xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How Did You Homebrew Your 360?  (Read 1861 times)

hessec

• Archived User
How Did You Homebrew Your 360?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »

I grew kind of impatient for Jasper 512MB homebrew and updated so I could start playing new games.
Then it was released like 4 days later lol

I just hope the homebrew gods are smiling down upon us and a new exploit is somehow found.

papercut193

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 02:06:00 AM »

I just flashed XBR to my 360 and damn I'm happy to now be a part of the homebrew scene!

Guy Montag

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »

I flashed my xbox with XBR 3 and I love it.  I now have a 320gb drive attached where the old 20gb used to be plus a 1TB external USB drive hooked up with all of my games.  WOOT!

gsmiley

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2010, 01:36:00 AM »

Finally homebrew on Xbox 360 and I'm terrified to solder. I can't see buying a system just to mess it up. I plan on getting another xbox 360 just for homebrew and leave my elite alone. With the xbox 360, it was so easy to install without the soldering, but avoided the 360 scene altogether. I'm just waiting for a super video tutorial to build my confidence or an easy way to do it. I still play my xbox 1 for my emu needs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by gsmiley: Jan 17 2010, 09:37 AM

phantitox

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »

it will be awesome some video player application for mkv support or .srt subtitle support like the old xbox   tongue.gif

Demobot

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »

For now, I will never mod my 360 because it is lame compared to what you could do with the original Xbox. If you want to pirate games then go right ahead. But for me running linux and turning my 360 into a better multimedia machine than the original Xbox is a loftier goal than just pirating games.

Modified_

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »

Haven't JTAG'd yet, but I'm planning on using XBReboot. smile.gif

saint24

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2010, 03:43:00 AM »

i would of used a cygnos but until they sort out decent instructions for soldering it up xbr3 it will be with a 1tb drive inthe original hd case although i had to install a couple of minifans in the back to keep it cool

Doctrine Dark

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2020, 09:36:00 AM »

f***ing 8955

i want to play live arcade gaaaaaaaaaaames

alsybub

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Demobot @ Jan 26 2010, 12:10 AM) View Post
For now, I will never mod my 360 because it is lame compared to what you could do with the original Xbox. If you want to pirate games then go right ahead. But for me running linux and turning my 360 into a better multimedia machine than the original Xbox is a loftier goal than just pirating games.

Absolutely agreed.

It was well worth modding the original Xbox and that is the reason I still use it as a secondary media centre. It was also justifiable with all of the fantastic homebrew apps and emulation.

I really don't feel the need to mod if the biggest advantage is to play copied material. I always argued that my reason for modding all of the consoles in previous generations was to play import discs, as this was in line with my rights as a consumer regarding choice, and it was also upheld by the courts, but now it is a far more shady area.

My 360 is not and will probably never be modded as long as there is no technological gain to me. Plus, most games are released within a short time window internationally, compared to just a few years ago and those games which are not generally turn out to be region free anyway (e.g. Ghostbusters).

So, I cannot presently think of a legally justifiable or advantageous reason to mod.

My Wii IS modded so that I am able to play all regions of Wii titles and GC games.

My PS3 is NOT modded as it is region free to start off with. If there is ever a good multi region hack for PS and PS2 games released then I will consider it.

Plus, I just can't be bothered with the 'cat and mouse' with microsoft and LIVE mod detection just to play a so called 'backup'

What was originally an exciting area of innovation has devolved into nothing more than a vehicle for piracy.

I know how to mod a 360, it's incredibly easy but I'm simply not interested and although numerous people ask me to do it I refuse to, even though I repair RROD and drive problems and it is a logical step.

The results of the Poll speak for themselves. That would be very different if it was six years ago and we were talking about the original Xbox.
Pages: 1 2 [3]