xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Do You Think Ms Will Ever Do Well In Japan?  (Read 1158 times)

evilcharley

• Archived User
Do You Think Ms Will Ever Do Well In Japan?
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »

first off, i don't know about you guys, but i'm sick and tired of having to spend a lot of $ to get an import game, example would be super nintendo games back in the day, if you wanted a game like say dragonball z you had to get the import and those were expensive. there were always games that were exclusive to japan that you had to somehow modify your game console to play them on top of having to pay the extra cash. i think if microsoft's marketing campaign steps up and japan/any other country still doesn't respond, then we should have exclusive games here that they don't have so they can suffer like we have for many years.

arcticblue

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »

Look, I've been living in Japan for a while now and I've talked to alot of Japanese gamers about this.  Never once have I heard them say "it's not popular because it's American."  Contrary to popular belief, they love alot of American stuff over here.  My wife is Japanese and we have all 3 consoles here at home and I asked her which she liked the best.  Her reply was the Playstation because of Ratchet and Clank and Mainichi Ishoo (weird news program with cats).  From what I've seen, the Japanese are attracted to cute, lovable characters (like Ratchet, Mario, the Final Fantasy characters, etc) and the 360 just doesn't really have that.  Sure, there are a few games that Japanese people are interested in (my bro-in-law loves Fight Night), but when an overwhelming majority of the games are FPS and games fueled by testosterone, they start looking at other offerings.

Microsoft got off to a bad start in Japan and it's too late to recover now that the PS3 is out.  If MS wants to make another system, they better start encouraging developers to make a wider variety of games and they better find a cute, lovable mascot or it just won't sell in Japan.

Quest

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2007, 04:59:00 AM »

I believe, the only chance they have is that Sony continues to make mistakes with their PS3 (like dropping ps2 support).
Otherwise, they should just drop Japan and put the effort into Europe and the USA.

scientific

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »

The only way is to forget marketing in Japan temporarily. Cut them off completely for a year. Let the weak PS3 run rapid over there. Once their citizens realize that a US based company no longer has an interest in selling our product to them. they'll quickly want to know why. Then that's when the demand will flourish. Them Japs will want it more than a plaid skirt wearing school girl & a cup of saki.

I say we keep all of our efforts Americanized. How much money does M$ need? How many Fords, GM's and Chryslers do they sell in Asia?  I'm very sure it's not that many. Is that also due to lack of marketing? Most likely not.  When you don't want something, there's really no effective way to persuade them into it.

You have to make them want it. To do this, keep it out of their contries reach. Continue to develope titles we Americans love. Football, Basketball, auto racing and shot gun blasting shooters. we should not have to cater
to their desires. I mean who if anyone even rented Blue Dragon? Now there's even more talks of developing
games for these easterners. They have their play station, let Sony feed them those lame RPG's with subtitles and giberish for dialogue they love so much.

Let the rest of the free world in on the excitement of a 360 then when they finally do start to export them back to Asia, I say paint the console Red White & blue with a bold inscription of Made in the USA on the face.

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(AlexNapo @ Nov 2 2007, 12:22 PM) View Post

If you happen to look in US car factory (either GM or Ford) you'll see a lot of Japanese car as well.

That's total BS. Have you ever worked for a american car company? I did some work for Ford once, and drove into the plant in a GM car and they flipped out. An associate of mine arrived in a Toyota; they told him to drive something else to the plant or we would lose the account. Americans can be just as proud as the kamikaze japs.

Don't just assume things based on what you see on the road. If you work for that company, you have to drive their cars.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]