xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Would You Buy An Xbox360 Motion Controller?  (Read 1264 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Would You Buy An Xbox360 Motion Controller?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 05:45:00 AM »

waste of money... my Wii collects dust, motion control isn't ready for mainstream IMO.

sure the main stream is ready for motion control... but those millions of people buying Wii's aren't buying games, they'll play Wii sports and if they happen to buy something else, they'll usually be disappointed.

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »

I voted yes but they need to make a sports game to go with it like nintendo has.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »

i voted NO.

mainly cause there probably aint any games that would benefit from using one... so odds are a game would have to be specifically made to take advantage of it..... and since im real picky on what games i 'really like' vs 'everything else' , overall i just dont think it would be worth having one.

so even though i voted no... i would not say it's completely out of the question to get one given a good game that gets a real benefit from using it.

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 03:39:00 AM »

No need for motion control.
I have used a Wii and have a PS3, the motion controls are just gimmicks.
Like Twisted said main stream is ready but the hardware and software to do it properly just isnt there yet.
Wii Sports doesnt count because it is only one game, there needs to be dozens perhaps hundreds of games that have amazing and proper implementation of motion controls before it is worth having.

spinr34

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 03:22:00 PM »

the sixaxis on the ps3 is a failure. why would a motion control on the 360 be any better? even most games on the wii aren't great. the first party titles make good use of the wii's controller. any other game on the wii isn't all that great.

Johnwinger

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 05:47:00 AM »

The PS3 has had motion sensing for forever and it's a completely useless feature.

juntistik

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 07:21:00 AM »

I voted no, Microsoft does a terrible job at supporting their peripherals (Yes I am one of the few that got the vision camera) They would release 1 maybe 2 games and a few XBLA titles and that would be it.

OFF TOPIC: I'm still pissed they closed open/public cams. I don't want to be friends with everyone in every game I join just to have a fun time using the camera. I've had some of the most fun on live playing UNO and laughing at the funny stuff that happens. I remember playing UNO and someone joined and the camera was just pointing at a flipped over table. 5 minutes later a big guy dressed as darth vader pops up with a lightsaber and just stars doing star wars kid moves. I was choking from laughter. Of course there are risks involved such as people who like to get naked infront of the camera but it was pretty rare and I reported each one.

Now the fun times have come to an end and every UNO game sucks now because you have to be their friend to view each others cam sad.gif

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 07:38:00 AM »

I voted no because even if there was one I wouldn't use it. I also have bought the vision camera and totem ball is acceptable, and I actually love playing 3d pinball with it. UNO you have to change a bunch of setting for everyone to see it. RS6 was awesome because if you had a cardboard cut-out of someone it would put it in the game.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »

I don't see the need for it.  I already have 4 controllers for my 360 and don't need anything else.

ProfessorH0j0Jr

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »

the only real use I see in motion sensing now is for FPS and RTS games. If there were good games of those sort that supported motion sensing then I would consider it.

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »

I voted no as I don't need a gimmick, just a controller. Something similar like the SixAxis is as far as I would even consider...

djboo

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 02:05:00 AM »

I agree with most people that MS are a bit awful at supporting their peripherals (i too am a vision owner) but MS also are the best at writing APIs and the XBOX has an awesome update system.

Think of the games that could receive updates and be improved by a wagglewand controller... Command and conquer for instance - wouldnt take much to add the mouse like support and would probably massively improve the playability (but then again - its EA, lets not get our hopes up too much)

The other thing is you have to realise the number of games that we'd get ported from the wii... its gotta be worth it for that - Wii style control but without last gen graphics - best of both worlds.

Its bound to happen - mostly because ive only just got my wii and things like that always happen to me!

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »

i like pressing buttons, not waving my hands around like a fairy.

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 12:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(djboo @ May 28 2008, 03:05 AM) View Post

I agree with most people that MS are a bit awful at supporting their peripherals (i too am a vision owner) but MS also are the best at writing APIs and the XBOX has an awesome update system.

Think of the games that could receive updates and be improved by a wagglewand controller... Command and conquer for instance - wouldnt take much to add the mouse like support and would probably massively improve the playability (but then again - its EA, lets not get our hopes up too much)

The other thing is you have to realise the number of games that we'd get ported from the wii... its gotta be worth it for that - Wii style control but without last gen graphics - best of both worlds.

Its bound to happen - mostly because ive only just got my wii and things like that always happen to me!

I doubt you would see any games ported from the Wii. The PS3 has had motion control since launch, have you seen any Wii ports on it?

Bruc3LeeRoy

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »

I voted yes for some reason.

But I own a ps3 and I forgot that it had Six-Axis in the controller.... the only time I ever use it is when the game forces you to.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4