xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Will You Buy The Kinect?  (Read 2823 times)

chino763

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2010, 08:08:00 AM »

I bought one at launch and I just know it's going to be something that gets used twice a year when people are over, yet it's going to sell a lot based on the WOW factor of the first 5 minutes people see it. The thing is, you pull it out of the box, connect it up, and it seems amazing love.gif Then after a couple hours, you start to realize that as advanced as it is (and I won't deny that it's a cool piece of technology) that it is limited in control sad.gif . It's just like the Wii in the sense that you play it at someones house for an hour and think you have to have one cause it's so cool, and when you get one you don't play it nearly as much as you thought you would because it just doesn't have that lasting factor.

This will probably go over like a lead weight, but I must say that I own the "Move" and the "Kinect" and I love playing my "Move" more. I bought both of them on the day they were sold. 2 1/2 months later, I still play the Move all the time, and less than a month into the Kinect I only play it when my girlfriend wants to play. I'm not going to say that one is better than the other cause it's a little like comparing apples and oranges. Actually, I've made the comparison that it's quantity vs. quality. The Kinect has the quantity in the fact that you have control of both your hands and both legs all the time not to mention it can track your head and full body movement. But the Move has quality controls that make it super competitive. I for one would love it if the two were meshed together (i.e. the Kinect gets a good controller or the move updates it's camara system). But for right now I use my Kinect for party fun, and I use my Move for serious FPS gameplay with MAG and Sports Champions is really competitive fun aslo (it should be an online game which is it's only downfall). I won't deny that both systems will live or die by the games that are made for it, but the as the systems stand the way they are now, if you play both for a good period of time, the Move will appeal to you more as a serious gamer, and the Kinect will appeal more to the Wii/fun gamer.

scorpionrecords

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »

I put no because my friends got kinect and I got jasper hacked.

spilberg

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(itoktoeatfish @ Oct 28 2010, 08:31 PM) View Post

i bet in 6 or 9 months the price will drop then I might get one and there should more games and maybe 1 or 2 hardcore games out.

Thats it

Artlover

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(amak1131 @ Nov 10 2010, 11:44 PM) View Post

Nope. I have a feeling it will end up like the Wii: 90% shovelware.

Ditto.

The whole problem with all motion control systems is that most REAL games are simply not possible because you need to beable to perform more actions at once then motion control is able to allow for. Hence why the only games on systems like the Wii where it even remotely works half way decent is the same slop bucket of sport/party/sword/fitness/dance games (and if one looks at the lineup of current and upcomming Kinect games, guess what most of them are). Sure, in those kinds of games it works well enough. But the rest of the games play like crap because of that limitation. Look at Red Steel 2 for example, you can look/aim OR swing your sword, not both. Yeah, f'in brilliant; NOT. Could you imagine if Halo played in a simmilar manor like that: Right stick aim or Left Trigger + Right stick Up to fire gun/Right stick Down to throw grenade, release trigger to aim again, repeat.  dry.gif  'course the Wii still managed to put buttons and a stick in your hands too, which was a slight help, but with this you just have two empty hands. How exactly do I go about running as I'm turning around, aiming, jumping backwards and throwing a grenade at the same time?  uhh.gif Oh right, there won't be any real games that would allow/require you to have to do anything like that for it.

What really sucks is that some of the games that allow the use of it as an option, like Fable 3, are sucky to play even with a real controller because the game interface had to be dumbed down to be compatable. Tho that is more the fault of the game for not supporting different controllers independantly, instead rather obviously, starting with kinect controlls as a base and hobbling real controller input on top of that. I pray other "compatable" games get it right.

Stupid gimicky BS that largely only appeals to the fickle casual gamer minority that will just as quickly move on to the next dumb-ass limited-use shiny object someone comes out with down the road. Comming 2012 the Ear Wiggle followed by the Fart Plug with pack-in game Virtual Trumpet.  sleep.gif

Renee

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2010, 02:56:00 AM »

Im getting it in a Bundle - Still waiting for it atm though - out of stock  dry.gif

Jeppe99

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2010, 08:10:00 AM »

I bought a Kinect some weeks ago.
Tried every game there is so far on my J-Tag box and I must say this piece of tech is
the most amacing thing I tried.
Have played some move over at a friends house but this is hole new ball game.
I never thought it would work so well.

Nuff said, try for yourslef.

MidnightFC3S

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »

There's no way I'd buy something that openly spies on me.

ca102455

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »

Quite frankly I cant see the attraction of jumping around the place to control a game. For me gaming is about relaxing on the sofa with a gamepad in my hand not jumping aound my front room to control what look like so far pretty basic games.

Amazing as it is it does not interest me & never will. As far as an exercise tool its no more usefull than a keep fit video from the 1980's.

If you want exercise go out in the real world & get a life......

jcarvalho

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »

Well, it depends, my ten years old daughter loves to jump around the place to control the game. this kinect was build (I think) to a specific market that Wii has, the young ones. The interactivity it is a priority, not the hd graphics.

Dirvance

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »

I played at and was not impressed. Im 6'3" and i had to stand so far back from the damn thing to get it to register properly that you better have a big tv or else its pointless.

As many have said before me i don't wanna simulate real life when if i wanna go play basketball i can just go to my court and do so. Its not capable of taking me to the next gen of cool hands free gaming because it can sense everything i can do at once. If anyone has played boxing on anyone of these systems it should be clear. I'm training in MMA and there is no way my little sister should be able to beat me....all she does is flail away like crazy and wins every time.

Kinect me somewhere else and keep your fancy webcam/infared reader.

sinclairuser

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »

quite simply not a chance in hell WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER MS PRODUCT thats my first and main reason.
another reason is it'll probably flop wanna know why lots of game titles are regurgatated basically between titles and formats very few games are really "NEW' and look at history in gaming its never the best that wins only the first
 and im afraid nintendo wii got there first look at the ps3 only crap games that retards play use motion controllers i predict the same thing will happen to this sorry if this is unpallatable to hardcore x360 users but i think this is more about dashes and jtags than moition controllers ive allready read that the kinect dash probably wont be able to run on jtags and that my friends is what this device is all about  mad.gif
p.s. if the new version of forza say incorperates this conntroller are REAL gamers gonna use a biscuit tin lid or their ms wheel? ok maybe once for the gimmick factor but for proper gameplay no chance!
can anyone really imagine playing bad company2 on this thing no of course not!

This post has been edited by sinclairuser: Jan 9 2011, 06:36 PM

EvanVanVan

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2011, 06:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Jan 9 2011, 12:19 PM) *

quite simply not a chance in hell WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER MS PRODUCT thats my first and main reason.
another reason is it'll probably flop wanna know why lots of game titles are regurgatated basically between titles and formats very few games are really "NEW' and look at history in gaming its never the best that wins only the first
 and im afraid nintendo wii got there first look at the ps3 only crap games that retards play use motion controllers i predict the same thing will happen to this sorry if this is unpallatable to hardcore x360 users but i think this is more about dashes and jtags than moition controllers ive allready read that the kinect dash probably wont be able to run on jtags and that my friends is what this device is all about  mad.gif
p.s. if the new version of forza say incorperates this conntroller are REAL gamers gonna use a biscuit tin lid or their ms wheel? ok maybe once for the gimmick factor but for proper gameplay no chance!
can anyone really imagine playing bad company2 on this thing no of course not!

uhh...what? couple things, first a flop? it's sold 8 million units (3 million more then microsofts own expectations) and is a helluva lot of fun... secondly, jtags support kinect (and its dash 2.0.12611.0) as i said, its a helluva lot of fun... At first I thought this might be an older post.. but freeBoot 12611 has been out for a long time before your jan 9 post..

1hotjob

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »

I bought one on a whim just because Wal-Mart had one in stock before Thanksgiving. I figured I would try it out and if I didn't like it, I would give it to my granddaughter for Christmas. We love it. I went and bought her one for Christmas.

I like the bowling on sports, but can't wait for the Brunswick Bowling to come out. My wife likes the Zumba.

I like the fact that I can get a little exercise while having fun. It won't replace getting outside and getting "real" game play and exercise, but it is good at what it does.

As for hard core gamers, sure, they may not enjoy it. I do envision a weapon controller for getting into a FPS. maybe not as hardcore as MW2 and Black Ops, but maybe Rainbow 6 type games.

My 12 year old granddaughter won four games of boxing against four different opponents in back to back games. Just ask her if that wasn't exercise!

Bottom line, I love it. It works on my JTAG system just fine. I recommend it to everyone that asks.

cornz

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »

Oh for FS.
Dear MS, how about a mouse and a fucking keyboard!!!!
Krapect is 3 years too late, has piss poor dull Wii like games and is an exotic but pointless peripheral.
MOUSE and KEYBOARD please.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(cornz @ Jan 21 2011, 09:53 AM) View Post

Oh for FS.
Dear MS, how about a mouse and a fucking keyboard!!!!
Krapect is 3 years too late, has piss poor dull Wii like games and is an exotic but pointless peripheral.
MOUSE and KEYBOARD please.

BUY A PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5