xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installed Newest Avalaunch.0.49.1 Now Xbxo Locks U  (Read 446 times)

Capt_InsanoX

• Archived User
Installed Newest Avalaunch.0.49.1 Now Xbxo Locks U
« on: August 07, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

Hey guys,
      I just installed Avalaunch.0.49.1 today and i rebooted. Now my xbox won't boot for the life of it. it freezes anywhere from beginning flubber animation to The big X with MS under it. the it just locks up. It will not read any of the boot discs I feed it and when it locks up during flubber-mation while sound is being played it lopps like a scratched cd. Don't know what to do, tried boot discs for all dashboards on the same cd-rw i've always used for it. any help is greatly appreciated.
BTW, I don't even get error codes or screens, which i found odd also.
thanks for any and all help
Capt_InsanoX

AF92

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (Capt_InsanoX @ Aug 8 2004, 02:42 AM)
Hey guys,
      I just installed Avalaunch.0.49.1 today and i rebooted. Now my xbox won't boot for the life of it. it freezes anywhere from beginning flubber animation to The big X with MS under it. the it just locks up. It will not read any of the boot discs I feed it and when it locks up during flubber-mation while sound is being played it lopps like a scratched cd. Don't know what to do, tried boot discs for all dashboards on the same cd-rw i've always used for it. any help is greatly appreciated.
BTW, I don't even get error codes or screens, which i found odd also.
thanks for any and all help
Capt_InsanoX

Whats your xbox setup?  modchip inside, other dashes, etc.  Did you make sure to rename the default.xbe to avalaunch.xbe on your pc before uploading?  Which bios are you using in your box?

tuhnu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »

I have same problem with xbox 1.0 & Xecuter modchip.
Last working Avalaunch for me is 0.49.0.4

@ Capt_InsanoX: Put working boot-CD in drive, shutdown xbox and turn it back on while CD is inside DVD-Drive, that's the way it boots up for me. Then I can use FTP to put old xboxdash.xbe back.

This post has been edited by tuhnu on Aug 8 2004, 04:01 AM

Capt_InsanoX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »

Cool, i'm using xecuter 1 also. that must be the problem. guess it's time to upgrae modchips. thanks for the replies.
Capt_InsanoX

This post has been edited by Capt_InsanoX on Aug 9 2004, 05:36 AM

MadBison

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 05:19:00 PM »

Do you have any lossless WMA files in your music directory?

Do you have Avalaunch set to play music on startup?

Could it be reset to play music on update?

A friend of mine had this issue. Avalaunch tried to play his music on startup, but could not play lossless WMA. Crashes on startup. Best way to deal with it is to boot to a bootable CD of evoX or whatever. Rename the music directory. Create another dir called Music with nothing in it. Boot to XBox HDD. then set Avalaunch setting to not play music on startup, and put your music back. Only play with XBMC which plays lossless WMA.

HTH
David

snorkleboy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

I have the same problem peridocally if a network cable is plugged in.  For me, I just unplug the cable, reboot, then plug the cable back in  and all is well.  Its still annoying though.  I get the "7" error code, which is a hard drive time out.  Wierd.....