xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing Bios  (Read 394 times)

BGreet

• Archived User
Flashing Bios
« on: October 10, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

I'm just curious, Evox has the ability to flash your bios, does Avalaunch have this ability as well?  If it doesnt, must I install evox to update my bios?

kenkudaki

• Archived User
Flashing Bios
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

I'm curious about this too.  Unfortunately I have a cheapmod, so I can't use Flash-X (GAWD I love that program).  I had previously added a menu item in EvoX to allow me to flash from my C:\bios directory, but can't seem to find a convenient way to flash from Ava.  For the time being, I've just created a bootable version of my previous EvoX install to use for flashing...

This post has been edited by kenkudaki on Oct 26 2004, 12:49 AM

inacst

• Archived User
Flashing Bios
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (BGreet @ Oct 10 2004, 08:56 PM)
I'm just curious, Evox has the ability to flash your bios, does Avalaunch have this ability as well?  If it doesnt, must I install evox to update my bios?

you can do a temp install of evox to flash the bios....
or if you use xenium chip. there is a flash utility in the OS.

kenkudaki

• Archived User
Flashing Bios
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 01:33:00 AM »

Yah, that's what I said in my previous post.  We're looking for a way to flash from within Ava... anyone?

kenkudaki

• Archived User
Flashing Bios
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

BUMP

MrPaulAR

• Archived User
Flashing Bios
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

I would follow the guide that came with your modchip.  I don't think you can flash a Xenium from within Avalaunch (I think they have a flash utility however).  I'm not a hardware guy or programmer but I bet that there are different signals sent to each chip to let them know there is a new BIOS being uploaded.

Why not just use the utilities that came with the modchip?  They are relased with the chip for a reason ya know.  I would do everything possible to not break the modchip or accidentailly erase the BIOS.

kenkudaki

• Archived User
Flashing Bios
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

Evidently you didn't read my first post.  I have a cheapmod.  It's an Xecuter compatible chip that you make yourself.  It only has one 256k bios bank.  It's very simple.  There is no manual, and no support for flashing directly in the mod chip.  There are no utilities that come with it.  It flashes like any normal Xecuter chip, but with only one bank.  This is why Flash-X doesn't play nice with it.  I know how to flash it in EvoX.  I also have a chip programmer.  I'm looking for a more convenient way of doing it that doesn't require me to leave Avalaunch.

kenkudaki

• Archived User
Flashing Bios
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

BUMP

drunkmunk

• Archived User
Flashing Bios
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

Avalaunch does not support bios flashing just use evox for that. just launch it from your file manager by selecting evoxdash.xbe