xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Was Your 360 Banned From Live Recently (after Oct 28th)?  (Read 4595 times)

McNamee

• Archived User
Was Your 360 Banned From Live Recently (after Oct 28th)?
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »

Benq 1.6 NO backups before release, backed up a legit copy of forza 3 played that a lot and the day after lauch for a week, gota backup off a friend of borderlands played that for a long time and a while after release my friend gave it to two other friends of mine, they did not get banned but have not played forza 3 either, one plays dragon age like every day and nothing still, I use memorex discs and burn at the fastest speed which may have something to do with it, not exatly sure what caused it always used abgx before loading the games, but I did not use level 3 only 2 which may have caused it,

Once I burnt the activate disc, i tried to play borderlands, and for some reason it said it was a dvd, I put the boot disc in, then put borderlands in and then borderlands booted no problem, then i played it all night, went to bed, next day booted up the game and it didnt need the boot disc for some odd reason, then after about an hour playing, banned.

ecowarm

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009, 02:29:00 AM »

Glad I caught this thread before turning my 360 on after my hols. Think the RJ45 cable is coming out, never to be seen again. I'm far more bothered about HDD installs, etc than about live. I've got my PS3 for online anyway, rather give them the cash than have two Xboxes.

ectraz

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2009, 03:12:00 AM »

we had a few consols on the go, weve had 2 lite-on's and 1 benny go so far.
there pretty hot on it at the moment, also had another benny go which was strange because there was only ever 3backups played on it and that was over a year ago, in the past 8mnths its been on live with originals, so there DB Log must go back a while, the copies were never played online.

carlcall

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2009, 05:58:00 AM »

I got banned on the 7th I think.....my own stupid fault as well.

Wanted to try the new MW2 with the activation disk on a Lite-on with FW1.6, removed the RJ45 but not the HDD. This was the first time i'd tried the activation disk so I'm putting my misfortune down to that....oh and for having a modded console!

Daren't turn on my sons console just incase. I think he may not be going online for a while now though.

Spykon

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2009, 06:33:00 AM »

My no vote can be changed to a yes now...

Busted here aswell.. 1.6 Liteon drive, played some GTA EFLC the last three days and today I connect and I got the message. Never thought this would happen, but then again, I never thought in the past I would be playing backups online for a loong time smile.gif.

carlcall

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2009, 06:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(carlcall @ Nov 9 2009, 01:58 PM) View Post

Wanted to try the new MW2 with the activation disk on a Lite-on with FW1.6, removed the RJ45 but not the HDD.

(This wasn't done on my Live Account....but on a testing account)

Didn't make any difference though!

I also think I should frequently post here......Join Date July 06 and only 3 posts sad.gif

psychoarse

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2009, 07:03:00 AM »

Well I've lasted til now with no ban.
I have a lite on spoofed as a benq been running on live for about a year flashed.
Over 60 backups played on it but no wave 4 or activate.iso.
I decided I didn't want to push my luck so I have disconnected from live and cancelled my gold membership and have been given a full refund from micro$haft.
I think I'm just gonna do my online gaming on my ps3 from now on.

Bearhug

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2009, 08:10:00 AM »

Starting to look like a flagged game issue from my end.  Over 20 modded xbox's only ones used for non self made backups are causing issues with bans.  All used with self made backups are up and running on live.

Seems several community released "backups" are causing the issues.

If anyone with all self made backups has been banned can you please let us know?  (I would appreciate you just not posting a reply to my post if you have sourced backups from anywhere but your own drive).

I know it's to early to tell for sure, but none have had any issues as yet for self-made backups.  In saying that the last lot only just got banned 1 week after the first lot did.

Please keep the info coming, but please don't mislead to cover your arse, just don't post if you have been naughty.

leog333

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bearhug @ Nov 9 2009, 04:10 PM) View Post

Starting to look like a flagged game issue from my end.  Over 20 modded xbox's only ones used for non self made backups are causing issues with bans.  All used with self made backups are up and running on live.

Seems several community released "backups" are causing the issues.

If anyone with all self made backups has been banned can you please let us know?  (I would appreciate you just not posting a reply to my post if you have sourced backups from anywhere but your own drive).

I know it's to early to tell for sure, but none have had any issues as yet for self-made backups.  In saying that the last lot only just got banned 1 week after the first lot did.

Please keep the info coming, but please don't mislead to cover your arse, just don't post if you have been naughty.

A buddy and I have the same identical setup, from games, to drive, to fw, to disc media.  We play almost the same times.

I'm banned, and to date, he isn't.

Nothing is consistent here.  It's random, which is why the new Lite-on fw is taking a while to dev.

drewZen

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »

banned here
benq 1.5 -> 1.51 -> 1.6
no wave 4 or activate discs
abgx verified on verbs/tdk
no games played before release date

something i want to add that I haven't heard much about. Xbox.com has a transfer license tool on their website:

http://www.xbox.com/...ion/default.htm

from here they keep track of your console id's and what licenses are downloaded to them. In my case i have over 5 consoles linked to my gamertag and my banned one is on that list of course. This might or might not be a factor.. who knows, think we have heard everything else at this point.

llex

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »

Banned on Nov 8.
 - Hitachi-LG
 - FW 1.51
 - Never played before the release.
 - recent games (last month) were BF Bad Company 2 (online), Borderlands (local).

dparks256

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »

Banned:
Lite-on DG-16D2S 7485.
iXtreme 1.6
Using Verbatim DL Discs Burned at 2.4x (Unsure of country of origin)
Library of 30 games ripped by me from original game discs only.
About 8 of my rips required a level 3 fix to patch the SS.
All isos pass abgx 1.0 with all greens, were burned using XBC 2.9b306, using imgburn as burning engine, verification enabled (From the .dvd)
Booktype was NOT set, although I am almost 100% positive iXtreme takes care of that now.  (My drive does not have booktype firmware available)
Played ZERO wave 4 games, also no early releases that I know of.

What PROBABLY was my mistake: I played a bittorrent release of Dirt 2 (which turned out to be effing corrupted thanks to a lazy ripper or something) and ODST in my first few days with this box without thinking.  ETHERNET CABLE UNPLUGGED, but signed into my live account in offline mode.  Anyone know if this allows disc checks to be cached, and then submitted later? It was a impatient mistake probably, I didn't have any games at that point and was anxious, having been without an xbox for a year or so. (Had never heard of abgx)

Banned while on live, Unreal Tournament 3 in drive.  Interestingly corrupted a local profile too that was logged in a moment before, but not currently.  Didn't know the banhammer did that. (was switching to guest mode for a buddy to play UT3 multiplayer.) I didn't see any UT3 save fiels when I recovered the drive, I will have to experiment as to whether these were deleted, or whether I had not progressed far enough to create them yet. Any advice as to whether any rumors I've heard about the HDD being tagged is true? I replaced the drive, but have imported my live account, and savegames.  Bad idea? This would theoretically give M$ my new HWIDs, but do they use this? I wouldn't think so, since a user could "go clean", and the live account is one way M$ actually IS getting paid. (That is why I suspect that they allow you to keep your account and gamerscore. To keep you with the xbox line of consoles.)

NOT Banned:
2x Lite-on DG-16D2S 83850C @ iXtreme 1.6 (My two friends I take care of)
Played no wave4 games.
Played same games on same medium as banned box. (Burned by me) But not bittorrent isos. Have a slightly smaller selection of burned games.

I've been cracking xboxes for about two years now, and would really love some expert feedback on those questions.  Thanks! PS my xbox is already replaced and singing along on a new 83850C, bite me M$. And thanks, my drive was probably getting a little worn from all those pirated games, the new one should last me a while longer.

Pureincognito

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »

Banned on Nov 7.
-Lite-on
-FW 1.6
-Never played before release.
-Recently played games: Fallout 3, Halo ODST
-No wave 4 games ever!

All of my back-ups are self made. I never once played a downloaded game. All of them were made with a BenQ flashed with 0800 FW and checked with abgx. Most games were burned to verbatim, but recently I have been using Sony DL. I do not think it is the media that caused this ban. All I do know is that I am still happily playing my xbox offline for the moment. I will be waiting to get a new one until this investigation is over. smile.gif

bgator357

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »

Banned Nov 8th
Benq recently patched from 1.6 to 1.61 (most recent patched on a seperate console)
No games played before release.
All games verified via abgx.
No wave 4 games played yet.

sroach23

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »

banned today benq recently updated to 1.61 and playing forza 3.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12