xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Do You Have A Hd Dvd Player?  (Read 1059 times)

darth_jarret

• Recovered User
Do You Have A Hd Dvd Player?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »

I loved my 360 HD DVD player, then i went to college and i couldnt take the 65in rear proj dlp with me. I tried very hard though. smile.gif

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »

I don't have one, sure they are pretty, but on my 19" HDTV I really can't tell enough of a difference between DVD and HD DVD to make me want to spend the money.

JCDenton@AS

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

Not got one yet but now i see that Hd-dvd is pulling ahead of overpriced and pointless blueray im going to buy one and back it.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »

looks like the NO is almost got 65percent of the votes which is what i voted for was NO wink.gif

cause right now im happy enough with standard dvd cause me personally i dont have a hdtv in my room even though we have a projection HDTV 1080i in the main room i almost never use it and it's image quality aint that great to begin with.

but if i where going to get a hd-dvd player i would most likely NOT get the 360 add on cause even though it's much cheaper than a standalone player you just never know when your 360 is going to die cause of all the 3rlod issues plus my 360 is loud as crap cause of the Nyko Intercooler EX i have on it... so to sum it up ill never buy a hd-dvd addon device for the 360 even if i had a top of the line HDTV.

looks like theres alot of smart people based on the results of the poll.

p.s. and also, theres no clear winner in the format war yet anyways so it's wise to stay clear of either format until i got a clear winner.... but if i was super rich i would probably buy both blu-ray/hd-dvd just cause even if it's slightly better than standard dvd you might as well get it if you can afford it... but for the average joe... dont bother with either hd-dvd or blu-ray til theres a clear winner... but one thing i dont like is this "exclusive" crap that either format tries to do  with certain movies, which sucks if you ask me cause it sorta forces you to get both formats especially if a movie you really want is on the format that you dont have.

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 02:12:00 AM »

Guys, if you're stupid enough to publicly admit to pirating, you will lose your account. It's as simple as that.

So, to those who value their memberships, keep all further posts in this thread on-topic, and be sure that they do not conflict with any site rules. Otherwise, you will be penalized accordingly.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »

No HDTV yet so no HD-DVD. Even when I do get a HD TV I doubt I'll bother with a HD player. DVD is good enough for me and I don't fancy wasting my money re-buying films I already own just to watch them again in (overpriced) HD.

XmentalX

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 01:54:00 AM »

i got the hd dvd addon for my 360 on clearance at wal-crap i use it plugged into my pc more then anything its nice to be able to watch hd dvds, although only on a 20" widescreen it still looks nice and crisp sitting up close and personal, if i feel like kicking back then i setup my projector and watch them through it, although only 1080i i cant see a difference

chuckthefuk

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »

no.. and i don't plan to buy one for a few years.

chane2k1

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »

to the guy above, it's not all about the video quality (format neutral studios use same video encode for both formats), for me sound is a very big deal and after hearing HD Audio all others are no comparison. I had the 360 HD DVD addon for about a week but without the future ability to output hd audio formats due to the lack of hdmi 1.3 on my 360 elite I decided to return it. Besides they only come in white and it looks ugly next to my black 360. I'll buy a stand alone when they're priced bellow $200. I have a PS3 and im format neutral for the moment but I prefer blu-ray of the two, i feel better about them having a mandatory hard coat especially since I had an HD DVD come scratched from an un opened package.

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »

I would have liked to see Blu-Ray win (I am anti-Sony even), but it will be Hd-dvd if anything. DVD will be the standard though for now. But I could possibly see both formats stickin' around....

AirRage

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

using PowerDVD Ultra to play my HD files on PC on my HD Monitor

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »

I've gotta get a new TV before I can bother with BR or HD-DVD, so no on this question.

Jrgong420

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »

My laptop has a built in HD-DVD drive, and truthfully never used it.......I usually just watch HDDVD rips if I really am looking for something in HD (plus majority of HD movies released aren't even full 1080p yet).  I am glad I have an HD-DVD (wanted that instead of Blue-Ray for various reasons), but truthfully for me it really makes no difference (I want an hd-dvd player so I can rip hd-dvd movies when I get some more money tongue.gif ) to me as 90% of the media I watch is not on a disc, but my hdd, simple hdmi output to my hd-tv and viola, no messing with hdcp compliant bs.

XColdSteelX

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »

I bought the HDDD player for my 360 and I love it! I heard some people complaining about the color being washed out or something but it looks great on my tv! and with all the free extras, its definitly worth it.

Dr Prodigy

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »

I have the HD DVD add on.... Ut's connected via HDMI through my 360 Elite, to me 50 inch Samsung DLP. I love it. It truly spoils the movie watchers. My only complant with it was when it came out. I got it on launch day and at that time there wasn't a whole lot of title's released. It was a little frusrating but I gave it time like everyone kept saying and now jsut about everything is starting to be offered in HD.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4