xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Avalaunch 0.46  (Read 1115 times)

^Blazed^

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« on: June 08, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »

**** changelog 0.46 ****

- Added DVD icon as a part of the main menu
- Fixed a bug in the screensaver. Now you can also deactivate the screensaver using a keyboard.
- Fixed another input-related bug. Keyboards didn't work if there were no controllers attached.
- Added fast scrolling in the menus. Press right trigger to speed up the menu scrolling.
- Fixed so that when pressing back in auto added sub lists the previous menu will be activated (not the main menu)
- Fixed some spanish translations
- Added special support for FTP clients that "forgets" to create dirs before uploading.  
- Removed FATX2
- Added FATX3 createdir
- Added FATX3 createfile
- Added FATX3 open file     fileformat : abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234~1234567.ext
- Added FATX3 Findfirst-series calls
- Added FATX3 load database function as init
- Added FATX3 char PossibleToCreateThisFile( char *filenameWithPath ) for the mofo ftp-clients
- Fixed FATX3 error that prevented uploading of new identical files - but ended up as a "identical file" in same dir.  looks weird with 10 identical files in same dir btw
- Fixed FATX3 dupe problem, caused it to never overwrite if same filename found in root dir.
- Added FATX3 renaming.  Atm it will only work if you rename in "legal" dirs (short dirs)  fixing soon
- Added FATX3 deleting of both file and dir
- Optimized network settings so we might get some higher transferspeeds, seen variated results tho, 5400 -> 8200 uploadspeeds
- Now wait's half a second more before launching applications - thx to skorchir we found that this have something to do with the LED color changing prior to launching
- (seems that some XBox's need this extra pause)
- Added SITE UNZIP <zipfile> command to FTP server (to unzip the given file in the current folder)
- Added SITE REFRESH command to FTP server (to refresh the menus)
- Changed all gfx's to.png except for the backdrops
- Fixed 'scroll-bug' when displaying list of save games when list returned many elements
- Fixed possible crash-bug upon launching games
- Added NTSC-J support, thanks to Docky99 for the eeprom he sendt so we could get the ntsc-j info out
- Added support for MOD, XM, S3M and IT, thanks to Lantus - r0xx0r   =)
- Added Drive-Formatting to the utils - but it's been disabled until we get a proper UI for it / made installdisk that creates filesystem.
- Added proxy support
- Added playlist auto-randomizer, uses time of day as seed for always unique lists.
- Added file manager that does background downloading so that you can do some irc/telnet stuff while waiting
-      (for those of you that want to keep your old XML file, just add the following line to the menu part of it):
-      <item presetname="File manager" function="FileManager"/>
- Added 'Extract to current folder...' to the file manager when you have selected a ZIP file
- Changed the font used in the popup menu's
- took out MP3 playback due to complaints
- Threaded the splash to allow faster bootups, even tho it's not likely
- Added a bit more extensive check for where it's started from.  Looks for what drive the xml-file is located
- Moved network setup from thread to eventsystem - and made evensystem be the one that launches the ftp after ip is setup properly
- Did a driveletter bugfix that enables avalaunch to boot from all drives

sincerely,
Team Avalaunch  

Morglum

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 08:17:00 PM »

Does this mean 0.46 will be released within the next few days? Please say yes, then i can finally leave Evo-X behind forever  tongue.gif  BTW Lots of nice changes and fixes listed i see, well done  cool.gif

Jse

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 08:32:00 PM »

nice work im glad we all bugged you on irc for this release tongue.gif

m0000

Jse

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »

Morglum it's out

Morglum

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2003, 08:36:00 PM »

It is? WOOHOO, im gonna go get it right now  laugh.gif

mxlegend99

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2003, 12:05:00 AM »

My keyboard stopped working with this new version.... has anyone else had this? I also cant seem to get an MP3 to play, but i havent even tried to correct it really, i am more bothered by my keyboard not working sad.gif

I had 0.45 for so long before i knew it even used Keyboards LOL, and now that i upgrade, they stopped working.... And it made editing it so much easier. cool.gif

bucket61

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2003, 12:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (^Blazed^ @ Jun 9 2003, 05:06 AM)
**** changelog 0.46 ****

- took out MP3 playback due to complaints
- Threaded the splash to allow faster bootups, even tho it's not likely
- Added a bit more extensive check for where it's started from.  Looks for what drive the xml-file is located

sincerely,
Team Avalaunch

They took out the mp3 playback

mxlegend99

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2003, 12:34:00 AM »

hehe yeah... why is the MP3 option still there than?

This post has been edited by mxlegend99: Jun 9 2003, 08:01 AM

Gilrim

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2003, 02:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (mxlegend99 @ Jun 9 2003, 09:27 AM)

- Added support for MOD, XM, S3M and IT, thanks to Lantus - r0xx0r =)
...guess what

Ubergeek

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2003, 02:18:00 AM »

well done to TJ and Blazed

can't wait to see that 0.47 i know is coming wink.gif

Scorpy

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2003, 02:37:00 AM »

So .47 will have the defrag? I hate the fact that they are trying to make an all in one application. any normal programmer would have made 'codules' or 'add ins' for the dashboard. or jsut made a sterdy dash and seperate programs.

I do hope they release the defragger and checkdsk as stand alones i love the excuse that i uses alot of its ava's modules ect... im sure if htey realy tried they could pump out a singular version i mean ... i bet they have thought of the classic 'MS monopily' before and now look at what there doing.

Flame away now kiddes, i dont bother to read your noob replies. This is MY opinion. It may differ from yours and it may be very harsh since they are putting alot fo time into it. I repect all the coders in ava i jsut think since they got the popularity they have changed in political standpoint... much like xbmp did. Sigh. Much like bunnie will when MS gives him 15mil to join his ranks (i know this wont happen becuase there is better hackers out there but still you get my point).

lucas

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2003, 02:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (Gilrim @ Jun 9 2003, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (mxlegend99 @ Jun 9 2003, 09:27 AM)

- Added support for MOD, XM, S3M and IT, thanks to Lantus - r0xx0r =)
...guess what

its not really mp3 though, is it?

Gilrim

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2003, 02:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (Scorpy @ Jun 9 2003, 11:30 AM)
So .47 will have the defrag? I hate the fact that they are trying to make an all in one application. any normal programmer would have made 'codules' or 'add ins' for the dashboard. or jsut made a sterdy dash and seperate programs.

I do hope they release the defragger and checkdsk as stand alones i love the excuse that i uses alot of its ava's modules ect... im sure if htey realy tried they could pump out a singular version i mean ... i bet they have thought of the classic 'MS monopily' before and now look at what there doing.

Flame away now kiddes, i dont bother to read your noob replies. This is MY opinion. It may differ from yours and it may be very harsh since they are putting alot fo time into it. I repect all the coders in ava i jsut think since they got the popularity they have changed in political standpoint... much like xbmp did. Sigh. Much like bunnie will when MS gives him 15mil to join his ranks (i know this wont happen becuase there is better hackers out there but still you get my point).

who are you to even have a opinion about ava? TJ have explained his reasons for not releasing the scnadisk/defragger as a stanalone app, and theyr reasnoble. It comes down to the defragger using tons of low-level code used in ava, and extracting that to a spereate app would take quite long. And what do you mean with the sentance 'i bet they have thought of the classic 'MS monopily' before and now look at what there doing.'? Are they in any way, by any means stopping twats like yourself from making your own defragger? I think not.

oh, and writing stuff like 'Flame away now kiddes, i dont bother to read your noob replies' makes you look so mature... your bitching about you being allowed to say your opoinion, and you won't even listen to what others might think of them? omg

stfu plz? go die

mtangolics

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2003, 02:54:00 AM »

Seriously, I'm tired of hearing people bitch about how they don't like how one group is doing something.  BE HAPPY THAT THIS GROUP IS ACTUALLY DOING THIS.  Cause god knows you could never do anything close to it...

Georgyo

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.46
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2003, 03:36:00 AM »

Very nice, I am thinking of what 1.0 will have. We started at .40, and they already added so much. When it hits 1.0, its going to be a superdash.

Even if evox started now, with adding features, I don't think it can add up to this steamtrain (with jet rockets working on nitrogen fule).

Keep up the suppeior work.

This post has been edited by Georgyo: Jun 9 2003, 10:37 AM
Pages: [1] 2