xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Will You Buy Or Have You Bought Gta Iv?  (Read 1280 times)

Method2kh

• Archived User
Will You Buy Or Have You Bought Gta Iv?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »

I love when ppl haven't even seen the game in action, let alone even played it, yet are quick to say the game sucks.

PS: I've never seen the first Godfather, but it totally sucks. It's the same crap, somebody dies, someone talks, somebody dies..

Markus1712

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(echto @ Apr 30 2008, 01:55 AM) *

I can't believe people would waste money on that subject matter.

Agreed - there's a ton of more interesting games.

ausmods

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »

I got mine for $79AU at big W as soon as it came out... Best game Ive ever bought...

Though, I dont see how this poll would be accurate at all... This is XBOX-scene after all... lol of course the poll is going to be biased

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(iceman72 @ Apr 30 2008, 01:43 AM) View Post

I will pass on this game. Not into the adolescent wanna be bad boy games. I just don't get why people love this game so much?

well i think it's much better than those overrated Halo3 crap and it finally beat Halo3 in sales to it appears from article on this website.

but anyways more on topic to your question.... i think reason they like it is cause the characters are pretty good but driving around and goin on missions to whack people is nice... basically the driving and shooting etc is the best parts.

but with that said...

i think MAFIA 2 will still be MUCH better than GTA4 is in my opinion.... cause i still like MAFIA (on PC, the game from 2002) over any of the prior GTA games.

MAFIA does that 'mob movie effect' to perfection and i think mafia's characters are more interesting to vs GTA's as there more sophisticated etc etc and i like weapon feel much more on MAFIA to vs GTA series in general.

BrooksyX

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »

I probably wont pick up gta 4 (maybe when I can get it used for cheap) but I do plan on renting it soon here for my 360. Im not a huge fan of the sand box type games and get bored really fast with them. Plus I have other things I need to spend my money on (like prom, that pretty much is gonna clean me out  sad.gif )

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »

change styles lol gta has been a gang war car stealer blind insanity volience sense gta1 if anything they took some stuff out rember the chop shops in the first gta there not in any of the 3d games. and it wasent until gta sa did they bring back the gang wars from the old 2d games. if anything they have been going back to the original games in terms of features yep 2d gta games where online  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

Grim187

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »

already got it for the 360 and im gonna pick it up for the ps3 tomorrow.

helpmemod

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 03:21:00 AM »

gta is gta....... once you played one of the many versions you played them all

just a bore (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

buy....... gears of war & cod4 forget GTA....... its the same old S**T

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

This post has been edited by helpmemod: May 2 2008, 10:22 AM

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(iceman72 @ Apr 30 2008, 01:43 AM) View Post

I will pass on this game. Not into the adolescent wanna be bad boy games. I just don't get why people love this game so much?

so what ... everyone should love the games only YOU like???  "I just dont get why people love HALO 3 so much"? i hate that game.. everyones different and has different likes and dislikes.

Evi1d33d

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »

Anyone else see what's wrong with this poll? Make a poll sonyfanboy.com and guess what the results will be.

hawkeye06

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Evi1d33d @ May 2 2008, 11:08 AM) View Post

Anyone else see what's wrong with this poll? Make a poll sonyfanboy.com and guess what the results will be.

Dont you see that 4 times as many people than the people who said they would buy it on PS3 wouldn't even buy it all, also seeing that XBox 360 is currently outselling the PS3 explains why the Xbox 360 version of GTA is selling better.  I'm not trying to turn this into a console war discussion either, just throwing out the facts.

gli7ch

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »

But what other game can you watch T.V.?

( bought it for 360, as I do not own a PS3 )

Another thing I noticed was that the 360 version is getting way more hits than the PS3 version on GameFaqs.com, a completely unbiased website

This post has been edited by gli7ch: May 2 2008, 06:35 PM

munkiep

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »

i have to say, i am impressed with the new style of shootouts and more of a realistic vehicle control. im sure i will find more and more that has changed from previous GTA games as i play. they really have stepped it up with this one. and the graphics are amazing...too bad i have no HDMI option (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

spon

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »

I haven't even bought a 360 or ps3!  

I think I'll wait for awhile to see if prices come down, the blu-ray takes off (it may have won the war, but it really hasn't taken off).  Maybe even the next next gen.  

I'm still working on my Game Cube Collection! lol

TriBasic

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(gli7ch @ May 2 2008, 06:24 PM) View Post

But what other game can you watch T.V.?

( bought it for 360, as I do not own a PS3 )

Another thing I noticed was that the 360 version is getting way more hits than the PS3 version on GameFaqs.com, a completely unbiased website

You can watch TV in the game, "The Darkness".

But I'd rather play GTA IV anyday!!

Tribasic
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4