xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: What's The Coolest Kind Of Console Hacking?  (Read 1380 times)

blackbeard269

• Archived User
What's The Coolest Kind Of Console Hacking?
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »

Homebrew is the bomb as it was in my commodore 64 days. Yes i am an old fart from the commie days but no i have yet to grow up. Running a BBS is going to be coming back big time to the computer world as the trackers are cracking down on homebrew servers. Yea i could pull out the old commie and hook up a HDD drive to it and run the old C*base v3.0 that is compatible with the pc to use as a server. Cool huh! Still have yet to see a bbs stack up to C*Base by Pro. Plum.

Blackbeard269

Ecosse360

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2007, 03:51:00 AM »

Definitely Homebrew, what you can do to the first xbox is great. In time I can't wait to see the 360 run its own xbmc, with all the extra processing power!!  smile.gif

Boyet728

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »

Homebrew, XBMC (PM3) and installing linux was the main reason i modded my box.
 cool.gif

Xx The 0ne xX

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »

def homebrew, being able to run whatever i want on my console is another reason to buy one

DMagic1

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »

Definitely homebrew (XBMC).

DaFunks

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »

1. HomeBrew - XBMC really. It has changed the xbox from just a gaming system to a Media System. I dont think I have played a game on my xbox for about 3-4 months now. But I use the xbox for about 5hs a day normaly much more. Its a great system and I cant wait for it to move to Linux so I can builda barebones PC just for it.

2. Linux - I know most people do not use it but I think it is cool. I have NO PC at the moment and I use x-DSL to browse the net using FIREFOX and I use MSN to chat. Plus it is NOT slow at all. Alot of linux OS's are slow but x-DSL is super fast.

3. Modding - It is cool and the things people can do blow my mind. Just wish i could do it all.

D3vi@nt

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

homebrew but i modded mine for backups cuz times wuz rough lol biggrin.gif

EMoNey1

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »

As everyone else said,  XBMC is the greatest homebrew out there.  Truly amazing software.

ausmods

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2007, 04:09:00 AM »

Homebrew FTW! Every game console needs to have good homebrew, especially emulators and media centers...

d0ck

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »

I love homebrew.

I think running backups is great. I'm not a very rich man. I buy my games. I love being able to run a backup and not the original. I collect games. Got complete box sets of lunar and other really rare games. I WILL NOT play any of my originals. Only time they been spinned is when I made a backup. I had to buy GRAW Two times. For 64.64 a peice. You're talking around 130 for one game. I can't be doing that no more. Specialy when the console broke my games. Piracy is a problem. But we should be able to run backups if like. Sucks though poeple use stuff for backup as a gateway for piracy. But that's life and the way things go. Some poeple use it for evil some honeslt run just there backups.

d0ck

eebeejay

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »

I say homebrew. But backups are the reason any console that has been hacked, was hacked in the 1st place.

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »

Im goin' with Case Modding, because I can make my system different from the rest of the world. But I think XBMC is pretty sick though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]