xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Do You Have A Hd Dvd Player?  (Read 1057 times)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Do You Have A Hd Dvd Player?
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007, 03:27:00 AM »

Oh yeah forgot to add one other thing.  Even with a low-end video card and the right drivers the 360 HD-DVD drive can be fully compatible with your PC and with a DVI cable you can have an alternative method for piping it through to your HDTV set.   A good thing to since my 360 recently decided to give me the lovely 3ROD.  If i can't fix it I will still be able to make use of the HD-DVD add-on.  Once again if the player craps out on the PS3 you are just plain screwed.

pimpmaul69

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »

ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO HAS AN HD DVD PLAYER: all the good sony pictures movies arer eleased on hd dvd in europe.. and in fact with a side by side comparison me and my buddy did look better in hd dvd.. go to xploitedcinemas.com and feel free to check them out.. and no it isnt my website, i just have enjoyed buying sony movies on hd dvd at a good price.

BIMPtacular

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

i have a ps3 and the hd-dvd add on for my 360...i have to say that the hd-dvd looks better to me, but the thing that really gets me is the sound......the sound quality on the hd-dvd player is by far superior on my surround sound to the ps3...the tv im using is a 50" samsung 10,000:1 contrast ratio with a native resolution of 1920x1200.....so i get to see every little detail, and i must say that i do prefer my hd-dvd collection over my blu ray collection....not that my opinion matters, but thats my take on the situation

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »

Actually it does.  As you are submitting an unbiased opinion comparing both products, which you actually own.

TeoMan

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Software2 @ Sep 10 2007, 08:19 AM) *

Well, I think the results of this unbiased poll clearly show who the winner in the format war is: DVD.

Apart from that, this poll should have had options for standalone BR, or a PS3.

The war is all but finished...
In an XBOX forum, when the only option is to get an HD DVD addon for 360, It's obious that HD DVD wins.
If you ask into a PS3 forum, BluRay will win.
You should ask somewhere else for the winner.
c.u.

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »

xbox360 + macdrive hdd + hd .wmv's = no need for hd dvd player or bluray for that matter (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by mercury187: Oct 23 2007, 07:06 PM

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »

Since my last post on this topic I've bought myself a nice HD monitor so I've been looking into buying a HD DVD player. At the moment I could pick up the Xbox 360 HD player for £109 + get 5 free movies with it so I'm very tempted!. Although, I was surprised at how expensive some of the movies cost to buy which puts me off a little. I saw Smokin' Aces on play.com for £28!  ohmy.gif  total rip off!!.

SO_JAM

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(brendon7800 @ Sep 10 2007, 02:50 PM) View Post

I just got the XBox360 HD DVD add on player. It's nice to be able to compare side by side the quality of HD vs DVD (and my TV isn't even a really nice HDTV, but the results are astoundingly different) The movie 300 has HD-DVD on one side and standard DVD on the other and I watched a fight scene in HD and then fliped the disk over to HD and it was like the difference between night and day!

Also I plan to backup my HD DVD collection with HD WMVs and stream them to my 360 when I want to watch them.

Right now the process for converting/transcoding is a little messy and you REALLY need to know what you're doing, but it can be done. And someday someone will make an all-in-one program that's one click away from what you want. But for now people have to do it "the hard way"

If you already have the films on HD-DVD, why the frigg are you making work for your self by backing them up to a NAS or PC that needs at least a TB to be worth the effort?

Effort City and there is only one mayor = You

stezo2k

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »

I'm still waiting for my 5 free hd-dvds to come through the post before i can use mine. cant wait though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »

Yes I have one, had it for about a month, given up waiting for my 5 free UK movies so I bought shaun of the dead HD-DVD. Hopefully get Transformers near Xmas..Be nice if I get my 5 free movies though.

zerowizard

• Recovered User
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »

Glad I didn't buy one! wink.gif

Erfan223

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »

Whats the point of having it when hd movies arent developed anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]