xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360 (excluding Rrod Issues)?  (Read 1307 times)

jrbl1

• Archived User
Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360 (excluding Rrod Issues)?
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »

what about the overpriced items on XBOX Live.  I think that Nickel and Diming should be on the list as well.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(monkey00 @ Aug 23 2007, 04:41 AM) View Post

i feel the HDD lack on the core isnt a problem, i mean just spend a few extra bucks and get a premium. its not that expensive

the problem is that the developers can't depend on the harddrive being their, and as such it limits what the system can do. if it was a standard feature like on the first xbox, all games would utilize it alot more. i don't understand how the only thing that actually impacts the quality of the games is only 4th on the list!

nlx420

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2007, 02:18:00 AM »

Other factorz are minor 2 me and i can live with, except more supportive file types. ??? in today's wide world of different media formats its nice to be able to have a platform to play them all other than your pc. This would allow u to utilize the hd like its meant and make the 360 a great media center for your home entertainment system. The main factor i believe is microsoft dosent want its owners to use the 360 for viewing illegal downloaded content on their system. remember when xbox1 first came out i remember it wouldnt read burnt discs which they changed later, maybee the same will happen with this issue further down the road.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(nlx420 @ Aug 31 2007, 04:54 AM) View Post

remember when xbox1 first came out i remember it wouldnt read burnt discs which they changed later, maybee the same will happen with this issue further down the road.

those were called modchips, and microsoft didn't make them wink.gif

unless your talking about the fact that it didn't read cd-r, and that never really changed. the system just reads cd-rw/dvd-r/dvd-rw a lot better.

RiouTheBrightShieldHero

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »

Go Reaper527! Keep the Suikoden II fanbase alive!

I voted for accessories. There is no reason for a 20 GB hard drive to be $100 and a 120 GB $180. You know they are screwing you there.

But for the noise, it never really bothered me. Ironically, my loudest system is my Wii.

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »

Good thing when i bought my bekin wireless router ($20) i took 5 minute to learn now i know if you buy a wireless router alot of brands have a mode that will pick up wireless signals instead of emit (access point) and then route it to the 360, PC, xbox, pos2, pos3, ect. not just The 360. So i just saved $60 to $80 depending on how you look at it.

PS. down with windows, Ubuntu Linux is free and more secure, way faster (fast enough to not even remember what windows is), ultra stable, more customize, more everything,
if you dont belive me you can try it without installing it, can windows do that no (not without hacking *cough* mini XP *cough*)

360-2go

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2007, 07:41:00 AM »

Well, for one thing, if people bought a core system opened it up, and bought halo 2 and a memory card, then they would get mad just to know that you NEED a HDD for original xbox games.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(360-2go @ Sep 4 2007, 10:17 AM) View Post

Well, for one thing, if people bought a core system opened it up, and bought halo 2 and a memory card, then they would get mad just to know that you NEED a HDD for original xbox games.

if thats all they bought, why not get an xbox? if they did a bit of research, it very well documented that the harddrive is required for backwards compatibility. if they cheaped out and didn't do their research, its their own fault.

peter0328

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »

I really wish that it had HDMI from launch, then I wouldn't have to save up for a new system to watch Planet Earth without crappy lines floating on the screen in 1080p over component! Damn you AACS! DAMN YOU TO HELL!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]