xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shoutcast Expansion Poll  (Read 603 times)

alnilam

• Archived User
Shoutcast Expansion Poll
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »

Ava + Shoutcast is a true joy. I use the Shoutcast feature playing in the background almost as much as I actually play games.  I typically only listen to one or two stations, so the current way that it works is find by me. In fact, I was quite tickled to find out that the play button on my newly purchased DVD/Dongle remote cycles between the stations. Beautiful.

My only complaint, though, is that there is no song information! Extremely frustrating. I'd much prefer a way to display the artist/title/channel. Especially the artist/title. XBMC shows this info (even though I have yet to find a skin I like for XBMC that shows this info nicely).  

The previous comment about pcm vs. AC3 is worth noting too. I'm not there yet, but eventually I'll be playing through my receiver, so the surround quality will be an issue. For now, though, the Shoutcast song and artist titles are my biggest wish for  the mythical .5

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
Shoutcast Expansion Poll
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »

I like shoutcast - it's cool

CrAzYLiFe_21

• Archived User
Shoutcast Expansion Poll
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »

i feel a bit stupid but how dose it work and how to i get it from my dash to radio station

ThaCrip

• Archived User
Shoutcast Expansion Poll
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 07:56:00 AM »

wink.gif

also on a side note:... it would be nice to be able to configure stuff in the dash on the fly instead of having to edit the avalaunch.xml file ... this might be alot to ask i aint sure but it sure would be a nice feature and a feature i would like to see near or at the top of the list to do ... cause me personally i would rather have this feature over support for mp3/shoutcast stuff.

thanks for your time and keep up the good work wink.gif

jwherbold

• Archived User
Shoutcast Expansion Poll
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 11:30:00 AM »

I like it, and use it... but the truth is... overall I am just not in the dash long enough to listen to a lot of music.

Wanted

• Archived User
Shoutcast Expansion Poll
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2005, 08:09:00 PM »

Currently if I want music or shoutcast I jump into XBMC anyway so I voted focus on .50 instead. I'm contemplating running XBMC as my dash actually. The Project Mayhem III on the latest CVS is really nice.
Pages: 1 [2]