xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DVD Player ?  (Read 805 times)

dcnigma

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

when dvd and ftp go togeter i am sold.

no problems for dvd some dvds boot up some donĀ“t but then again we still have other options so pleace keep it in.

Thx for the great work

Totalled

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2004, 04:11:00 AM »

I know it's a little late but my humble opinion is to keep it. Yes it may need some tiding up to look nice and fancy.... but it works thats the main thing. How many XBox apps actually look fantastic (dashs and XBMC excluded even then the first releases where a little ropy)

It works. It's quicker and easier to use. Less hassle as its built into dash (ie no loading other apps).

My Ideal dash is basically Avalaunch with media playing capability... This i know is probably not going to happen but i can wish.

And thx Team Avalaunch for your hard work and contribution to our fun and games!

az4u

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2004, 01:24:00 AM »

love.gif

Btw can it have a 1080i support in the future tongue.gif

the joker

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2004, 04:47:00 AM »

if you use auto-update using the unstable tree ( enable it in settings / boot options ) then you can get build 136 which has 1080i feature in the dvd player =)

az4u

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

Thanks for the heads up the joker

I'll keep the stable build for now...just wanna finish CoD. Btw, a little off topic, you guys gonna write any manual for how to use Ava Kai for idiots like moi?

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »

pop.gif

jp110099

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »

I love the player but is there any way to tell if it is playing in 1080i?  I find it hard to tell a big difference between avalaunch and my 480p dvd player. Thanks.

jonny_eh

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

Is there a way to exit the DVD player back to the dash (without doing an IGR)?

Keep the sucker! It's the only dvd player on the xbox that supports both a remote and the controller! (just in case I misplace the remote)

DarkJedi664

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »

i've found a couple bugs with the dvd player:

first off, if you have a 2 disc dvd that has menus on both, the second disk will not bring up the menu if you play it right after the first disk.

also playing foreign dvd's, you cannot change subtitles while in the movie, in other words, pressing the subtitles option in the dvd player menu, wont do anything.

the 2 disk dvd thing is the most annoying, but it also applies if you watch 2 dvd's in a row, the second disk wont have a menu.

g-sas

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2005, 07:44:00 AM »

I like the DVDPlayer because it supports menus.
It looks a bit crappy on HDTV though, you can see interlaces.

gojtron

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

Love it, it's the only player above 480p and working with menus is great.  The only problem I have is compatibility, Superbit discs won't play as well as some others like Holy Grail SE.

heinrich

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(jonny_eh @ Jan 7 2005, 04:59 PM)
It's the only dvd player on the xbox that supports both a remote and the controller! (just in case I misplace the remote)

logicbomb.de

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

Keep the sucker! It's the only dvd player on the xbox that supports both a remote and the controller! (just in case I misplace the remote)

prism_emf

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

The fact is, there is *no* such thing as a good DVD player for the Xbox. Having an additional one is a great thing, but please Team Ava -- don't take all the criticism to mean that you should stop developing the player! It's not good enough now, but it does have potential.

That said, I've only managed to get 1 (one) dvd to run with the player. Not very good. I tried Reg2 (like my dongle), Reg1 and Reg0 discs. The first one to run was a copy I made myself with DVD Shrink. Others just return me to the dash or start an infinite loop if auto-launch dvd is turned on.

I suspect that this is another MS DVD hack, since it's just as stupid when it comes to handling 4:3/16:9 content. It takes the screenmode from the dashboard settings, and doesn't auto-switch the television mode according to content. (Dunno if that's possible in the US, but with SCART it is in Europe -- anyhoo I thought the Ava guys were Norwegian). At least XBMC has that feature.... I hate to manually switch modes on the telly...

For me, the important features would be:

* Region-free
* Dongle remote support
* Automatic 16:9/4:3 switching, independent of dash
* Menu support
* Great pic quality, of course!

Don't care about hdtv modes, since they're not available here anyway.

dsl1

• Archived User
DVD Player ?
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »

Keep it in its great.

My only grip is I cant change subtitles on files without menus.

Good job beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]