xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Best Os Layout  (Read 979 times)

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

360 Blades hands down winer - easy to navigate and see all of your options easily and at once
PS3 - painful navigation of features and options - cumbersome and slow
Wii - nice interface, but very basic and will not do well with future additions
Windows - well we all know how that is, but i have to say that Vista is very nice as long as you got enough RAM

and there should have been other OS choices like Linux (Knoppix, Ubuntu, Gentoox, etc) or Mac - or at least called the Windows option as "other" - not that I like using those other OS' but still to be fair...

Unregistered007

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 08:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(794 @ Mar 12 2007, 09:59 PM) View Post

360 Blades hands down winer - easy to navigate and see all of your options easily and at once
PS3 - painful navigation of features and options - cumbersome and slow
Wii - nice interface, but very basic and will not do well with future additions
Windows - well we all know how that is, but i have to say that Vista is very nice as long as you got enough RAM

and there should have been other OS choices like Linux (Knoppix, Ubuntu, Gentoox, etc) or Mac - or at least called the Windows option as "other" - not that I like using those other OS' but still to be fair...

I don't bother replying to opinions but you are a bullSH***TER.. the XMB is the fastest and smootest to navigate its even faster than the 360's blades .. anyone here who ownz a ps3 and a 360 will say the same thing unless he is a blind fanboy

ThaCrip

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 11:54:00 PM »

xbox360's blades as they work great on XBMC using the MC360 skin.

then windows.

gli7ch

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »

Ah well, I liked the original green backround on the xbox, but all that changed when the modifications came out... the sky is also a pretty color
 blink.gif

BRD

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 10:14:00 PM »

I only have the 360 console, but I do have PSP, and I just think that the XMB is really sleek and nice looking.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »

i say that the 360 is a very nice lay out
easy to nav through

then windows

batmike1990

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »

my opinions

wii: Havemt got one, seen em in action tho wernt to impressed IMO
360: The blades are cool but it wudda won my vote if it had more than 4 blades
ps3: not released yet but its the same as the psp, i hated the psp menu so lost my vote
windows: ive always loved windows, back from 3.1, 95 was ok, 98 was the best millenium horrible, xp great not fantastic tho and vista reminds me of a new xp skin in all fairness

spinr34

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »

as far as consoles go, 360 dash. i own all 3. the 360 dash is just done right. the thing i like about the XMB is when you highlight a game it loads a game specific bg and plays a nice little song. other than that, it is a complete wreck. wii channels, nothing to complain about but the wii just doesn't have the options the 360 does. and windows well, i don't hate on windows like other people do but, you can't really compare it to the other 3, imo.

Textbook

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »

*cough* BIAS *cough*

I'm sorry, I just don't like the blades.  They're relatively slow.  At least for me.  I like menus/gui to be as fast as possible.  I hate it when GUI designers slow it down so the idiots don't get lost because the menu is too fast.  A good example is in Marble Blast Ultra I can hit Start, Down, A so fast it is just a flash on the screen to restart the match.  I love that.  Compare that to Halo 2's GUI for example, to change controller settings there is a slight delay when entering a submenu, like a fade almost.  It is intentional.

I hate that, and that's what I feel the 360 blades are, intentionally delayed.

And why would somebody say that the Wii GUI is messed up?  Everything is right there on one screen.  GUI designers are told to try and minimize the number of actions required to get somewhere.  With Windows or Wii, it's point and click, done.  With PS3 or 360, it's move one blade, move another blade, move another blade, just to get to a screen that gives you the options you want.  Wii and Windows were there to begin with.

Sloppy Fat Dump

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »

Xbox 360 OS is very practical and easy to use.  Not to mention very customizable.  However, the PS3 media bar style is much more aesthetically pleasing.  It's just so neat and mesmerizing on a good TV.  But, it's much harder to navigate than the xbox 360's OS.  I'm a artsy d-bag so I choose the PS3 media bar overall.

Yamthief

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »

I've used all three and i think Sony probably has the easiest and fastest navigation out of all three to navigate, but sometimes it's a pain finding stuff...
Xbox's blades seem a little sluggish sometimes and wii's channels just make my arm ache.
personally tho, i'm going to stick with xbox, the ps3 is way too pricey for what it is, and wii just isnt powerful enough.

dyinman

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »

Well, first of all, if you're going to have Windows in there, you should also have OSX and the various BSD/Linux flavors.

I would then probably choose KDE, then OSX.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »

A bit biased on a mostly Xbox website..lol

ShadowmanX

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Mar 17 2007, 11:06 PM) *

A bit biased on a mostly Xbox website..lol

Bit stupid lol, lol, lol, LOL, LOL FRAGGIN' LOL! that you haven't read the rest of this topic.

CustomFaceplates4U

• Archived User
The Best Os Layout
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »

xbox 360 blades all the way! just because the xbox rules over all other consoles or pc's! muhahahahaa
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4