xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Passoword Prompt In Avalaunch  (Read 633 times)

Seppuko_Panda

• Archived User
Passoword Prompt In Avalaunch
« on: June 23, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

Hi, I was just wondering if there was anyway to activate a password prompt at the time of boot for the xbox. This way, little brothers, little sisters, nosy parents, etc, have no way of looking at your Xbox. If this doesn't already exhist using Avalaunch, I'd reccommend it for a future upgrade. Of course, I don't know anything about programming so I have no idea how hard it would be. So, if it was simple enough, I think it should be done. Just a suggestion. Thanks for your time. (to anyone that reads this.)

BNO79

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (Seppuko_Panda @ Jun 24 2004, 06:33 AM)
Hi, I was just wondering if there was anyway to activate a password prompt at the time of boot for the xbox. This way, little brothers, little sisters, nosy parents, etc, have no way of looking at your Xbox. If this doesn't already exhist using Avalaunch, I'd reccommend it for a future upgrade. Of course, I don't know anything about programming so I have no idea how hard it would be. So, if it was simple enough, I think it should be done. Just a suggestion. Thanks for your time. (to anyone that reads this.)

I agree with you... I've promote UnleashX to my first dash for keep far of my xbox my little brother (he's very dangerous!)
Please give us the possibility to block Dash areas (games, apps, etc...) like UnleashX....I love AvaLaunch but at the moment I can't use it  sad.gif
BYEZ

Blade9123

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »

I was just thinking about this last night. Great idea!!

I would like the ability to be able to password protect individual games that are run from the hard drive as well, just so that my son and daughters cannot be launching games that they should not be.

Hopefully the Avalaunch team will see this post and add this ability.

Thanks

BNO79

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 04:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (Blade9123 @ Jun 24 2004, 10:53 AM)
I was just thinking about this last night. Great idea!!

I would like the ability to be able to password protect individual games that are run from the hard drive as well, just so that my son and daughters cannot be launching games that they should not be.

Hopefully the Avalaunch team will see this post and add this ability.

Thanks

I hope!!!  :beer:
Waiting for the next release...
BYEZ

Seppuko_Panda

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 08:04:00 AM »

So other people would like it? Thats cool. About induvidual game and program protection, i agree, that would be a good idea too.

Ichijoe

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

Yeah that would be cool if you could Child proof certin Games like:
DOAXBV: Nude Patch, BMX:XXX & any on local HDD Movies.

I know that there is a Feature on N. American XBOX's that can control Game content. But, that is only based on the ESRB Ratings System. Which is cool for anyone in the US / Can. But, there is no Videogames Ratings system here in Europe, to match the ESRB. So this could be a workaround.  

Blade9123

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

Ichijoe,

DOA Xtreme is a very good example, especially because I have the nude hack biggrin.gif

BEAUTIFUL!

Ichijoe

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »

Needless to say that Password protecting the sensitive EEPROM manipulateing funtions would be a good idea to. Not so much to protect the... (How to put this...?) kind of ppl who would most likely risk harm to there XBOX's, but rather to protect the XBOX from anyones Kid's, Cat's or Nosie Parents from trashing the EEPOM from the offset.

MikesTooLz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

Yes this can be done. i have had my xbox password protected for quite some time now. and posted replys here in the forums a few time to people asking how to do it. In fact i just posted how to do it as an alturnative to a keylodck mod yesterday. ill go see if i can find the url and post it here.

MikesTooLz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »

ok just read what i posted in HERE

tell me if you guys dont understand it or need help.

Seppuko_Panda

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »

That sounds good, except that im to lazy to do all that. I'd rather Avalaunch just had a way of doing that. Its just a matter of convenience, thats all.  

MikesTooLz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2004, 08:16:00 AM »

it would would be harder for them to add it in then for you to just  copy over an xbe file. dont be layzy and just do it.

Gtjays

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »

Lazy,

It probably take a week to write the code...
and this tut would take you less than 5 minutes....

If this team hasn't done enough for you.

MikesTooLz

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

for all you lazy people that dont do anything on your own i just started making a tutorial on password protecting your xbox (with pics ohmy.gif) ) and should have it ready by tonight.

mingwingming

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

I think Miketoolz tut is quite handy for locking out a complete xbox,  but most peeps would still like or only need the individual game or folder password as I mentioned in a post a week ago, my kids wont touch anything they dont know about but they will go for the games folder straight away..   Nimbles mentioned to me an app called YALX  which you can use to protect indivdual games and it works very well and I now use this unfortunately you have too mess about moving files into folders and renaming the .xbe   not a problem for myself,  but most of my customers are Lazy, Stupid or dare`nt screw their Xbox up, so wont entertain fiddling.. shame but true..

So again put me on the yes list for EASY game password protection within the avadash smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2