xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Boxes Not Talking  (Read 381 times)

Dark Rider

• Archived User
Avalaunch Boxes Not Talking
« on: August 30, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »

I'm using the latest version of Avalaunch and I've just recently noticed that I can't see the other box via filemanager. Both boxes have IP's via DHCP and get access to the internet with no problems but they can't see each other??? I also have tried running games with multiplayer and they don't seem to see the games that were created on the other box. In Halo, it sees the other game that was created but I get a network error when I try to select it. In Wolfenstein, it just doesn't see it at all. Are they any know bugs out there with the latest version of AVA? I don't think I had this problem until I upgraded to the latest version...

I also have a"hypothetical" question, if I copy all the games from F to another box, will the games work with each other in multiplayer mode? I'm wondering if somehow the games by be able to tell if they have been copied to another box and refuse to connect to each other...

Thanks... Ava rocks!

This post has been edited by Dark Rider on Aug 31 2004, 02:09 AM

simonx314

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

If you have the same problem in Halo, logically one would believe that the problem was not with Avalaunch, but with your network.  Can’t imagine what could be wrong with the network.  Describe more network details to us.

Dark Rider

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 11:44:00 PM »

OK, after further review, I've realized that my wireless XBOX may have decided to stop talking... It's not getting an IP from my router. Would sticking the CD that comes with the wireless XBOX NIC in the XBOX after I've loaded AVA cause problems with communication? That's the only thing I figure I could have done... I guess I'll try looking at the XML file and see if something somehow was changed. This is really wierd...

Ironsites

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »

I'm having the same problem with my buddies box.  It's not the network because we've tried a router, a hub, AND a crossover cable. Both boxes have v0.49.1 and I know mine works fine with networking because I went to a Halo LAN party yesterday.  When I create a game the other box can see it but when I try to join, it says that it's not accepting connections and to try again later.  I also can't see his box under the File Manager.

Another thing that i find pretty strange is that I go to update avalaunch with his box and it shows everything to update is available but when I try to update it gives me "Error: 403".  Not sure exactly how to solve this we're thinking of backing up his things and reformatting the harddrive.  Is anyone else getting this problem?