xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox-to-pc Transfer  (Read 445 times)

RocafellaSqualie

• Archived User
Xbox-to-pc Transfer
« on: August 02, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »

Hey all

I just got a bigger hard drive for my xbox. What i want to do is transfer all my apps, emulators, & games to my PC first before removing my old HDD and transferring all that was on the old HD to the new one. When I use an FTP software like FlashFXP to transfer Xbox-to-PC with Avalaunch or UnleashX, it starts but then the speed decreases and ends up freezing FLashFXP. I also tried with Qwix: The titles show up in "Manage Xbox Title on Xbox Drives" but when I create an iso, same problem happens. I have a D-Link DI-604 4-port router & use FlashFXP if this helps solve the problem. Thanks

This post has been edited by RocafellaSqualie on Aug 2 2004, 09:28 PM

waltlove

• Archived User
Xbox-to-pc Transfer
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

Why not just plug the second hard drive into the xbox (Need a power Y adaptor) replacing the DVD drive... remember to keep the Yellow cable plugged into the DVD. Or do what I do use a second Xbox... running Avalaunch and connect from the file manager. But first options is best way.

RocafellaSqualie

• Archived User
Xbox-to-pc Transfer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »

What is a Y Adapter? Couldn't I unlock the hard drive that I want to copy all my games from, connect the unlocked hard drive to the PC along with the new bigger one (after I set in up in the xbox), then copy everything to the new one? Thanks, any help is appreciated.