xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360 (excluding Rrod Issues)?  (Read 1305 times)

pablot

• Archived User
Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360 (excluding Rrod Issues)?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 06:37:00 AM »

NOISE

I hardly use that stupid thing because of the immense noise it makes. I hate noisy systems, and this POS takes the price.. still use my original xbox about 100times more, xbmc and 80mm fan mod just makes it so much more appealing.

NumpXP

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »

wow.. the vote is really hard to choose

GunRunner

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »

Outside of rrod I would have to say limited file type support. Least i would say was the hi-def internal disc... This keeps the cost of the unit down so it can out sell the p3

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(jdsun1 @ Aug 1 2007, 08:36 PM) View Post

It has been proven that the 360 does not scratch discs if it is handled properly!!! Get over the fact that you don't know how to take care of your console and games.

WTF said anything about scratching discs, get your eyes checked, do you even know what 3ROD aka rrod means?  Aside from anything I was correcting the person in question to say we can't include overheating issues because it's part of the Rrod issue.
I've never had a problem with any of my game discs you `tard pack owner.

I just worked out that you meant to quote tattoedbear, read what you're actually quoting next time st00pid.

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(TreyTable @ Aug 7 2007, 04:35 AM) View Post

What did Australia ever do to deserve such treatment? Actually Australia did get all that content but your government has banned most of it.  jester.gif
I for one have no idea what you are talking about with Microsoft customer support. Sony customer support is awful, it's like calling Australia.

No it's nothing to do with a government we don't have a fascist dictatorship government that gets up set about a covered nipple appearing on the superbowl.  Oh and while we're at it I also believe your government creates wars about oil in the middle east, we do have a F@#k wit for a leader that follows your government though (inspite of the populous being not in favour of that).
The real reason we don't have any IPTV stuff in Australia is for one simple reason, we do not have adequate broadband to a large enough percentage of the population that have Xbox 360's.
If Rupert Murdoch (you uncultured americans might know him from his appearances on The Simpsons, owner of fox, aussie expatriot) says we don't have adequate broadband for IPTV then I would say we don't, because if he could deliver TV in new ways he'd be the first doing it.
So shove those comments up your stOOpid patriotic ass (I translated stupid to the way you say it there so you would understand).

Archalien

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »

my biggest complaint and really only major one is the lack of HD audio over hdmi on the elite.
Thats the only thing the ps3 does better than 360 imo....

rahulduggal

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2020, 05:52:00 AM »

Support for DivX

Alex Atkin UK

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2020, 02:09:00 PM »

Im shocked people choose Media Formats over the D-Pad and lack of the HD.

Personally, it would be the lack of HD. After they made such a fuss about that being WHY the xbox was so cool, only to then remove it in the 360 (well make it "optional" but effectively no longer the benefit it had in the Xbox being mandatory.

Then theres the D-Pad, which was a poor excuse as the Xbox one was fine so why is the 360 one even worse than the DS or Gamecube ones which arent exactly stellar either but they do the job better.

rolly poly

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(jimbobjim @ Aug 2 2007, 02:00 AM) View Post

Forget about the scratching issues, they are rare, what about the fact that half of the DVD rom drives fail to open when the console is vertical? I've flashed quite a few systems and nearly every one with a Samsung drive has opening issues. How was this not mentioned in the last thread or this one?

Seriously, I feel like i'm the only person to experience this in a huge way.

my brothers stock 360 and my modded 360 have samsung drives that only like to open when horizontal AND a disc is already in the drive... other wise it's luck getting it to open.

my choice was higher capacity disc drive, i don't think microsoft's mistake was offering the core system. the mistake was not allowing devs to require a hard drive...

take GTA4, not a casual gamer's game of choice. most people who would play GTA4 already have a hard drive or would buy one.

at the very least they should allow updates distributed via live to make full use of the hdd by caching data...

Malumvolo

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »

I hate the external Hard drive, and its price!

When you are on a budget, its hard to decide between buying a core and an overpriced hard drive, or the extra expensive premium or elite (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)

nickman

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 03:34:00 AM »

Lack of Harddrive in one SKU. They had it right the first time around.

phenoptix

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »

I voted for the fee on xbox-live, although now I've thought about it. The most annoying thing is the lack of media support, I got quite excited about watching clips and fav shows through the xbox, but it all came to nothing!

tabsaid

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »

Surprised Media formats is ahead.  Transcode 360 works great for me.  Also figured most people on this forum would have a XBMC setup.  I went with optional HDD since it definetly limits developers and games suffer.

This post has been edited by tabsaid: Aug 9 2007, 03:30 PM

lion_2

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 09:45:00 AM »

I feel that not having a price drop last holiday season was a huge mistake.  Microsoft was lucky they got Gears of War.

halohack

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »

I think you should definately add the Samsung DVD Drive faulty opening mechanism to the list, or in the next poll.  Not a lot of attention has been brought to this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5