xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Defragmenter?  (Read 1107 times)

Nailbunny

• Archived User
Defragmenter?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2004, 04:30:00 AM »

I would die for a defragmenter after the reorganizing I did these past few days.

jo77

• Archived User
Defragmenter?
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »

I  think your onto something there Bob that would solve the issue of space needed for a database/drive map whilst defragging

... I wouldn't care if it took all night even but defragging is definately needed.

after filling my 160gig and then deleting and replacing only 3 or 4 games I have noticed my load times on quite a few games have increased significantly.

no doubt the boffins here will sort it out in the long run...

and speed up the game menu load times which are way too slow at 6 - 7 secs.

the joker

• Archived User
Defragmenter?
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2004, 02:20:00 AM »

hmmm..  that is actually quite an interesting thought. We'll talk a little on this one, good thinking.

AE6689

• Archived User
Defragmenter?
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

Yes this would be a great feature if implimented.

Puskas

• Archived User
Defragmenter?
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

dont remember exactly but I think ntfs filled/used the whole drive before using deleted space, im not saying fatX is based on ntfs, just that it worked that way... =) unless Im wrong...

since the hd was supposed to be used as CACHE for games writing and deleting files they must have thought about defragmentation, but maybe that wasnt an issue anyway, since only one games was cached ??

DIE-HARD

• Archived User
Defragmenter?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

no NTFS is not as bad as FAT but it is still very poor when it comes to orginizing the data. if you are running xp and use ntfs when your computer goes idle it does an auto online defrag so every time you walk away from your computer for a while it is defraging. but if you have apps running it cant move any part of the data you are using so it can actually cause more fragmentation. ( ever wonder why your HDD light is blinking and you hear your harddrive grinding away when you arent using your computer!

but yes if the xbox could dfrag and sort by Games that would help keep the load times down.

skorchir

• Archived User
Defragmenter?
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »

ohmy.gif

http://skorchir.homelinux.org/FRAG.JPG

This is one of my drives that take a lot of stress. Xbox game isos get packed, unpacked and pretty much they come in and out of this drive a lot.

Now that is some serious fragmentation. I can imagine how bad the xbox is, probly just as bad  laugh.gif

moistness

• Archived User
Defragmenter?
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (skorchir @ Apr 1 2004, 11:00 PM)
Speaking of fragmentation take a look at this  ohmy.gif

This is one of my drives that take a lot of stress. Xbox game isos get packed, unpacked and pretty much they come in and out of this drive a lot.

Now that is some serious fragmentation. I can imagine how bad the xbox is, probly just as bad  laugh.gif

ohmy.gif fuck! ohmy.gif

AE6689

• Archived User
Defragmenter?
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

Speaking of fragmentation take a look at this 

Now that is some serious fragmentation. I can imagine how bad the xbox is, probly just as bad 

That is pretty impressive.  If my xbox is that bad then I don't even see how it runs. ohmy.gif

dcd1182

• Archived User
Defragmenter?
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (DIE-HARD @ Mar 25 2004, 04:51 AM)
if you are running xp and use ntfs when your computer goes idle it does an auto online defrag so every time you walk away from your computer for a while it is defraging.

hook me up with whatever you're smoking
Pages: 1 [2]