xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Avalaunch Is Very Unstable Dont Use It Atm  (Read 627 times)

Anthrox

• Archived User
Avalaunch Is Very Unstable Dont Use It Atm
« on: July 22, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

i have been using Avalaunch for a while now gone thought a few version and i have to no end of problems with it crashing i love boostmode and many of the other great features

BUT CRASHING @ BOOT SUCKS

a few times now ive had mate xbox's and mine crash and fail @ boot sometime i just have time to upload evox before the i bring the evox CD out

i think the Avalaunch team needs to think about making the dashboard more stable for god sakes its only a dashboard we have many emulator on the xbox and they all seem very stable and emulation is not a fine art  and does crash systems but compared to Avalaunch the emulation would win in a stabliy contest

please fix the crashing problems or why even bother to make a dashboard

flame me all ya want but this is a real issue with this Dash from making it great

Daveid

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »

huh.gif Well, I'm pretty sure when I say that your view is one of a minoritory. Some people have experienced problems with Avalaunch that have lead to serious faults, but if used properly it works extremely well.

I have never had any problems with crashing at boot, and rarely at any other time.

It's very sad that you have encountered these problems, but you shouldn't take these to be the norm and put off other people.

africamagical

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

I kinda feel the same way, mine is stable at boot, but ftp isnt as stable as evox, and i get random issues, like my dvd drive wont allow me to boot from it after avalaunch has loaded.  The dvd has to be inthere before ava starts

dbldown768

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 08:15:00 AM »

Let me just be another to add that i never had any problems with my avalaunch.  I have had all the different versions, and to this date i haven't had any boot, ftp, or freezing problems.

I think most of the problems people run into are user error.  People receive/buy modded xboxes with no computer knowledge and just expect to use the software without knowing anything.  This isn't a MS dashboard.  If you are so confused by 3rd party dashes why not just use the MS dash with your mod chip.  I think all the people who spent their time writing these dashboards should be thanked - no matter which dash.

Anthrox

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »

its i problem that happen on many xbox i know of about 8 xbox all these xbox's are diff configs xbox chips X1, x2, flashed onboard bios, cheapmods modded month apart have a range of bios on them some old some new thought out all the version of xbox from about 1.0 to 1.4 (modded via 3-4 diff ppl)

we all started using ava around the same time using ava we had some problems then but it just gettin worst ad new version come out of ava

dbldown768 - yes I thank the Avalaunch team they have done a great job with there dashboard but they need to stop added stuff to the dash and go thought it a fix all the problems i know coding is hard but why make something that cant be used it' pointless

dbldown768

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

well Anthrox how computer liiterate are you?  Just a question, not ment to be rude.  Because i'd have to say a lot more people see avalaunch as being helpful then having a lot of bugs.  plus home much time do you spend on a dashboard?

Like i said... alot of people with problems aren't to computer savvy even if you are.  for example, there was a post in here with someone having a problem using the E: drive i think, but it turned out they didnt have the IDE cable in all the way.  his first statement was about how shitty avalaunch is, and it turned out not to even be thier fault.

This post has been edited by dbldown768 on Jul 22 2004, 04:43 PM

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

it's alpha, and we weren't kidding when we wrote that =)  Everything we learned on writing this dash will go into make the next ava core. We got like 20 main testers, and none of them could reproduce your error. Maybe it's not really ava's fault ?

Dasgooch

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

Before criticizing others Coding abilities why don't you work on your GRAMMER skills.  Seriously it took me 3 minutes to read your last post because the first paragraph is such a mess.  Personally Avalaunch is extremely stable for me.  I think if you are having problems with it you should go back to using Evox because it will suit the inner n00b that you are.

Intensecure

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

why don't you work on your GRAMMER skills

Or perhaps your GRAMMAR skills? Or spelling...or perhaps you had just watched an episode of Frasier?
Sorry, couldn't resist! wink.gif  wink.gif

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »

Hmmm...

Ava has crashed on me ZERO times at boot (for any version I've used).  In fact, I think the current version has crashed on me once that I can recall.  That happened when it was trying to connect to a skin server... and it might have eventually timed out, but I got tired of waiting for it so I did a reset.

The FTP has never failed me (except when I had DHCP enabled and didn't realize it :) ).

This post has been edited by Thraxen on Jul 23 2004, 02:20 AM

johnslayer

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »

Just thought I'd throw in my two Pence wink.gif  All I have to say is that Ava is by far the best dash I have ever used. The features alone make standout from the rest. And as for it being unstable and ruining xboxs, You can do far worse things to a comp with xp than you can to an xbox with ava if you are inexperienced ( not to name any names *cough*anthrox*cough*) and xp crashes more than ava does. What people don't understand is that at the end of the day these guys all work for free and it is really selfish to bitch about free shit. If you have a problem by all means post it in a constructive way, that will help the team and the community. Don't just be a dildo about it. Any way thanks again to the whole team and keep me in mind if you ever need another tester biggrin.gif .

crossdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »

mine is stable at boot, but ftp isnt as stable as evox

I've also noticed problems with the FTP.  I seem to get random time out errors during transfer.  I'm actually thinking of switching back to evox until .50 when they roll out the new ftp code.  It's definately still alpha but that's ok.

I used to have FTP problems with Evox before 3935 also, it was a bug associated with my version of x-box (1.1) which stopped ftp from working on any subsequent programs loaded (XBMP).  I'm guessing my ava ftp problem could just be a bug like that.

Definately still my favorite dash though.  Thanks for the good work.

punqewe

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 01:20:00 AM »

I now have 4 xbox's and all have the avalaunch dash.....I must be the lucky one cause I've never had a single crash on boot.

Staz

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 01:36:00 AM »

Dude. I have not had one problem.
Avalaunch Rocks!

Vegitto

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004, 02:40:00 AM »

Not a crash yet...And hopefully none to come ;D
Pages: [1] 2