xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360?  (Read 1379 times)

BerT69

• Archived User
Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 05:35:00 AM »

Well my opinion on the whole "waiting 1.5 yr to admit" is that most of the people that have a dead console has opened it in the attempt to fix it, or gave it to a repair shop in a ATTEMPT to fix them.....but out of nowhere...3 YEAR WARRENTY!!!!.....sounds good...but most of the early people to experience the RRoD are screwed since they opened their console...and M$ knows this.... if you broke your seal at all... go see if M$ will honor the warrenty,,,,even if you didnt mod. It wont happen.   I have repaired a few of these... and now these people are playing russion roulette because of M$ dragging their ass on the problem.......nothing like taking care of your customers.

DeRuKu

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 05:45:00 AM »

Ignoring the RROD - and until they released a new Revision of the 360 with LOTS of fixed issues im not going to buy a 360.
Until then ill stay with my Xbox1, Wii and various Retro-consoles-

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 06:27:00 AM »

IMO their biggest mistake was the RROD error... more so than not admitting to it for 1.5 years

The reason I voted that way was because when they first started seeing the problems crop up... they should have FIXED THE PROBLEM right then and there...

Denying the problem is a marketing tactic so I can't fault them for that... I DO fault them for not fixing it before they got to the point where they HAD to own up to it or face massive backlash from the gaming community.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 06:36:00 AM »

Denying it.  Every system has problems, but they should have owned up to it from the start.  To say they didnt, is insulting our intelligence.

Bye bye 360 and most of all, M$.

Andrew_Roy

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »

Selling a SKU without harddrive standard would have gotten my vote if it were a choice.

sephiroth99

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »

i think their biggest mistake is denying the RRoD. Problems can and will occur with the first gen of any electronic product (or any product for that matter), but I don't know why Msft did what they did with the situation. They kinda took back what they lost with the 3yr warranty, but the damage is made.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »

defo number 2, part of the reason why I don't have a 360 yet, ROD aint worth the money.

jimbobjim

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »

Denial of the RROD problem was the worst thing. Had they just done something in the beginning many would still have working systems.

What about the poor quality disc drives? I've seen a ton af Sammys with some major tray sticking problems, plus, many scratch the crap out of games. And what about that noise?

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Andrew_Roy @ Jul 9 2007, 11:51 AM) View Post

Selling a SKU without harddrive standard would have gotten my vote if it were a choice.

I'd have to agree with you.  That was their biggest mistake.  Since that wasn't an option, I went with the fact that they ignored or so than denying it.  If they would have fixed it right away, their credability would still be intact.

Barnolde

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »

Next to no standard HDD, denying it was the absolute worst, now they just sit back and reap the flak of angry gamers.

d3fault_dot_xbe

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »

the biggest mistake by far is not making an internal hard-drive the standard. developers now have to code for when there is no hd attached and when there is one attached. coders, by nature, are lazy; therefore, most games will not take advantage of the hd (caching etc) as they would have to code that much more... xbox 1 got it right, ps3 acknowledged that and copied xbox 1... so i think the lack of a built-in hd with every unit (hell, even a 10gb one on the lower end systems would still allow for caching) should be added to this poll...

nowitzkiripp

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »

i dont want to sound like a homer here but i know so many people with the annoying loose magnet drive disk read problem error thats just not acceptable

Viper323

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »

Wow, there are just so many... biggrin.gif

I would say the RRoD problem / denying the RRoD problem (They kinda go hand in hand...) and the lack of filetype support were their biggest mistakes. Being honest / reasonable with consumers and a firmware update could solve these problems though.

halofun121

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »

I think the Xbox 360 at launch should have been what the Xbox 360 Elite is today. HDMI output and the 120 GB HD would have been big pluses from the start. The Core package was a big mistake. Including built in WiFi and a hard drive in every package would have also been nice.

I also think better Media Playback capabilities from the start would also have been better. Playing HD quality movies over HDMI off of the hard drive? Sounds good to me! The Media Center Extender thing can stay, but calling it a replacement for an XBMC-style media player is a joke.

The RRoD is outrageous. I can understand some problems at first, but we're still having them? They should have invested more money into quality and rigorously tested the hardware. But we all know they wanted to get it out the door a year before everyone else. This is the most important problem. This is what's going to draw the average consumer away.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »

"Denying/Ignoring RRoD for 1.5y" thats what i voted for... although that RROD should not have even happened in the first place if they would have used decent components etc.

theres more i could complain about in that list although some of it you know microsoft will never give to the people like how XBMC is for the original xbox1... pretty much does all formats.

but honestly the denying it for 1.5years is just flat out unacceptable!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6