xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Do You Do The Most With Your Xbox 360?  (Read 668 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
What Do You Do The Most With Your Xbox 360?
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »

Curious what you guys are currently doing on your 360's.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »

A few months back I got my first new 360 console since 2009. Nice unit. Sleek and quiet. Jumped on Live and started playing Reach and Gears of War 3.

I don't do Netflix on my console, but that is only because I have a PC with XBMC permanently connect via HDMI to the TV, and it also has Netflix setup.

I don't really socialize at all with it. Not fond of the Facebook integration.

garyopa

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »

Play games. -- But 'offline ones' -- Not really into the multi-player online stuff, makes no sense to me.

I rather chill in person with my friends, we throw up the 300" screen, grab something like NHL, some beers and have a good time shooting the puck and talking shit, and getting drunk.

That is true multi-player.

I guess I am old-school when it comes to gaming. -- Even single-player ones don't have to be boring by yourself, invite some friends over, and play a good game together, if you die your friend takes over, or a two-player racing game, take turns, see whom drives better, etc.

All this online stuff, just extra, not really needed.

As for media, only time I used an Xbox for media was the Xbox 1 and XBMC, otherwise I run a HDMI cable to my PC and enjoy it directly, no messing with files, usb sticks, and network setups.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »

mostly play forza, gots me a steering wheel with force feedback just for my forza games so yeah thats what i do..
I dont play asmuch since the baby arrived, and havent paid for a xbl subscription since she was about a month old. So i dont play on it much at all now.
Its just a old jasper system, havent even botherd to flash the drive. not in to all that stuff for the 360 lol, which is suprizing as i have flashed lots of drives for other, and considering what i do to the classic xbox.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »

I miss the days when I had a projector and could split-screen across the wall. NoRemorse back in the day got me into using the projector. Swore by it for many years.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »

Mine gets used for single player gaming and that's about it. I'm not big on multiplayer gaming these days. I recently decided not to renewed my Gold sub. First time in 5 years! Party chat and the fact nobody ever uses their mics anymore really killed it for me. I still buy lots of games for the system but mostly just for single player campaign. I also still rock the HD-DVD drive which I use every now and then  biggrin.gif . I stocked up on unwanted movies when the format died  tongue.gif .

All my HD media needs are now handled by my tiny Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2. Smaller than a pack of cigs and it plays everything I throw at it in 1080p without even getting warm. My fully modded XBMC original Xbox sits just underneath it as a reminder of how things used to be  biggrin.gif .

Code-Red

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Jun 5 2012, 05:38 PM) View Post
Party chat and the fact nobody ever uses their mics anymore really killed it for me.

Agreed. Xbox Live doesn't feel like it used to. I remember playing Call of Duty 2, having rooms full of Aussies, Americans, British... it was almost like a party. We'd all be talking, shooting the shit about world events/movies/games/etc. Now, if you're lucky to find someone with a mic, it's a 5 year old smack talking on COD MW15 saying how he's going to "pwn your mother".

I mainly use my Xbox for Youtube and the occasional match of Battlefield 3 with friends. Other than that, I've gone back to PC gaming. Right now I'm working on ressurecting one of my softmods, to go along with the other 3 Xbox's I have... going to make a mini-LAN setup in my apartment for some old school Xbox gaming.