xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Did You Or Do You Plan To 'homebrew' (freeboot/xbreboot) Your  (Read 2265 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Did You Or Do You Plan To 'homebrew' (freeboot/xbreboot) Your
« on: December 07, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »

vote/discuss!

Grim187

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »

already did mine, need to update it to xbr_1 and im doing at least 5 a day now (im selling 250).

InvidiousDemise

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »

I have a banned box that's not exploitable but I'm waiting to see if anything will come out that will allow me to use my banned and currently unmoddable console.

Any of you smart folk know if that will ever happen or should I give up and find an older box?

At this point, I think I want to wait until there are more advancements that make it a little bit easier.  Right now all the apps that will be coming out are just getting started so I think I want to wait until the better stuff comes out.

I am extremely excited to see what is going to happen with the homebrew scene. I can't express my thanks enough to those awesome folks who are doing all this hacking.  I would no doubt give $50 to the first person to make Xlink Kai and xbox 360 a functioning reality.  What is the technical-blockage keeping ping limits so low? How hard is it to un-do.

KCO

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »

I have a elite untouched to play for Live and I will buy a cheap one this bad with the three red lights or e74 and I plan to fix and hack.

ravihpa

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 03:32:00 AM »

I have a Jasper 256 mb modded with iXtreme 1.6, never been on Live, but I've already played 4th Wave games, so i guess my dash is already up to date sad.gif  Was really looking forward to playing Castle Crashers sad.gif

I can't afford to buy another system sad.gif  Hope these guys can hack the latest 8xxx ones and enable us to play these awesome games smile.gif

easyguy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 04:21:00 AM »

Launch day Xenon. Been holding up on updates with hopes that this day would come.. and it did smile.gif

LZ69

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 04:24:00 AM »

I'm willing to buy an already exploited one. I mean, I can mod the firmware easily, I'm not a newb, but the amount of effort required to make the JTAG hack work is just too challenging. So many things can go wrong, you have to solder parts and keep your fingers crossed that the kernel isn't patched already.

Let's hope an easier method comes about. Or the dream where you can pop in a USB stick and it exploits the console  rolleyes.gif

j3ll3

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 04:48:00 AM »

plenty of exploitable consoles left.. bought a brand new Arcade Falcon 360 from 2008-08 a week ago (that'd mean in 2010-4 you'd still be able to get exploitable consoles)
just look for old stock. not that hard to find.

parisg

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »

Done with an ancient xenon with lost dvd key... Awesome hack!!! dvd Key recovered from Xell custom 250 Hard disk installed, perfect just perfect. Now the bad news : How long do you thing gonna stay RRoD free???
Damn thinking only the day gonna RRoD....  grr.gif

jester.gif  First Post  jester.gif OHH second post....

HarryBawls

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »

To my suprise the repaired xbox I got back from microsoft today is both exploitable and has an easily flashable drive, so I plan on homebrew enabling mine when things gets a bit easier to pull off.

TheRealStJimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »

Have an old 5787 console that RROD so as soon as I cba to fix that... although I have zero soldering ability!

leorimolo

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »

I think I am about to go pick up my box smile.gif

Br0k3R

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »

damn my xenon got banned and its 8955 ;/ already bought new jasper to play online sad.gif so no expoitable xbox'es left ;/

topnut

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »

im just waiting for a killer app. Yes running unsigned code is cool and halo modding and free dlc is even cooler, they just dont have that Umph like xbmc did. (not bashing on anyone).

Better yet, an exploitable 8955 db! (I know, gonna get flamed!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif) )

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »

"My 360 is not exploitable anymore and don't plan to buy a new one"

I wouldn't buy one premodded, as with these sorts of things i'd want to do it myself so I feel that i've actually achieved something.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4