xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Qwix + Avalaunch = Xbox Looping?  (Read 423 times)

anonemous

• Archived User
Qwix + Avalaunch = Xbox Looping?
« on: May 04, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »

I recently discovered much to my satisfaction that I no longer have to burn games to DVD, but can instead send games straight over to my Xbox HDD using Qwix and Avalaunch.

I sent over a game to what I originally believed to be the F:drive but instead went over to the E:drive and subsequently I recieved a message telling me that I had run out of disc space.

I then loaded up Qwix on my PC, connected to avalaunch and deleted the game from my E:drive and then rebooted my xbox.

LOOPMANIA!!! Each time my xbox starts I see the blob animation, the xbox logo and then my xbox keeps showing the xbox logo and restarting. I couldnt even get a disc into the dvd drive properly due to the damn thing restarting so fast. :grr:

I managed to find my original evox disc and after timing my opening of the drive was able to load the thing and see the contents of my C drive using Qwix.

I dont know if this is relevant, but i did happen to see strange duplicate folders on my C: drive with a "du" extension.....?

The important thing is that I have (using my evox cd loading technique) managed to load the all new 5032 bios, replace ALL my c:drive files from a backup and even design a new skin and have my system working FINE.

PROBLEM IS - that as soon as I create an apps folder on my E:drive and install all new fresh goodies I grabbed from xbins - LOOPMANIA!!!!!!

Please help me make sense of this as right now I am open to any reasonable suggestions............ :uhh: <