xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What Tool To Backup Your Games To HD?  (Read 1247 times)

2huge

• Archived User
What Tool To Backup Your Games To HD?
« on: March 31, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »

I was just wondering what other Ava users use to back up their games to their HD. I've never had a problem just using the Ava dash running an X.B.I.T with X2 4981.06. Is there any reason I should use one of the other tools?

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »

Dont use avalaunch but voted anyway. DVD2XBOX  smile.gif

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 09:54:00 AM »

Xcommander

para[android]

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 09:05:00 PM »

hdddloader...never had a bad copy, but i do hate the folder structure.....

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

I don't see anything that compares to DVD2Xbox.  It names the folder from the XBE title, simple to change the folder name just in case, it automatically patches (not that it's really needed with anything of a new BIOS), and it is one of the few applications that receives continuous updates.  Plus now with the ability to copy to a network share, it's even nicer.  Sure other things will copy it over, but with this you hit two buttons and you're done (for the most part, unless re-naming is involved).  Then again, all the programs get the files to the HD the same way, so it's whatever your cup of tea is.  wink.gif

addyb

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

I use HDD loader  on my avalaunch, is there any point me installing DVD2Xbox?  Ive heard good things about it, but ive been quite happy with HDD loader but always looking for improvement.  I agre i hate the layout of HDD loader!

enginenerd

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

i was using ava dash, but i think unleashX does it a little easier.  you can backup an entire disc without selecting individual files.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (addyb @ Apr 1 2004, 11:09 AM)
I use HDD loader  on my avalaunch, is there any point me installing DVD2Xbox?  Ive heard good things about it, but ive been quite happy with HDD loader but always looking for improvement.  I agre i hate the layout of HDD loader!

dvd2xbox does the same thing as hddloader but without that crap confusing layout... so why use hddloader at all?  i see no reason.

LooSeGoD

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

Would prefer to use Ava but i has a tendancy to shit itself and stop there .. where as Dvd2Xbox reports files not copied and only stops if there is a major disk read error  :unsure:

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2004, 06:14:00 AM »

i use dvd2xbox as i know this app spits out whatever error it encounters.
back in the days of the matrix game there was alot of fuss about copying the game deue to the long filenames.
Most of the apps world report a 100% backup but would actually have failed to copy over the files (with the long filenames).

atleast dvd2xbox reports errors when it encounters one.

so for backup to hdd i use dvd2xbox
for browsing the hdd i use boxplorer or somethimes the buildin browser but i like boxplorer the most.

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

Never used Ava for this purpose (I do love the dash and the built in File Manager/FTP though).  DVD2Xbox is the best I've used and I've tried the vast majority of options.  It is so nice and smooth at this point - great functionality.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »

DVD2Xbox.  Wiso is the man   beerchug.gif

drleephd

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2004, 04:20:00 AM »

Hddloader. I've just always done it that way.

seems a lot of ppl like dvd2xbox so i'll try it out. I have it on my box, when I originally got it, I though it was just for dvd movies. Never really messed with it much.

lamrith

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (Aron Parsons @ Apr 1 2004, 06:52 AM)
Plus now with the ability to copy to a network share, it's even nicer.

What is this about copying a network share??  what do you mean by that, it will copy off my PC HDD??  fill me in please..

JoePo

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »

I used HDDLoader then switched to Complex Tools.  Complex tools looks cool, and it lets you Listen to your music while the disc is copying.  You can also delete games, launch games, and do some other things I haven't tried like extracting xbox iso's from the the HDD.  

The only problem with complex is that you have to go into the ini file if you want to tell it to patch xbe's.  I had to change the setting so that it would apply a patch to Ninja Gaiden.  The whole reason I tried it out in the first place was because Hddloader doesn't patch (to my knowledge), and NG needed a patch.  So then I thought I could just leave the patching setting on so it automatically patches all my games, but unfortunately some games don't work if complex tools patches them. (Namely Wolfenstein and Deus Ex).  So it's a slight pain to have to reFTP the ini file over so that it knows to patch or not to patch (But i'm guessing 80% of games will copy correctly either way).  A simply menu setting to turn patching on/off would have been a nice addition to this app.  

I also have dvd2xbox but haven't used it.  Since everyone thinks its so good, I'll have to try it.  Can't play music in dvd2xbox though can you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4