xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Would You Buy An Xbox360 Motion Controller?  (Read 1266 times)

ProfessorH0j0Jr

• Archived User
Would You Buy An Xbox360 Motion Controller?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »

I don't see the point. it wouldn't help any games I currently play, and any new games would just use it as a gimik, just like PS3 and Wii...

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 02:14:00 AM »

I say no. I'll leave the motion controllers to my wii and use my 360 for good games wink.gif

scuzzell

• Recovered User
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »

Yeah, there definitely should have been a "maybe... depends on the games" option in the poll. That seems like the most common answer. If there was a GOOD* gun attachment then yeah it would definitely be worth it, but I don't see it being that useful otherwise.

* By GOOD I mean a full sized rifle or something similar not a cheesy-ass lookin thing like the wii zapper. That thing blows.

EDIT: I just had a cool idea: A handgun for one hand and instead of a nunchuck thing there could be a grenade for the other hand. The Handle on the grenade could be an anolog trigger... that'd be sweet. If they made it look like the Halo weapons they'd sell millions.

~Scuzzell

This post has been edited by scuzzell: Jun 6 2008, 01:02 AM

iwinulose

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 12:54:00 AM »

i voted yes, and id like to explain why

while there arent any current games out yet that would utilize this feature, future games could incorporate it without much trouble.

and yes the wii has some pretty crazy glitches but with a multibillion dollar corporation such as microsoft im sure they could fix all of the kinks out of the system

but who knows...

eebeejay

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »

I vote no. I game to relax. Sitting down, leaning back. Not standing up with arms flailing around. My opinion is that since the Wii is dominating the market, Microsoft is trying to steal some of the Wii's thunder. It won't happen though. People would rather spend $250 on a machine dedicated to motion sensing, than spend $350-$450 for a machine that MIGHT half-heartedly support motion sensing. I don't own a PS3, but to my knowledge most games don't really take advantage of Six-Axis. Because of broader appeal, lower price point & a "simple" interface (appealling to non-gamers) M$ & Sony won't catch up. It's a battle for 2nd place. Microsoft should stick to what it knows in order to fend Sony off, and secure 2nd place. 2nd place isn't  a bad spot to be in, given the situation.

Zoopster

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 05:25:00 AM »

sleeping.gif  Yawn... no point in a motion controller, unless there are games that support it. The existing crop of X360 and XBLA games are designed and optimized for the standard gamepad, so there's no point in a motion controller for those.

All in all, a useless niche add-on that will not get the software support necessary to make it worth getting.

bv90andy

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »

I would buy one, but only if they would release 2-3 games with it, that fully support it. Also, I am curious how would it look like, like a wii mote or how that is called, a nunchak, or plain and simple like the old controler, with motion sensors...

and what if M$ would buy rights to create a wii emulator for the 360??? then I would surely buy one.... but that will never going to hapen so... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

This post has been edited by bv90andy: Jun 26 2008, 06:15 PM

funni64

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2008, 02:38:00 AM »

ehhh, I like the Wii the way it is and the 360 just the way it is. They dont need to mate!!

IchiKyuo

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »

For gods sake no! It sucks, i've seen crazy jap's @ youtube.com going crazy wild with their Wii's and i thought that if i wanted to play a game, i would like to relax while playing. Not be making all these movments with the controller. It makes no sence!

IchiKyuo had an opinion!

Base8

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(iwinulose @ Jun 8 2008, 11:54 PM) View Post

but with a multibillion dollar corporation such as microsoft im sure they could fix all of the kinks out of the system

laugh.gif

renault

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »

I am the 664th person to say no. I may as well get flamed but I long for the day where I can plug in a mouse n keyboard in without having to buy an xfps sniper thingy as what I have seen seem like a lot of faffing about to get it working.

The PS3 (sorry for saying that bad word here) has offered mouse n kb support for UT3 and Resistance FoM. Some guff about being more accurate and being unfair to players who use the pad. I think there is certain games that the pad is by far the best controller but for the love of god mouse n kb rocks on FPS games but a country mile.

While I am on about controllers wtf did Logitech make a "multi-format" g25 racing wheel that works with Sony PS2/3 and the PC and not the 360. What kind of donut in Logitech thought that would be "multi format"

There I have had my rant. Now let the flaming begin

Zorolord

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »

I have voted no - unless they was real need then there is just no point.

Also I am pretty active, so the last thing I want to do is wave my arms around like a sodding nonse. Stuff that all i want to do is sitting on the couch and chill with decent FPS.

Also if all console ever move to pure motion then i am stop playing games on consoles and move to over to PC's if I could affort it.

WompaStompa

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »

leave motion controlling on the Wii.  Please!  No need for it on the 360

onlineemails

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »

I say yes becuase i like game that use motion controllers like alone in the dark for wii i have seen the trailer and i really like the way that worked  i think many new upcoming games will support it (optimum use).

thepunisher302

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »

No, because motion controllers are for cranks and villains.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4