xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360?  (Read 1380 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With The 360?
« on: July 08, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »

vote, discuss wink.gif

Gman22

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »

I think their biggest mistake was the limited filetype support.  Although I realize they want to use Windows Media Audio/Video, they should realize that that isn't what most people want.

Just like not being able to play video unless you had a Media Center PC...good thing that has changed with the latest dash update.

Gman22

AirGibson

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »

My vote would be for the $50 annual fee to give you permission to do what other gaming options let you do for free.

Short of that, I'd say the RRoD.

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »

More than one big mistake.. Limited file type support is a big one as well as the hugely overpriced accessories no internal hddvd drive, denying rrod problem.. wow I could vote for almost all of the options listed in the poll.

Ravenheart

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »

Interesting to see how people are almost evenly devided over wether the Red Ring of Death was worst or pretending they didnt have a problem for 1.5 years...I think M$ really stuffed up with the way they handled it, especially these last few months were it has become pretty public knowledge about 33% failure rate and even tv news shows reporting on it. Had they responded say a year ago it would have really helped. As it is, even with their new 3yr warrenty announcement I think they have really damaged their long term credibility.

mr2000jp

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ravenheart @ Jul 9 2007, 05:37 AM) View Post

Interesting to see how people are almost evenly devided over wether the Red Ring of Death was worst or pretending they didnt have a problem for 1.5 years...I think M$ really stuffed up with the way they handled it, especially these last few months were it has become pretty public knowledge about 33% failure rate and even tv news shows reporting on it. Had they responded say a year ago it would have really helped. As it is, even with their new 3yr warrenty announcement I think they have really damaged their long term credibility.

i totally agree with you , lying or lets say not admitting to be blamed , for all that time and not doing something serious about it , did really ruin their credibility

XaN4

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »

i would have voted for all of them i can M$ did a very bad job on this console they put really cheap parts into this console i love what sony is doing and im not a sony fanboy is that sony gets no money from the console at all but all from games i wish M$ would put more time and money into the 360 a hd-dvd drive would not be that much more if was built in but really pisses me off is that the mics suck major balls i cant her crap out of them and some times the qualty is so bad i cat understand people

Murc

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »

good list....I think you just pointed out everything that has irritated me with the 360...apart from getting banned.
but back in the days when I had live, and played people on it, the headset quality...wow, I was shocked on how poor it was, it made my cellphone sound crystal clear.   its audio only....they NEED to up the power of that thing.  ans thats why I voted for it.  so MS (hopefully) sees this poll, and relizes that people have noticed the incredibly sucky audio quality that thing spits out.

my second choice would have gone to the 1.5 years of RROD denial.

Evil Dav3

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 10:56:00 PM »

I hate the media extension. Why do I have to run some crappy program to view my xvid's? It wouldn't be that hard to add the codec. Maybe next time we'll see something like XBMC.

proger

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Evil Dav3 @ Jul 9 2007, 12:56 AM) View Post

I hate the media extension. Why do I have to run some crappy program to view my xvid's? It wouldn't be that hard to add the codec. Maybe next time we'll see something like XBMC.

Crappy program? You know, the guys that create the "crappy programs" put a lot of hard work in them.

eenu

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

Since when do people at Xbox-scene care about the amount of work that gets put into games and software?

sicknasty413

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 01:19:00 AM »

I picked the 1st option because-

1- If there was no ring of death..they wouldn't have been able to ignore it for 1.5 years
2- If there was no ring of death..no one would care about the length of the warranty
3- D pad doesn't particularly effect me...
4- Headset has always been fine to me... could be louder I suppose
5- Sync issues with the wireless headset kept me away from ever using mine
6- Limited file support doesn't effect me.. I have a computer for all that stuff
7- Webbrowser I don't really care about.. I have a computer for that
8- Don't need wifi..plus there are alternatives.. buy a premium or Elite if you're worried about HDD prices
9- Don't really care about HD-DVD... but I do have the add-on. It gives me choices..

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 02:01:00 AM »

Ignoring the RRoD was by far the worst thing. It's a fact of life that problems can arise once a product goes live (regardless of how much you test it), but what you do when it occurs will be the deciding factor.

How many people since the RRoD was first discovered have opened their console to fix the problem? How many of these people would have been better off to send the unit back for a free repair (but couldn't under the old warranty)?

Martin

Tazmanian_Devil

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 04:31:00 AM »

Red Ring of Dead (RRoD) Problem
Denying/Ignoring RRoD for 1.5y
At launch only 90days warranty in USA
Crappy D-pad  <------------------------------------------------this is the only thing i dont have a problem with
Low quality of standard headset
Sync issues with early controllers and wireless headset  
Limited filetype support for media playback
Lack of a webbrowser
Overpriced accessoires (WiFi Adapter, HDD, ...)
No internal High-Def/Capacity Disc

Again we have been shafted by M$, not only with a lack of support for the above, but because they wanted to beat $ony to the off with a quicker release, we get cheap ass components that make the 360 a drop out.

Also with the cheaper release price, we are hit with overpriced accessories that could be sold at half the price.

Toon_Army

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 05:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(AirGibson @ Jul 9 2007, 03:18 AM) View Post

My vote would be for the $50 annual fee to give you permission to do what other gaming options let you do for free.

Short of that, I'd say the RRoD.

my £40 for 360 LIVE or the free PS3........ i'll have 360 every time, and yes, i do own a PS3.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6