xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Will You Buy The Kinect?  (Read 2704 times)

Ic3l0rd

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 05:44:00 AM »

I'm not. I thought of it when i first saw the first few promos, like scaning the skateboard, talking with Milo or the Old fighting man, but what i saw pracitcly, it's technology is older than PS2 EyeToy.
Short answer: Not buying it.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »

No.

if i wanted that type of gaming i would probably get a Wii.

but either way... is there even anything out that's good for that Kinect crap?

mr.yoda

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »

No i wont buy.No need for for another wii clone shit.

Yamthief

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »

In my opinion £130 is way too much money for the device. Maybe once it drops or when some better games are available i'll change my tune...

oddbalz

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »

Kinect is on a whole different level than the Wii. I have yet to try Move, but I imagine that's more like the Wii whereas Kinect is something completely unique. I was able to walk in and pick one up yesterday (they seemed to have a lot so sorry to the guy who preordered 5.. I think they made enough product for launch for once). It works way better than I thought it would, I had no problems at all, and it really makes you move - unlike Wii.

spinr34

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2010, 01:07:00 AM »

i think a lot of you guys are discrediting Kinect before even trying it.

yes, the price is high.
yes, you need some space to play.
yes, direct sunlight on the player will cause tracking trouble.

after that, it works as advertised. and the only one of those three variables that will change is price (lower over time). i've played games with eyetoy and the xbox vision camera. kinect is on a different level. with kinect, tracking is much more accurate (thanks to the IR), and you have to remember that games don't have to be totally kinect centric. you can build a normal experience with kinect integration. a simple example i've used in the past is, imagine playing rockband like you usually would but, if you have kinect, your on-screen player will move like you do. while that isn't 'ground-breaking' or worth the $150, it's a simple example of how kinect can be used other than gimmick gesture games. i'm sure there are developers who are much more creative than i am and will find interesting ways to utilize kinect.

i don't know what most of you people expect. or maybe you guys just want something to complain about. but, after using kinect for the last couple days, i'm pretty sure it can have a place in the future and won't end up in the bargin bin. microsoft has put a lot of money into it and is standing behind it. this isn't something they're going to let go, at least, not easily.

Jinkz

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 04:42:00 AM »

I'm only getting it simply because my mums getting it me for Christmas (I know, i'm 26, with a kid, missus and a house, and I haven't lived with her for years but i'm spoilt!)

Galvatron898

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »

Agreed with most everyone else, I want one but 150 bucks, especially going into the holidays.  Just too rich for me ATM

maniac007

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »

Got my Kinect today, moved my lounge around so I could use it properly, as I have a HD Projector at the back of the room, with the Amp, 360 etc, but the wires werent long enough on the connect sad.gif Spent an hour dragging things around, set it up, and was gutted. The projector interferes with the IR :/ PLUS I am in the way fo the screen - dammit, should have thought of that! PMSL

So another hour putting it all back and wired it up to the 50" plasma instead - and I have to say its brilliant :-) I did realise that I'm not as fit as I was a few years ago - 20 minutes of smacking balls and I needed a sit down tongue.gif

Great fun and tbh, for such cutting edge technology I dont think £130 is too much!

amak1131

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »

Nope. I have a feeling it will end up like the Wii: 90% shovelware.

SupaDawg

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2010, 12:31:00 AM »

I know it's en vogue to trash on microsoft around these parts nowadays, but I will most certainly be getting one.

A friend of mine picked one up at launch and is in love with it. If for noting else, the menu navigation via voice commands and motion is great, and auto-sign in of players in front of the xbox? Brilliant.

I'm sold. Just waiting for the semester to end, but I'm sold.

seanr28

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2010, 03:52:00 AM »

I got one friday evening and I must say I'm very impressed, makes the Wii look like a complet pile of rubbish! I was never a fan of the wii anyway though!  State of the art and the kids love it, and so do I.....great family fun for sure.

dschu012

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »

Bought one launch day. Have had fun playing with it, however I don't have a lot of space in my current living situation, and it seems to have trouble seeing my full body (6'4") when I am about 7 feet away from it.

Knasen

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »

There should be an alternative "already bought one"  I like mine alot smile.gif

Jacob24

• Archived User
Will You Buy The Kinect?
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »

had kinect for a week now and i love it. Im a hard core gamer but i dont mind getting off my ass and having abit of fun with friends and family. and literally all my friends have commented on how it is so much better than the wii.

Also just to add a chappy earlyer said that the tech is as old as the eye toy, i just wish he realises how wrong he is, the tech is completely different than the eye toy, some of the best tech around and i think £130 isnt a bad price for it!

Also just to add, online play is Very good fun! Table tennis anyone????

This post has been edited by Jacob24: Nov 24 2010, 12:43 AM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5