xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What Tool To Backup Your Games To HD?  (Read 1249 times)

WiSo

• Archived User
What Tool To Backup Your Games To HD?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »

dvd2xbox is a file ripper/manager not a media player. I could add these functionality but XBMC has it and does a much better job. Additional it costs performance which I would like to have for other features related to ripping.

Look here for a feature description.

Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »

tongue.gif

KJDK

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

smile.gif

kiodi

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2004, 09:12:00 AM »

i use dvd2xbox and have no probs at all, i used to use HD loader but had some probs backing up newer titles.

coltxL2717

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »

Well, I tried using boxplorer to back up games but since I'm running the font exploit the drive said i only had an 11mb video file.  Same with the audio exoploit.  So then I moved to dvd2xbox and tried ripping there but had the same issue.  Does Avalaunch's disc copy work with any of the exploits.  I've been using evo-x and I am currently fiding that Avalaunch dash is much better.

enginenerd

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2004, 07:23:00 AM »

you should try unleashx, it's very easy.

dali71

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (sasamaes @ Apr 16 2004, 03:18 PM)
Excuse my ignorance, but... Is there any problem about using just an FTP program?

Ok, you want to copy the game to the Xbox HDD, but when you want it copied to your PC so you make de ISO and burn it... Is it bad idea to use just FlashFXP?

I'm wandering if there is any inconvenience about it (files wrong copied, etc...).

Thanks.

The best way to make an iso of a game on your Xbox HDD is by using Qwix, as it is MUCH faster and creates the iso on your pc as it is transferring from the Xbox, thereby eliminating an extra step that you would have with FlashFXP.

sasamaes

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (dali71 @ Apr 17 2004, 09:05 PM)
The best way to make an iso of a game on your Xbox HDD is by using Qwix, as it is MUCH faster and creates the iso on your pc as it is transferring from the Xbox, thereby eliminating an extra step that you would have with FlashFXP.

Yes but... I've read from one of the of the members of ISOCraxtion team that Qwix doesn't make REAL Xbox iso's, but a sort of it, wich some times generates errors when burning/loading/playing... So I'm using ISOCraxtion by now, and that means FTPing the contents of the game DVD to my PC... unsure.gif

luma

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

when i setup xboxes for my friends i always set pxhddloader as the default game copy utility.  it's directory structure requirements suck eggs, but nothing beats it for one button game management.  it will tell you how big the game in the drive is, how much space you have left, and lets you delete other games to make space with a single button - easy enough even for my stoner friends.  most of these guys don't have/use computers, so ftp is straight out.

personally, i use qwix to copy games to my hdd and manage game w/ flashfxp.

grug

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

I switched from dvd2xbox to Complex Tools because it copied Bond properly whereas dvd2xbox didn't.

I install Complex Tools on friends machines (ie those without computers) because, like PxHDDLoader, it'll tell you how big the game is, how much space you have left, and lets you delete  games, but doesn't suck with the directory structure and patches files and the like.

Theres no reason to use PxHDDLoader when there are better alternatives.

fin1581

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2004, 03:31:00 AM »

DVD2XBox...simple and reliable

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

dvd2xbox

thewitness

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2004, 06:22:00 PM »

uhh.gif

justin1695

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

Hi, I am having problems puting DVD2Xbox on my F: and getting it to launch. I downloaded and unzipped the folder, but there doesnt seem to be a .xbe file, so it wont launch. can some one help me out? and i tried searching, but its down. thanks

shan_mj

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2004, 07:14:00 AM »

wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4