xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Would You Buy An Xbox360 Motion Controller?  (Read 1267 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Would You Buy An Xbox360 Motion Controller?
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »

vote/discuss!

xbrains

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »

Lol I am the first voter! Yes... It would rock. An xbox that is also a Wii!

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:56:00 PM »

i voted no. guess im the first to vote no. lol. my reason is because there arent any games i currently play where id really see a need for motion controls.

if they came out with some games that were made to be used specifically with a controller of this type, then..depending on the game, id consider buying one.
but until then, im saying 'no'. i wouldnt go out and buy a xbox360 Motion Controller.

SKIBBE

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 05:07:00 AM »

My vote is NO,

i don't se the use of these motion controller, really don't like the "unaccurate" wii-controllers.

and as it's not the "main" controlling system the games will be few and poor suported,  it's like the xbox live vision, i bought it and thought i would be able to get some cool games and get my face on certain 3d charaters, and now a few years later there are not over 10 games that support the live vision.. that sux, like every fps similar should be able ot use it for more personal characters... but i guess it's just a dream, at least the fotboll/soccer/hockey games could support it.....

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »

I like the wii, but it'd depend on xbox's support for it. Like SKIBBE said, one game isn't enough to make me spend $40. I voted yes, but I think there should have been a "depends on the game(s)" option in the poll.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »

One of the reasons I dont like the Wii is the motion sense sad.gif

When I get lazy, thats when I game. I want to lean back on a couch comfortably holding a controller in my hands, on my lap, for hours.

Not wave my arm around, moving my hands everywhere

My Wii is fun, but mostly when people are over, and the fun lasts an hour before we get tired hehe

So naw, not too interested in a motion sense, but i get the sense im the minority here

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »

Motion controllers wont be any fun with gamming only maybe like the bowling and tennis etc... leave it for the noobs and kids.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »

I vote yes but only because i want it to snap in to a sniper rifle attachment, which would come with the brand new Silent Scope.

yea, im dreaming.. but oh well, it would be awesome

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(SKIBBE @ May 18 2008, 12:07 PM) *

and as it's not the "main" controlling system the games will be few and poor suported,  it's like the xbox live vision, i bought it and thought i would be able to get some cool games and get my face on certain 3d charaters, and now a few years later there are not over 10 games that support the live vision.. that sux, like every fps similar should be able ot use it for more personal characters... but i guess it's just a dream, at least the fotboll/soccer/hockey games could support it.....

Yeah that's why I wouldn't buy it either, MS do not take their chance on any games actually requiring a peripheral (even scene it I think you can play with the normal old controllers (if you really want to)).
They normally (this isn't the case in scene it) make the game play best on the standard controller and if you're really keen you can buy a peripheral (like the camera or the racing wheel) but they don't enhance the experience all that much (not from what I've experienced so far with my racing wheel and camera anyway).  Oh and the light gun on the xbox1 there was all of about two games that used it, House of the Dead III and Starsky and Hutch.

blind42

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »

I voted no , I own a Wii and want to get ride of it not replace it.....Leave motion controls for the kids for us adults I would prefer a Mouse/Keyboard or reg controller over motion control.

Look at the Wii's list of games and the average rating of the games compare to the 360's average game scores from reviews those scores are not just from having better graphics its for having better gameplay to. Nuff Said

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »

i said yes, only because there is no maybe button. it is a cool idea, but i want to see a good implementation of it. many wii games are either craptastic mini-games, or great games that had the wii-mote added as an after thought. if the 360 actually had good uses for the control, i would get one.

DMAddict

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »

I voted yes. This would solidify my decision in not buying a Wii. That is, so long as they came out with some decent games supporting it.

suppository

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »

i voted no because motion control is just a gimick to me
whenever i get a new game for my ps3 i try motion control for a while and then go back to normal
wii is ok but still gimicky

LP_Rebirth

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 02:21:00 AM »

I voted yes because even though I think motion control is a gimmick/phase type thing, it would at the very least bring the best of both worlds to everyone.  If you want motion sensor for whatever reason, then you will have it, along with a kickass traditional gamepad!

vintageman

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 05:13:00 AM »

yes, virtualmouse?..biggrin.gif.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4