBMC as my Dash. If I'm gona have to
resourt to FTP'ing my .iso's anyway I could just use XBMC's Filezilla. But, I'm a big Quix fan and I would
like to continue to use it!

And to those know-it-all's out there that would try to pass this off as User error and a bad NIC config.
Please explaine to me why I never had this problem in Ava. 0.48.0.64??

keyvan

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »

I no longer have the problem, currently on ISO #43 of the 60 ISO games i am transferring and no problems. I have just kept the computer on with qwix as the only user process running and no internet and its working perfectly. going at a constant of around 10MB/s. good job on this great program. lets me know the integrety of the isos too before i burn them if i choose to do so and i love how it tells me if file names are too long. nice job

Intensecure

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

This is free software. You get what you give.

Someone gave me a free chocolate bar once, gave me food poisoning. I wasn't too impressed with them either.
I accept your point, and it must be irritating when people seem to "whine" that you don't care, but there are lots of ftp issues with the new release.
People just have to vote with their Xboxs, metaphorically, and install something else.
Pages: [1] 2